The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Was Shirley Temple a Christian? Is Shirley Temple on the lap of Jesus or BURNING IN HELL? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=96674)

Trent Harvey, Jr. 02-11-2014 02:58 PM

Was Shirley Temple a Christian? Is Shirley Temple on the lap of Jesus or BURNING IN HELL?

I'm not sure what to make of Shirley Temple. Never watched her stuff, Disney channel does it better, and as for the internet

Anyway, let's tally the evidence: is Shirley Temple in Heaven or HELL?

Here she is promoting women in the military, that's one point for hell-bound:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...colonelVHS.jpg

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-11-2014 03:23 PM

Re: Was Shirley Temple a Christian? Is Shirley Temple on the lap of Jesus or BURNING IN HELL?

Was Shirley Temple a lesbian?

Shirley Temple promoted the "Tomboy" lifestyle. Everybody knows "tomboy" is just a codeword for "baby bulldyke":

http://analogik.com/_images/pic_shirley_temple.jpg

Sally Paulson 02-11-2014 03:41 PM

Re: Was Shirley Temple a Christian? Is Shirley Temple on the lap of Jesus or BURNING IN HELL?

Shirley Temple is dead?

That's tragic. So young. Her whole life ahead of her.:(

I guess God needed another little angel.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 02-12-2014 03:46 AM

She claimed to be a Republican, but was she Taxed Enough Already or was she a RINO?

Jedediah 02-12-2014 04:06 AM

I have prayed on this, the Holy Spirit has guided me to several sources of information, and from what I have gathered, Shirley Temple was a false Christian-in-Name-Only and presently burns in the fiery pit of hell.

From the Gospel Herald:

Quote:

Temple learned of the magnitude of her fame early on. Her religious views were swayed, as Temple found it difficult to attend church services due to "her fame and popularity would inevitably attract attention away from everything else," as stated in her biography Child Star.

Nevertheless, "religion and spirituality was important to her" throughout her life and career. Though Temple was brought up as Presbyterian, her mother claimed it would be easier to attend Episcopal churches near her home. Despite the difficulties of attending church, her mother made it clear that Temple "was taught about God and the Bible."
It sounds like, at best, her faith could be described as lukewarm. And we know what the LORD does to those who aren't filled with the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 3:15-16
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Further, though she claims to have saved her virginity for a white wedding, she was never able to produce the tokens of her virginity as proof of her intact maidenhead, in accordance with Deuteronomy 22:15-22.

Quote:

Shirley Temple was a virgin until her wedding night. After consumating the marriage, her new husband complained that he thought she seemed like she was not a virgin, as she had claimed. She explained that proof of her virginity had been surgically removed during a minor pre-marital surgical procedure performed by her doctor, Dr. Lawrence Davidson, three days prior to the wedding. Apparently this was a routine practice. (Child Star, pages 380-381, 385).
Sure. Consider the source. She divorced her first husband and remarried, living in adultery (Matthew 19:9). Are we to take this harlot on her word?

It seems pretty clear that she was a false Christian, chasing after her own lusts rather than perpetually seeking His face, and she now takes her place with all others who pay mere lip service to our LORD and Savior. She had her chance to become a True Christian™, she squandered the opportunity, and now she burns in hell.

Pastor Ezekiel 02-12-2014 04:41 AM

She was a RINO. She was a race-traitor too! :angry:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-12-2014 05:17 AM

Was Shirley Temple an alcoholic? I think so, she even has a drink named after her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedediah (Post 1063960)
She divorced her first husband and remarried, living in adultery (Matthew 19:9).

Well, that settles it.

Sally Paulson 02-12-2014 05:33 AM

So, Shirley's just another bite-sized tidbit for the demons of h e double hockey sticks.

Looks like she even had a death metal band:

https://dg19s6hp6ufoh.cloudfront.net...peg?1364742361
Though I'm a bit curious to hear what "On The Good Ship Lollipop" sounds like when it's being screamed over thrashing distorted guitar and frenzied drumming….I think I'll pass.

