The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52617)

Redeemed Papist 07-10-2011 07:59 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

Quote:

but now I feel I have to weigh my opinion
There's your problem!

2 Corinthians 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

Yes, not you, the Lord. God doesn't care about your opinion that you made up so you could tell yourself that pretending to be a woman and opening your butt to other men was OK.

1 Corinthians 6:9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

God has warned you you're going to Hell if you don't change and you spit in his face!

OhLookAnAthiestFool 07-10-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 773428)
There's your problem!

2 Corinthians 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

Yes, not you, the Lord. God doesn't care about your opinion that you made up so you could tell yourself that pretending to be a woman and opening your butt to other men was OK.

1 Corinthians 6:9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

God has warned you you're going to Hell if you don't change and you spit in his face!

Ok, first thing's first, if you look at my name, you'll see that I'm an athiest, so dont tell me I'll burn in hell, because, being an athiest, I dont believe in hell, secondly, you have just proved your(and by extention, this entire forum's) ignorance, by straight up telling me that as a human who has his own beliefs, my opinion isnt valid.

Thank you for showing me just how stupid you people can be!

Redeemed Papist 07-10-2011 03:48 PM

It's not me telling you, it's God telling you.

Something tells me you didn't read the noobs thread so I guess you are determined to make a bit of an ass of yourself.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...=5610#Atheists

Lurk more.

James Hutchins 07-10-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhLookAnAthiest (Post 773455)
Ok, first thing's first, if you look at my name, you'll see that I'm an athiest, so dont tell me I'll burn in hell, because, being an athiest, I dont believe in hell, secondly, you have just proved your(and by extention, this entire forum's) ignorance, by straight up telling me that as a human who has his own beliefs, my opinion isnt valid.

Welcome freind, glad you found us.! :tiphat:

Son, all sinners will burn in Hell. Just because you do not worship God like you should does not mean you get a free pass and go to Heaven. No, you will go straight to Hell and probably be one of the first of the batch to have your anus ripped wide from the Devils swollen talleywacker being stuffed in your rectum. You think it is all fun and games now, you jut wait until you are dead. We will see who is laughing then.

No, you opinions are valid, just as a retard has the opinion to eat dog poo. You both are just wrong, in so many ways.

OhLookAnAthiestFool 07-10-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 773467)
Welcome freind, glad you found us.! :tiphat:

Son, all sinners will burn in Hell. Just because you do not worship God like you should does not mean you get a free pass and go to Heaven. No, you will go straight to Hell and probably be one of the first of the batch to have your anus ripped wide from the Devils swollen talleywacker being stuffed in your rectum. You think it is all fun and games now, you jut wait until you are dead. We will see who is laughing then.

No, you opinions are valid, just as a retard has the opinion to eat dog poo. You both are just wrong, in so many ways.

Like I said, I neither believe in heaven or hell, so your idle threats about god do not phase me in any way, I have received 2 infractions, this will no-doubt be my third, and undoubtedly be a ban, so good bye.

James Hutchins 07-10-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhLookAnAthiest (Post 773492)
Like I said, I neither believe in heaven or hell, so your idle threats about god do not phase me in any way, I have received 2 infractions, this will no-doubt be my third, and undoubtedly be a ban, so good bye.

Friend, just because you do not believe in Heaven and Hell does not mean they do not exist. See, you have very little faith and eternity is a big gamble.
Do you really want to waste your scant 80 years here on Earth only to find out you were horribly wrong? Are you really so stubborn, knowing your destination is north and ignoring all the signs telling you that you are traveling south? Don't you think reading the roadmap (Bible) and knowing for sure what direction you are taking the smart bet?

People only get infracted because they are naughty. If you apologize to Jesus, He might reverse them. Byt the way, I had a look at your infractions, sadly they were well deserved. Perhaps you should spend less time worrying about video games and more about living like a Christian.

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-10-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhLookAnAthiestFool (Post 773455)

Why should people respect your beliefs for no other reason than that you hold them? You should have to supply reasons like everyone else. Where do you get off just saying, "I believe this, I don't believe that, don't tell me otherwise"?

Explain why you believe there is no Hell. Explain why we should respect your belief in atheism. What are your REASONS for believing there is no God? You do have REASONS, don't you?

