The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Favorite Bible Verse (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47592)

Brother Jared 06-13-2012 02:01 PM

Re: Favorite Bible Verse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. A. Portway (Post 895254)
That is a very inspiring verse Brother, but we use the King James Bible, version 1611, here at Landover. Psalm 58:10 reads as follows in the One True Bible©.

Oh, I will order a hard book copy right away and use an online version of KJBV 1611 until it arrives. Can you recommend a website, my friend?

Capt. Aaron Portway 06-13-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Jared (Post 895259)
Oh, I will order a hard book copy right away and use an online version of KJBV 1611 until it arrives. Can you recommend a website, my friend?

http://www.biblegateway.com/ :thumbsup:

Just make sure your preferences are set for the KJV. I think it defaults to the NIV or some such watered-down nonsense.

Brother Jared 06-13-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. A. Portway (Post 895261)
http://www.biblegateway.com/ :thumbsup:

Just make sure your preferences are set for the KJV. I think it defaults to the NIV or some such watered-down nonsense.

I utmost thank you, my friend, and will present you this great quote:

"But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased" (Hebrews 13:16)

hellfire Republican 06-14-2012 06:02 PM

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: mathew 6:28

hellfire Republican 06-17-2012 10:24 AM

I also enjoy at time the story of the end times.
Luke 17:32-37

King James Version (KJV)

32 Remember Lot's wife.
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Pen Eses Eater 06-20-2012 10:20 PM

Pr 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Pastor Ezekiel 06-21-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pen Eses Eater (Post 898179)
Pr 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

He'll be laughing His Holy ass off at you once you're down in hell, being satan's favorite party ewe. :sinner: :haha:

juliet 06-30-2012 12:21 PM

Titus 2:3-5

3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

I've always loved this quote!!! it is a passage of biblical truth from a generation to the next!

Yesterday in the afternoon I went to Mrs J*** to have a tea together and discuss of some activities of or group of Christian mothers. I love mrs J!

She is a 50 years old still beautiful lady, mother of 7 sons and 3 daughters, wife (for 32 years in september) of a retired judge that now is mayor of our town, and no need to say, wonderful Godly woman.

She was standing still, but told me to seat (I am 8 months pregnant). "Do you mind my standing still, julie?" she asked me. I said no, but she noticed my surprise.
she smiled in her calm and warm way.
"yesterday I made a mistake, and Mr J was so kind to remind me what is the place that God assigned to women" she simply said.

with a even warmer smile, she added: "we wives, know how it must work, don't we?"
and then she reminded to me how it is important for viwes always to remember their place, as clearly described in the Bible, and that we have to put our best efforts to be in every moment the obedient and submissive wives God commanded us to be.

I really admire that lady, and I hope I will have such a wonderful marriage as she has with Mr J!!!!

We young ladies, need these mature women to encourage us to follow the biblical rules.

Elijahthebeast666 08-08-2012 06:26 PM

Ezekiel 23:19-20
King James Version (KJV)
19 Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.

20 For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Zechariah Smyth 08-08-2012 06:32 PM

Those are great ones!

:praise:

Brother Harold Porter 08-08-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijahthebeast666 (Post 915925)
Ezekiel 23:19-20
King James Version (KJV)
19 Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.

20 For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

So your favorite verse is one describing equine ejaculation? I'm pretty certain I know why, but care to tell us why this moves you?

In Christ

Jacob Everett Jones 08-11-2012 11:47 PM

I've always been fond of Matthew 6:10.

John William 08-14-2012 08:01 PM

I found this story at about Mitt Romney using the Mormon prophet Thomas S. Monson to raise the dead and give sight to the blind? Is this true can the Mormons really do this? they call the story miracles-lds. You can see the story on my signature below it is very interesting

Mary Etheldreda 08-14-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John William (Post 918559)
I found this story at about Mitt Romney using the Mormon prophet Thomas S. Monson to raise the dead and give sight to the blind? Is this true can the Mormons really do this? they call the story miracles-lds. You can see the story on my signature below it is very interesting

In what way does this reflect your favorite Bible verse?

:confused:

Jerry Ryan 11-26-2012 05:44 AM

my favorite bible verse is:

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Shimei 11-26-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Ryan (Post 953142)
my favorite bible verse is:

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Shalom

Nerddy 12-16-2012 10:30 AM

Hi. My favorite quote is in my signature. But can someone please explain what's this?

Psalm 137:9 - "Happy are those who grab your babies and smash them against the rocks."

John North 12-16-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neddy (Post 958943)
Hi. My favorite quote is in my signature. But can someone please explain what's this?

Psalm 137:9 - "Happy are those who grab your babies and smash them against the rocks."

You mean: ”Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

I’ve no intention to sound rude but what is there not to understand? Is there some word in particular that escapes your comprehension? One of the clearest passages of The Bible if I may say…

Maybe the following verses will add to your understanding:

Numbers 31:17
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

Exodus 11:4-5
4 And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:

5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

Isaiah 13:18
18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

2 Kings 2:24
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Repentant Heathen 12-16-2012 09:15 PM

My Favorite verse is Psalm 14:1 reminds me how stupid I used to be.

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-17-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neddy (Post 958943)

It is a prayer. God answers it in Isaiah.

Quote:

Isaiah 13:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.