Comatoserocker 05-29-2016 06:55 PM

The "drink" is cherry soda, or Sprite with cherry syrup in it. It's a drink, but it's non-alcoholic.

Bezukhov 05-29-2016 11:10 PM

Just thought I'd pass along a review of Wee Willie Winkie by Graham Greene form 1937. In its entirety, so nothing could be taken out of context.

Graham Greene
Night and Day
Oct. 28, 1937

Quote:

The owners of a child star are like leaseholders — their property diminishes in value every year. Time’s chariot is at their backs: before them acres of anonymity. What is Jackie Coogan now but a matrimonial squabble? Miss Shirley Temple’s case, though, has peculiar interest: infancy with her is a disguise, her appeal is more secret and more adult. Already two years ago she was a fancy little piece — real childhood, I think, went out after The Littlest Rebel). In Captain January she wore trousers with the mature suggestiveness of a Marlene Dietrich: her neat and well-developed rump twisted in the tap-dance: her eyes had a sidelong searching coquetry. Now in Wee Willie Winkie, wearing short kilts, she is a complete totsy. Watch her swaggering stride across the Indian barrack-square: hear the gasp of excited expectation from her antique audience when the sergeant’s palm is raised: watch the way she measures a man with agile studio eyes, with dimpled depravity. Adult emotions of love and grief glissade across the mask of childhood, a childhood skin-deep.

It is clever but it cannot last. Her admirers — middle aged men and clergymen — respond to her dubious coquetry, to the sight of her well-shaped and desirable little body, packed with enormous vitality, only because the safety curtain of story and dialogue drops between their intelligence and their desire. “Why are you making my Mummy cry?” — what could be purer than that? And the scene when dressed in a white nightdress she begs grandpa to take Mummy to a dance — what could be more virginal? On those lines in her new picture, made by John Ford, who directed The Informer, is horrifyingly competent. It isn’t hard to stay to the last prattle and the last sob. The story — about an Afghan robber converted by Wee Willie Winkie to the British Raj — is a long way after Kipling. But we needn’t be sour about that. Both stories are awful, but on the whole Hollywood’s is the better.

Des 05-30-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bezukhov (Post 1182517)
Just thought I'd pass along a review of Wee Willie Winkie by Graham Greene form 1937. In its entirety, so nothing could be taken out of context.

Graham Greene
Night and Day
Oct. 28, 1937

That account by this Graham Greene has me all hot and flushed
with anger that unsuspecting audiences would be subjected to such depravity.

Just thinking about such lasciviousness makes me want to ram her
movies down the trash compactor.

I am so pent up with emotion right now that I could literally spew
insults at the director and the little harlot.

I'll be in my soundproof prayer closet, thinking about this & beating
the walls in righteous fury.

Bezukhov 05-30-2016 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 1182522)
That account by this Graham Greene has me all hot and flushed
with anger that unsuspecting audiences would be subjected to such depravity.

Just thinking about such lasciviousness makes me want to ram her
movies down the trash compactor.

I am so pent up with emotion right now that I could literally spew
insults at the director and the little harlot.

I'll be in my soundproof prayer closet, thinking about this & beating
the walls in righteous fury.

This ought to make you pound those wall even harder. On the other hand, and yes I'm new here, but is it possible that there is Mercy to be had? Rather than Shirley sitting on Jesus' lap, or burning in Hell, she is right now draped across His knee for a little corrective punishment?

https://rosswolfe.files.wordpress.co...ch-girl_04.jpg

WilliamJenningsBryan 05-30-2016 02:52 AM

Graham Greene was a cathylick (who allegedly became an "atheist" cathylick later in life) - here waxing about a 9-year old prepubescent female (need I say more?). Now we have the current pope trying to make nice with the mooselimbs - where their profit mohammhead (piss be upon him) had some similar interests.

Shirley Temple allegedly cheered up Great Depression era America presided over by the communist FDR. The only thing we have during the Obama Depression era America is the talentless slut-whore Miley Cyrus.