The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3 Experiments You Can Do At Home that PROVE THE EARTH IS FLAT! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427)

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-25-2010 04:06 AM

3 Experiments You Can Do At Home that PROVE THE EARTH IS FLAT!

We know the Earth is flat because the Bible tells us so. But for those of you skeptical, close-minded types that flat out refuse to accept the overwhelming Biblical evidence, I have designed some experiments you can do at home that will show you, before your very eyes, that the world is indeed flat, and not spherical as some crazy scientists proclaim. It's amazing how many people blindly believe in a spherical Earth, without ever having seen it for themselves! I intend to change that.

1) Jump!

Now, scientists claim that Earth is spherical and rotating at a speed of between 700-1000 miles per hour, depending on your latitude. This is a very high rate of speed. You can disprove this nonsense by simply jumping up as high as you can. Really, it's that simple. What happens when you jump? You come straight down to where you were. But, if the Earth were indeed spinning at such a fast speed, wouldn't you land hundreds of feet away?

If you were to stand in the flat bed of a truck going 75 mph, and jump straight up, what would happen? You wouldn't fall straight down. You would fall out of the truck. That's because trucks move, the Earth doesn't. This experiment proves the Earth is fixed in space and doesn't move.

2) Blow!
Since if the Earth is supposedly a sphere, it naturally comes to assume what would happen to people below the equator, like in Australia? Since they are underneath the sphere, wouldn't they fall off? This is where scientists come up with mumbo-jumbo like "gravity" and "centrifugal force" to explain away their theories. So, the scientists want you to think that because the earth is so much more massive than people or things, that people will naturally "stick" to the bottom of the earth because of gravity.

This can be disproved very simply. Get a balloon and inflate it as big as possible. It will be a spherical shape. Now, take a piece of paper and try to rip, tear, or cut the tiniest speck of paper possible. This paper represents a human being, much smaller in mass to the balloon, which represents the Earth. Now try and place the small piece of paper to the underside of the balloon. What happens? It falls off!

That's right. Even though the balloon is so much bigger in mass, it cannot hold the tiny paper. So if the Earth was a sphere, no one could live below the equator because they would fall off.

3) Get High!
Ok, this one you really can't do at home, but you can do it out in the world. Stand on the ground and look around you. What's the farthest you can see? Maybe it's a building, tree, or mountain. Now, find some place very close to it where you can get a much higher vantage point. (This also works if you're on a jet and about to take off.) Notice how in the higher place you can see much farther? You can see more of the world the higher you get. This shows the world is flat because the higher you go, the easier it is to see over obstacles. At the same time, it shows the world cannot be spherical. Because if the world was curved, the far distance would forever remain out of view because of the Earth's curvature. It would eternally be over the horizon.

If the Earth was a sphere, it would not matter how high you went, you would still see the same thing. Since this is not the case, the Earth is flat.

These experiments are all confirmed by creation scientists as being 100% accurate. If you're skeptical of the flat Earth, why don't you do these experiments so you can see truth with your own eyes.

Yours in Christ,

Rev. Jim Osborne

BelieverInGod 06-25-2010 05:28 AM

Re: 3 Experiments You Can Do At Home that PROVE THE EARTH IS FLAT

Thank you Brother,

I am always looking for got science experiments for my boys homeschooling.

Phebe Carlyle 06-25-2010 05:39 AM

Brother Jim,

You have just shown with such simple method why secular science is so wrong with their "theories" and why God is so right in his Truth!

I can vouch for the accuracy, especially of #2. I live in Australia and have for many years and I have yet to fall off!:thumbsup:

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow

Nobar King 06-25-2010 06:35 AM

The Earth has always seemed flat to me. Except for the Mountain parts.

Felicity 06-25-2010 06:38 AM

@Rev. Jim Osborne I tried all 3 experiments and they all work! True Christian™ science is so much fun! :)

Levi Jones 06-25-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. P Wintersnow (Post 546111)
Brother Jim,

You have just shown with such simple method why secular science is so wrong with their "theories" and why God is so right in his Truth!

I can vouch for the accuracy, especially of #2. I live in Australia and have for many years and I have yet to fall off!:thumbsup:

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow

Which would totally be true if the round earth theory were true.

You would be upside down. It would also be something like 4 p.m. over there meaning you knew the future. :haha:

We all know that's not true, right? Right? You don't really know who is going to win tomorrow, do you? :Jumpy:

Phebe Carlyle 06-25-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 546165)
Which would totally be true if the round earth theory were true.

You would be upside down. It would also be something like 4 p.m. over there meaning you knew the future. :haha:

We all know that's not true, right? Right? You don't really know who is going to win tomorrow, do you? :Jumpy:

No Brother it certainly is not any time tomorrow here let alone 4pm, because it is my today!:thumbsup::warning:-> Pm me as to the results. ;-D

And Gosh, we certainly don't go around walking nor dancing on ceilings like that negroe man Lionel Richie sings about.

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow:innocent:

Ambiance 06-25-2010 07:39 AM

I did the experiments and they are all true.

The world is indeed flat!

Ezekiel Bathfire 06-25-2010 08:39 AM

Water is another problem for round-earthers; If the world were round, even if there were gravity, it would all just flow to the bottom.

Dirk 06-25-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 546046)
We know the Earth is flat because the Bible tells us so. But for those of you skeptical, close-minded types that flat out refuse to accept the overwhelming Biblical evidence, I have designed some experiments you can do at home that will show you, before your very eyes, that the world is indeed flat, and not spherical as some crazy scientists proclaim.

1) Jump!

Now, scientists claim that Earth is spherical and rotating at a speed of between 700-1000 miles per hour, depending on your latitude. This is a very high rate of speed. You can disprove this nonsense by simply jumping up as high as you can. Really, it's that simple. What happens when you jump? You come straight down to where you were. But, if the Earth were indeed spinning at such a fast speed, wouldn't you land hundreds of feet away?

If you were to stand in the flat bed of a truck going 75 mph, and jump straight up, what would happen? You wouldn't fall straight down. You would fall out of the truck. That's because trucks move, the Earth doesn't. This experiment proves the Earth is fixed in space and doesn't move.

2) Blow!
Since if the Earth is supposedly a sphere, it naturally comes to assume what would happen to people below the equator, like in Australia? Since they are underneath the sphere, wouldn't they fall off? This is where scientists come up with mumbo-jumbo like "gravity" and "centrifugal force" to explain away their theories. So, the scientists want you to think that because the earth is so much more massive than people or things, that people will naturally "stick" to the bottom of the earth because of gravity.

This can be disproved very simply. Get a balloon and inflate it as big as possible. It will be a spherical shape. Now, take a piece of paper and try to rip, tear, or cut the tiniest speck of paper possible. This paper represents a human being, much smaller in mass to the balloon, which represents the Earth. Now try and place the small piece of paper to the underside of the balloon. What happens? It falls off!

That's right. Even though the balloon is so much bigger in mass, it cannot hold the tiny paper. So if the Earth was a sphere, no one could live below the equator because they would fall off.

3) Get High!
Ok, this one you really can't do at home, but you can do it out in the world. Stand on the ground and look around you. What's the farthest you can see? Maybe it's a building, tree, or mountain. Now, find some place very close to it where you can get a much higher vantage point. (This also works if you're on a jet and about to take off.) Notice how in the higher place you can see much farther? You can see more of the world the higher you get. This shows the world is flat because the higher you go, the easier it is to see over obstacles. At the same time, it shows the world cannot be spherical. Because if the world was curved, the far distance would forever remain out of view because of the Earth's curvature. It would eternally be over the horizon.

If the Earth was a sphere, it would not matter how high you went, you would still see the same thing. Since this is not the case, the Earth is flat.

These experiments are all confirmed by creation scientists as being 100% accurate. If you're skeptical of the flat Earth, why don't you do these experiments so you can see truth with your own eyes.

Yours in Christ,

Rev. Jim Osborne

Let's see science tackle these arguments!

WinnerNotSinner 06-25-2010 08:23 PM

I just tried experiment #1 by jumping as high as I could, and I didn't move an inch!

