The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   WEDDING BELLS! - Christian Wedding Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   How to Land a Good Husband (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=21993)

Daisy Mae Johnson 05-13-2009 08:00 PM

How to Land a Good Husband

This thread will serve as a tool to help the single ladies of Landover land a good husband.

Here are a few tips to start. Please feel free to add your own suggestions. I'm sure the single ladies will appreciate it.:thumbsup:

#1: Touch his arm when you are speaking to him. This will get his attention.

#2: Send him a random text message midday. A True Christian man will appreciate a special scripture quote.

#3: Ask him a question about something he knows a lot about (such JESUS or fixing cars or mowing the lawn)

#4: Give him a very specific compliment. Always make the compliment sincere.

(Telling a guy he's funny, handsome, or smart or extra GODLY is always appreciated but don't be too flirty, he will think you are a whore)

#5: Show off your cooking talents by baking him his favorite pie or a nice pot roast after Church on Sunday.

#6: Show off your cleaning abilities by cleaning his house on a weekly basis.

#7: Wash his feet like you would for JESUS.

Dating news flash: Guys like to show off for you. So if your True Christian gentleman could use an ego boost, there's nothing like letting him feel like an expert. Ask him about fishing, JESUS, how to BBQ the perfect pig -- whatever he's in to. Just remember to nod frequently and look really interested (but not like a whore).

Ebenezer Wright 05-13-2009 08:06 PM

Re: How to Land a Good Husband

I am looking for a woman that will wash my feet daily. Also, I need a woman who will not interrupt when the men are talking!

Nobar King 05-13-2009 11:01 PM

When your man's done mowing the lawn, don't ask him to do more chores. He may be ready for his nap.

Jimmy C Lombardo 05-14-2009 01:17 AM

Alright Ive got one that all woman should understand. Dont fart in the presence of a man!!! Its the most unappealing thing a woman could ever do! :bad:

Once my woman tried to spice things up for dinner and cooked messican burritos. Later that night I swear that she woke the deviled eggs up! See when men fart it smells normal like air. Woman should love her mans gas cus it shows loyalty and commitment.

Needless to say, one whiff of my bomb makes Charleane faint from delight when she walks past. Gotta luv a gal like that.:innocent:

Brother Jessup 06-05-2009 11:44 PM

Never ever tell your man he’s wrong or try and correct him, unless of course, you’re both in the car driving along an unfamiliar road and the map directions ain’t doing what there supposed to do. However, be careful ladies; don’t try to show your man up by proving that you’re smarter than he is, because it’s still a sin to do so, even if you really are smarter than he is.

Instead, take the Godly route and make him turn into the nearest station so you can use the restroom to powder your nose. Meanwhile, sneak into the back garage and ask the local grease monkey how to get to the Marie Callender’s Family Restaurant that’s off the 135 hwy. Then go back into the car and continue driving; only you can use your womanly charms and male manipulation techniques to inch your way in the right direction without letting the poor fool know that he ain’t driving using the map no more. It’s only a little white lie, and lying is wrong, but believes you me……Jesus will understand.

The Honorable Brother Jessup T. Lloyd, Esq. has spoken..……..Amen!

Miss April 06-05-2009 11:57 PM

This is a great thread Sister Bible Thumpin Blonde I'll use this guide cause i'm trying too find a good true Christian husband:)

Daisy Mae Johnson 06-06-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss April (Post 335650)
This is a great thread Sister Bible Thumpin Blonde I'll use this guide cause i'm trying too find a good true Christian husband:)

Trust me, these tips work. :thumbsup: I managed to get Pastor Zeke to propose to me 5 years ago and my 6 carrat ring is just gorgeous! It's taking forever to finish the wedding plans though :( Pastor Zeke keeps changing his mind on everything.... the colors, the caterer, the cake. I'll just keep being patient.... one of these days it will pay off.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

Helpful, Sister Thumper

P/S: If you already have a man...or when you get a man you should bring him lunch to work everyday that is fit for a king every! This will impress him and he will rely on you to feed him. :thumbsup: I would also sneak in a little note about how strong and handsome he is just like JESUS. ;)

MrMannnly 06-06-2009 12:42 AM

Sister you should be appreciative: Pastor Zeke wants nothing but the absolute PERFECT wedding for you! How many men would postpone the wedding for 2 years because the roses were two shades off alabaster white? Obviously a man who cares for you and wants you to have the best wedding tax-free money can buy :thumbsup:

Miss April 06-06-2009 01:19 AM

I do That's Wonderful Sister aww i'm sure it will be worth it in the end Thanks so much and for the tip i will make sure and do that when I get a Husband:)

Daisy Mae Johnson 06-06-2009 01:48 AM

Another tip.

On Wednesday's I often go over to Pastor Zeke's house and iron his underwear and then his paper money. He likes both of them crisp and clean.
(I'm not sure why, but he likes me to iron his one dollar bills folded once down the center length wise...something about Friday night Stripper Salvation night that he and the boys go to):thumbsup:

VictoryOS 06-06-2009 03:08 AM

I am so glad this thread has come back to life. Keep the tips coming, ladies! Some of us are sure that the Lord will smile upon us soon with a perfect Christian Prince to sweep us off our feet! We need to be ready for that opportunity so it doesn't pass us by.

Sister Kristi 06-06-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 335710)
Another tip.

On Wednesday's I often go over to Pastor Zeke's house and iron his underwear and then his paper money. He likes both of them crisp and clean.
(I'm not sure why, but he likes me to iron his one dollar bills folded once down the center length wise...something about Friday night Stripper Salvation night that he and the boys go to):thumbsup:

I love to iron for my husband, and I always wondered about the ironing of the dollar bills, but never asked as a good wife should. He is such a wonderful husband trying to save those poor girls with large hooters. I always thought he was talking about a bird catcher...
:wub:

Brother Jessup 06-06-2009 04:17 PM

Now, now ladies, just remember; for those special nights alone, when you are about to do the Lord’s bidding as stated in holy scripture, :kiss2:
please remember to keep the key to the chastity belt very close by and easily accessible. You know how we men folk hate to fidget with complicated contraptions when we’re all hot and bothered and about ready to become fruitful with you. I suggest that when you little Christian angels are laying there on the king’s size mattress in the proper missionary position, with your arms clasped along your person, and your eyes closed tight, make sure that the chastity belt key is sitting there exposed on top of the night stand located on the right side of the bed, with a great big stapler attached to it for easy viewing. :innocent:

If you're one of those ladies that’s always losing keys, you can always use a combination lock. :o

The Honorable Brother Jessup T. Lloyd, Esq. has spoken to the women folk…….Amen!

James Hutchins 06-06-2009 04:18 PM

Do not 'wonder', it is not your place to do so. Your mind should only be filled with thoughts of doing your chores batter and what you can do to make your husband happier. You should not have the time for foolish thoughts of fancy.

Ofc. Don W. Richards 06-06-2009 04:41 PM

It so happens that I'm a single man. I'm looking for a woman to get to know and have a Christian relationship with. Being an Officer of the Law doesn't leave me much time for a personal life, so she would have to be used to me having to be gone at any given time to keep the peace.

I wasn't bestowed the honor of being added to the department's wall of fame for the most traffic citations issued in one shift by sitting around at home.

Daisy Mae Johnson 06-06-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofc. Don W. Richards (Post 335951)

I wasn't bestowed the honor of being added to the department's wall of fame for the most traffic citations issued in one shift by sitting around at home.

Impressive Brother Officer Sir. I'll bet that will impress the ladies.

VictoryOS 06-06-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofc. Don W. Richards (Post 335951)

Protecting the public is such a manly job. You must work up quite an appetite by the end of your shifts! You need a woman who is able to whip up a meal fit for a king (which is exactly what you are).

Brother Lazarus 06-06-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryOS (Post 336021)
Protecting the public is such a manly job. You must work up quite an appetite by the end of your shifts! You need a woman who is able to whip up a meal fit for a king (which is exactly what you are).

Now Victory, do you have a crush on Officer Don? You must be impressed with his night stick!

Yours in Christ:jesus:
Brother Lazars

Nurse Clampett 06-07-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Jessup (Post 335938)
Now, now ladies, just remember; for those special nights alone, when you are about to do the Lord’s bidding as stated in holy scripture, :kiss2:
please remember to keep the key to the chastity belt very close by and easily accessible. You know how we men folk hate to fidget with complicated contraptions when we’re all hot and bothered and about ready to become fruitful with you. I suggest that when you little Christian angels are laying there on the king’s size mattress in the proper missionary position, with your arms clasped along your person, and your eyes closed tight, make sure that the chastity belt key is sitting there exposed on top of the night stand located on the right side of the bed, with a great big stapler attached to it for easy viewing. :innocent:

If you're one of those ladies that’s always losing keys, you can always use a combination lock. :o

The Honorable Brother Jessup T. Lloyd, Esq. has spoken to the women folk…….Amen!

You can't expect a woman to keep the keys to her own chastity belt!
The Godly Husband has the keys to mine when he's at work or out homo hunting. It would take the crafty Italian ways of a young muscular criminal like my pool man Guido to jimmy the lock and put it back without suspicion.

James Hutchins 06-07-2009 04:09 PM

I am always loosing my keys. So to prevent that from being a problem, I have given a copy to each of the Church Elders. My wife agrees, it is a very good idea.