Redeemed Papist 07-10-2011 10:20 PM

I don't know why this atheist guy thinks we're threatening him.

It's God that's threatening him.

Seems kinda churlish not to warn him...

James Hutchins 07-10-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 773532)
I don't know why this atheist guy thinks we're threatening him.

It's God that's threatening him.

Seems kinda churlish not to warn him...

I agree, we only want to be his friend and help him. Why these people always attack the messenger, I'll never know.:(

OhLookAnAthiestFool 07-11-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 773517)
Why should people respect your beliefs for no other reason than that you hold them? You should have to supply reasons like everyone else. Where do you get off just saying, "I believe this, I don't believe that, don't tell me otherwise"?

Explain why you believe there is no Hell. Explain why we should respect your belief in atheism. What are your REASONS for believing there is no God? You do have REASONS, don't you?

ok, now I know you're trolling... I expect you to respect my beliefs for the exact same reason you expect people to respect yours, I believe there is no god, no heaven, no hell, no afterlife because there is no scientific proof that any of those exist. Now, admittedly, the is no proof that they dont exist, and I accept that.

you expect people to believe your beliefs because you believe in the holy bible, the book which was supposedly god's instructions to humans.

It's called being Human, every individual has their own beliefs, every human has a reason to believe what they believe, and right now, I believe you're a troll, so with that, I tip my hat, oh and whichever admin added the fool part to my name, go ahead and change athiest to Agnostic, because I dont really care either way, I just like to live my life the way I see fit, not what some omnipotent force deems I should...

James Hutchins 07-12-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhLookAnAthiestFool (Post 773862)
ok, now I know you're trolling... I expect you to respect my beliefs for the exact same reason you expect people to respect yours, I believe there is no god, no heaven, no hell, no afterlife because there is no scientific proof that any of those exist. Now, admittedly, the is no proof that they dont exist, and I accept that.

you expect people to believe your beliefs because you believe in the holy bible, the book which was supposedly god's instructions to humans.

It's called being Human, every individual has their own beliefs, every human has a reason to believe what they believe, and right now, I believe you're a troll, so with that, I tip my hat, oh and whichever admin added the fool part to my name, go ahead and change athiest to Agnostic, because I dont really care either way, I just like to live my life the way I see fit, not what some omnipotent force deems I should...

That is just crazy talk. There are mounds of proof of God. Not only did we get Jesus, we got miracles, the ten commandments, the Bible, the sun, stars, the Earth and all living things.
Ah, that's right, it was all an accident. I do not know about you friend, but when I have an accident, things get destroyed, not Created.:innocent:

It is not that we believe in God, we know Him. Do you believe in your parents or do you know them?:hmmm:

Face it friend, you love Jesus, you just think it is not cool. However, the reality is, Jesus is the coolest dude ever! :yahoo:

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-12-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

You are just plain wrong about me. I do not expect people to respect my beliefs. I get persecuted for my beliefs EVERYDAY by people like you, coming here telling me to respect them for hating my creator. I know better than to expect respect from the Hellbound morons who troll this Godly forum.

Luke 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

I do not expect respect. I expect persecution, because the Bible tells me to expect it.

Redeemed Papist 07-12-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

There's your first piece of arrogance. I don't expect you to respect my beliefs. I'm just telling you that God repeatedly states that you are going to go to Hell because of your beliefs and this makes me sad.

Quote:

I'm not expecting you to believe my beliefs. I'm just warning you of how God simply does not tolerate anyone having any other beliefs than what is clearly set out in the Bible as a set of easy-to-follow instructions.

Quote:

I put the bit in bold that means you are going to Hell if you don't repent.

Somehow you seem to be missing the fact that our sole purpose here is to bring to the attention of wishy washy bunnyhugging fake christians and God-mocking atheists like you what God ACTUALLY had to say to His people in the Bible and that God is not messing about when he tells you what will happen to your soul if you don't follow His laws.

We're not telling you what to believe, you can choose to go to Hell if you want, we're warning you that what you are doing is contrary to God's will then you can make an informed choice about whether it's safe not to believe in God, whether you like His message or not.

LogicallyThinking 07-14-2011 04:30 AM

My goodness, this is so pathetic, it made me laugh. I seriously can't imagine what goes on in your heads, people. I imagine, if you've played TF2, and weren't some delusional bible thumping bitch, you'd find it quite fun. And it is. Also, I don't see why you automatically assume that this just has to be homosexuality. Why can't it be a friendship between characters? I don't see how this is Anti-American either. I mean, warfare is pretty American to me. Also, how you've punished your child is just sad, banning him from seeing his friends? That's just [TOILET-MOUTH DELETED]. Your kid needs friends, or else he'll end up like you. And how sad that would be.

NuclearAtheist 07-14-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballMom67 (Post 623351)
hi all

first i must say thank you all for this board so i can keep my son away from nasty stuff the devil puts on this earth

as grateful as i am i am here to tell you all to ban team fortress 2 (abbreviated as TF2) for the following reasons

i discovered about it this weekend when my 15 year old son charlie brought home his friend and they were playing on his friend's laptop a game where it's nothing but killing, bad words, god bashing, anti-american propaganda, and worst of all HOMOSEXUALITY

first off this is their artwork they use to advertise to the MASSES

http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/screensho..._tf2splash.jpg

as you can see, they all are posed to look threatening (i guess that's what boys like these days)

there is also blantent homosexuality (when the doctor heals his patients they all say things like "i love this doctor" or "get behind me doctor!")

they made a character that looks like a soldier and he talks about god's world being his ("this is my world, you are not welcome in my world!") when i heard this i was MORBIDLY SHOCKED and appalled and ashamed of my son and he knew it

i was wondering why my son was getting into fights and after i saw this i banned him from ever seeing his friends

if you see your child playing this, tell them to uninstall it and watch him do it!!!

hope this helps parents out so your child doesn't stray far from god!

-baseballmom67

ok im just gonna break this down and explain why you are a morally dumbass who needs to get off his crack and back to reality readyyyyy GO!

"first i must say thank you all for this board so i can keep my son away from nasty stuff the devil puts on this earth

as grateful as i am i am here to tell you all to ban team fortress 2 (abbreviated as TF2) for the following reasons

i discovered about it this weekend when my 15 year old son charlie brought home his friend and they were playing on his friend's laptop a game where it's nothing but killing, bad words, god bashing, anti-american propaganda, and worst of all HOMOSEXUALITY"

okk ill give that the killing and the bad words theres nothing i can say to change that but.... , god bashing ? lets keep that one in mind for a moment Anti-american proaganda (I'm a retard.) lets move on and homosexuality ok ...

- God Bashing - NOT AT ALL i forgot that you live under a close minded rock that never says anything mean and is so kind and gentle ... THATS CALLED TAUNTING... nooo not taunting god , taunting the enemy when he kills the enemy and i doubt you have never taunted someone before in your life and if you havent your about to be taunted by me through out this post so have fun ;-) The fact that your saying that hes on "god's world" just makes me laugh i because its called uhhhmmm FANTASY or ummm UNREAL or ummmm FAKE ooooorrr A VIDEO GAME.

- anti-americanpropaganda - I'M A RETARD i hope your not serious thats all im gonna say

- Homosexuality - THATS REALLY REALLY RUDE buddy/madme homosexuals have rights and feelings too and just because you dont believe in they're ways and lifestyles dont mean you need be an asshat about it.

"i was wondering why my son was getting into fights and after i saw this i banned him from ever seeing his friends"

well lets see there are 2 possible options of why your son is getting into fights....

1: there is a kid picking on him and he dosnt want to come out and say that he is being bullied

2: you are to controling over him and he get mad at you guys and dosnt say anything about it so he picks fights with kids at school to try to get his anger released

3:(bonus) KEEP YOUR PROBELMS OUT OF THIS ... if you kid is getting in fights you cant blame it on a game thats like me going to a bank robbing it and then blaming it on gta 4 thats is bullshit

DOSNT god/jesus tell you to take fault for your own actions you son is just being an asshat :-) like mother like son both pansy's

Norwegianpretender 08-05-2011 12:19 AM

Thanks for remining me, i was going to buy this game to my youngest son as i thought it was a pro-American action game where you run around as a proud Amercian Christian soldier in some 3rd world country and shooting sinful mooslim terrorists, but now i wont buy it as its clearly a perverted game that promotes homersexuality and communism. Someone also mentioned that all the main characters in it aren't Americans, some of them are Americans which is good BUT its also said to have French, Scottish, Australian and German characters, which makes it a pro-globalism and pro-equalism game.

TimonIsInSpace 08-16-2011 07:44 PM

I've got a huge argument to make on this. :angry:

I am a Christian and yet I still play this game and have been into it for years.

Before you start yelling at me and saying I'm impure, I want to tell you that TF2 is not exactly what you're thinking it is and you shouldn't judge it unless you know what it is exactly.

The killing part is all decided by the people who play and control the characters. Often times when I'm not in the mood for killing, I join a friendly server with a couple friends, we play music on the mic, and we have parties and act totally random. You're the one in control, so it's YOUR decision what you do.

God-bashing? As in when The Soldier jeers about the world being his? Please, guys, he's not talking about THE actual world, as in the world God created, he's talking about the WORLD OF WAR. The least you could do is research that. Throughout the game, he talks about himself living in a world of war, because the whole game is played as one big, giant, continuous war. He loves war and claims the war to be his, so you've just misunderstood that part.

This game doesn't ship homosexuality, Valve would never do that!
Just because well, The Heavy, I guess you're talking about, says stuff like that, doesn't mean he's gay, he's just enthusiastic. If he and The Medic had any kind of sexual relationship, it would've been promoted in their bios on the game's website.
And if you do think they're gay, then let me inform you that that's not what TF2 intends you to think. Because they're not, they're just friends because the work as a team within a team.

So please, it wouldn't kill you to just look into the game instead of judging it, because there's not much bad about it at all (minus the mild swearing and Demoman's drunkenness).
I know quite a few other God-fearing and hardcore Christians in my church who play this game as well, and they would all say the same thing.

If you compare TF2 with all the other shooters ever made, you'd have to admit that Team Fortress is the most kid friendly. Its violence comes from downright ridiculousness. I mean, how in real life can you kill someone by hitting them 3 times with a fish?

And just to let you know, BaseballMom's opinion about this game made me crack up XD It's NOTHING like what she explains it to be, it's really not.

IcePeten 08-17-2011 08:47 AM

I registered just so I can put in my input. This game has adult themes, yes. The game itself isn't nothing but killing and destroying people in a very fun way.:lex_12:

Have I played it? Attempted. My computer is too crappy to play it, but that didn't make me want to not see the gameplay. I lurked on youtube and found other people playing it and watched with delight. This game is intended for people who can handle mature situations. Now, if you take the game away all you're doing is making it worse. He'll find ways of playing it, especially now that it's free on PCs.

I've played a LOT worse games before. I've cut people in HALF with a chainsaw gun in games. This game comes nowhere close to the things I've done on games. Hell, I pissed in a monsters head on Duke Nukem.

This game reminds me of Gunz The Duel with blood. It's not bad, but it's not good either. When it comes to violence and gore, this game lacks the fun element of ripping through an alien scum, or noob-toobing a grenade spammer.

I believe in God myself and I still play games. Think about it, you guys are hating things with violence and gore, yet you teach your kids about the things that happened to Jesus. :jesus: <--- Fine example.

You all need to take a chill pill and smoke some fine weed and get back to this subject.

Dan U. Holier 08-17-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcePeten (Post 783719)
...This game is intended for people who can handle mature situations...

…and what are these mature situations? Seating in front of your computer, alone, wearing sweaty, dung-stained underwear and shouting obscenities?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcePeten (Post 783719)
...Think about it, you guys are hating things with violence and gore...

You must have confused us with some lukewarm, cherry-picking “Christians”. Those who believe that God is a peace-loving, tree-hugging hippy are living in denial. We follow the Holy Bible word by word: read Psalm 137:9, Numbers 31:17, Deuteronomy 7:1-2, Deuteronomy 20:16, Joshua 6:21, Joshua 10:40-41, Joel 3:9-10 etc.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Stop wasting time and get you behind in the US Navy, son.

YiC

Dan

allanscadden 08-17-2011 07:14 PM

I agree with what you've said. What these other people have said about the game and you is just disgraceful. Yes I too am a confirmed Christian (from New Zealand), I've never played the game and because of that I don't harbour any grudge against it. The thought that software developers are designing these games to "train" our young is just awkward at best. And the fact that a select few have not given any mercy to those "evil developers" is plain wrong. God grants mercy too everyone. Even the most wicked. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's nice to finally read a positive post on this forum.