Isaiah 11:11-12
12And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

^ I didn't know Spheres had corners! Silly scientists, maybe they should re-learn their shapes.

True Disciple 06-25-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

2) Blow!

I actually tried this, Brother, but the speck of paper stuck on the bottom. I am a little confused now, could it be that it is because of "electrostatic force," which is something atheists babble about when something does anything that can't be explained by gravity, or is it Satan messing things up again?

Dirk 06-27-2010 02:14 PM

After performing all 3 tests it's safe to say that Rev. Jim Osborne is right.

Ofc. Don W. Richards 06-27-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Disciple (Post 546495)
I actually tried this, Brother, but the speck of paper stuck on the bottom. I am a little confused now, could it be that it is because of "electrostatic force," which is something atheists babble about when something does anything that can't be explained by gravity, or is it Satan messing things up again?

I had similar results with the paper. The Bible doesn't mention anything about static electricity, so I think it's safe to assume the devil is trying to confuse you.

We True Christians aren't confused so easily by paper sticking to balloons, yet it is so easy for scientists to be confused by their telescopes and carbon dating. It really shows you how dumb they are.

trog 06-27-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 546190)
Water is another problem for round-earthers; If the world were round, even if there were gravity, it would all just flow to the bottom.

This very basic and scientific fact is what finally convinced me that there is no god but My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I feel so fortunate that my eyes were opened before the atheist hordes descended on my fellow students, forcing them into the abominable "round Earth" theory.

Of course, the tip off is their use of of the word "theory". Gee, waffle on the answer much, science-ists?

Phebe Carlyle 06-27-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofc. Don W. Richards (Post 547551)

I had similar results with the paper. The Bible doesn't mention anything about static electricity, so I think it's safe to assume the devil is trying to confuse you.

Oh gosh I do have to direct you to scripture on this one, Brother.

Arc of The Covenant. The Book of Exodus and also Leviticus, Numbers and 1 Kings, just to name a few. God invented electricity after all so, he was sure going to talk about it!
:lol:

Quote:

We True Christians aren't confused so easily by paper sticking to balloons, yet it is so easy for scientists to be confused by their telescopes and carbon dating. It really shows you how dumb they are.
Amen Brother!! Satan is always testing us, but with the Lord ALWAYS in mind, we don't fall for such chicanery! I live in Australia (supposedly "down under":wacko:) and I am yet to fall off the Earth!!

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow

biza the godmocker 06-28-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

2) Blow!

Rev. Jim Osborne

No no no! The object which now is a ballon has to have a GREATER amount of mass. A ballon can't possibly suck things to it that are much smaller.
That would be same with mountains, stuff doesn't get sucked to them because they are smaller. The mountains are also not big enough for this.

True Disciple 06-28-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.Y.O.B (Post 547983)
No no no! The object which now is a ballon has to have a GREATER amount of mass. A ballon can't possibly suck things to it that are much smaller.
That would be same with mountains, stuff doesn't get sucked to them because they are smaller. The mountains are also not big enough for this.

What are you talking about? The silly theory of gravity, debunked here, teaches that objects attract each other, and heavier objects pull stronger than lighter objects. The balloon test proves that gravity therefore is a lie, as well as that the earth can't possibly be a globe.

biza the godmocker 06-28-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Disciple (Post 547986)
What are you talking about? The silly theory of gravity, debunked here, teaches that objects attract each other, and heavier objects pull stronger than lighter objects. The balloon test proves that gravity therefore is a lie, as well as that the earth can't possibly be a globe.

As i said the object with gravity that pulls everything too it has be much much MUCH bigger to even gain the power of gravity.

The moon for example is alot smaller and therefore has a lesser gravity pull which actually is not great at all even though it's pretty big.

True Disciple 06-28-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.Y.O.B (Post 547988)
As i said the object with gravity that pulls everything too it has be much much MUCH bigger to even gain the power of gravity.

The moon for example is alot smaller and therefore has a lesser gravity pull which actually is not great at all even though it's pretty big.

Typical gravitationist cop-out. Just make the objects that display gravity so big that you cannot possibly ever measure it.:thumbdown: