The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   What to do with gold? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=100461)

Marko Loimaan-Aho 07-12-2014 06:24 PM

What to do with gold?

My swedish great-uncle died and he has left a small gold bar to us, his finnish relatives. It is quite beautiful, all the writings and marks have melted away, there is only some kind of beautiful bird in the bar.

My great-uncle made obviously some good business in years 1930-1940, that is the time he got rich, but we knew nothing of the gold. It was in his safe.

I am planning to move to America in near future, but I am not sure if it is ok to have gold with me when travelling. Should I sell the bar here in Europe?

Attila's Wife 07-12-2014 06:28 PM

Re: What to do with gold?

I believe Brother Wide-Open is still on his outreach mission to Europe. If you can get the gold to him, I'm sure he will arrange for it to be delivered to Pastor Zeke for safekeeping.

Does that solve your problem?

YiC
AW
:jesus:

Marko Loimaan-Aho 07-12-2014 06:33 PM

That sounds quite reasonable. I am not used to carry such things with me and I can not imagine better place for it than Landover, most safe city in world.

Pastor Ezekiel 07-12-2014 11:43 PM

I'll have my plane pointed in that direction shortly. Meet me at the airport. B)

Marko Loimaan-Aho 07-14-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1100293)
I'll have my plane pointed in that direction shortly. Meet me at the airport. B)

I have now been in HEL airport (horrible name) 3 days, but I have some family duties, so I leave back to Bothnia region.
I left the bar in a package to a very helpful young lady, who is working in the airport cafe. There is Your name on the package, so it should be found easily, Helsinki airport is not that big.

Brother V 07-17-2014 06:30 PM

Sorry, I did notsee this thread before?

Is it german gold from that era?

YIC
V

Marko Loimaan-Aho 07-17-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 1101036)
Sorry, I did notsee this thread before?

YIC
V

Mmmh....I don't really know. The bird is very big and strong. Maybe my second cousins in Sweden do know, but it is quite difficult to understand their speech.

Attila's Wife 07-17-2014 07:33 PM

I think some of the German stuff ended up in those Swedish banks, didn't it? I remember something about the Gnomes of Zarikberg, or however you spell it. Most of it is in the Vatican, though, not in private hands.

The bird is probably an albatross.

Pastor Ezekiel 07-18-2014 04:22 AM

Got it. All is well. The gold is safely locked away where Obamma and the radical liberals can't touch it. :bye:

arthur frayn 07-18-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 1101036)

You have to be careful, a lot of 'gold' from that time came from teeth.

Des 07-22-2014 01:34 AM

A big strong bird can only mean one thing; a majestic American bald eagle. Your ancestor obviously got his hands on some fine American gold several decades ago. A wise and respectable man, obviously.

Nepgear 07-28-2014 10:37 PM

Why dont you exchange it for money and donate it for amazing Landove Baptist church? :jesus:

Marko Loimaan-Aho 07-30-2014 08:08 PM

:thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nepgear (Post 1102881)
Why dont you exchange it for money and donate it for amazing Landove Baptist church? :jesus:

The gold is already in a safe place in Landover. Pastor Ezekiel has taken care of it. No worries! :thumbsup:

Levi Jones 08-22-2014 04:21 AM

I was hoping this was a thread on how great of an investment gold is.

In this white line nightmare of unending economic upheaval, gold is never going to lose its value over the long term. And when paper money is revealed to be the worthless scrap it is, we are all going to want to have tiny amounts of shiny metal. Well, not the actual shiny metal, but futures purchased on fractional reserves of it.

It's fail safe, in this investor's opinion.

Zeke, you should sell fractional ownership of that gold bar. Like something that says we own a piece of it. A sort of promissory note that can be traded for other goods and services and it would be backed by the gold itself. Well, you would probably oversell it by a little bit, so not everyone could turn in their gold at once.
I know, we could put your picture on these promissory notes! You could sell them in denominations, depending on how much of the gold people buy. We could use a different photo of you for each of them.

That picture of you in Australia would look pretty good on the biggest denomination.

Marko Loimaan-Aho 08-22-2014 07:55 PM

Oh, that is so wonderful idea. I personally am ready to buy those promissory notes right away!!!

I mean - that all goes to GOD's work. All goes to Jesus :jesus: