The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is God Colorblind? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45395)

TruePath 06-24-2010 05:27 PM

Is God Colorblind?

If God wrote the Bible (which he certainly did not) was he color-blind or forgetful?

He seems to have the colors confused of the robe Jesus (piss be upon him) wore:

Matthew 27:28

28And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.

John 19:2

2And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe

Just so we are clear, THIS is scarlet and THIS is purple.

Well? Can anyone answer this? :D

Hank 06-24-2010 05:29 PM

Re: Is God Colorblind?

go to hell terrorist this is a Christian forum, who welcomed you here? :angry:

Cranky Old Man 06-24-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruePath (Post 545733)
Well? Can anyone answer this?

That Muslims have no taste and always wear exactly the same clothes doesn't mean everyone else does the same. Most people have different clothes in different colors.

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-25-2010 03:05 AM

I've been asked this question before by people seeking to trash the infallibility of the Bible. My apolegetic answer has always been: The robe was both colors. Half of it was purple and the other half scarlet. You also fail to mention that Mark as well mentions the robe being purple, so thus we have Mark and John saying it's purple, while Matthew says its scarlet.

Think of it as a "glass half-empty or glass half-full" kind of deal.

It makes sense that the robe would be both colors. The book of Revelation also mentions Babylon as having been decorated with purple and scarlet.

Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

BelieverInGod 06-25-2010 03:15 AM

So it was dark red, perhaps what we would call a maroon? BTW, if the colors are wrong it's not God that is color blind, it's either Matthew or John.

Dirk 06-25-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

If God wrote the Bible (which he certainly did not) was he color-blind or forgetful?

2And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe

I don't see the problem here.

Sister Pamela Thompson 06-26-2010 08:00 AM

It's so silly when Satan's little demons try to prove the Bible to be untrue! Don't they know that God will always win?

Obviously, the Romans put on Him a purple robe that was stained scarlet by His Holy Precious Blood! Just imagine it - He was pouring out his Blood (to cover YOUR filthy sins, mind you!) and there was so much of it that the ENTIRE ROBE was stained from purple to scarlet!

Phebe Carlyle 06-26-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

God most certainly is not colorblind and in fact he went to great lengths to discuss and even instruct the adorning of tents with beauty and color and decor.

Just read the Book of Esther and you will realize his passion and also panache for such things.

He also clearly liked colors in the red and purple color palates (again evident in Esther) and as you know, color strikes a different tone and highlight in certain times of day.

That is why I see no issue with it being written as a scarlet or purple robe as given the time of day, the same color could well take on a different hue.:thumbsup:

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow

Mrs. Rogers 06-26-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Pamela (Post 546726)
Obviously, the Romans put on Him a purple robe that was stained scarlet by His Holy Precious Blood! Just imagine it - He was pouring out his Blood (to cover YOUR filthy sins, mind you!) and there was so much of it that the ENTIRE ROBE was stained from purple to scarlet!

Amen! There is a deeper subtext to your post: the original purple of the robe was red-based rather than blue-based. The Romans, being vomitorium-dwelling homosexuals, would have preferred a red-based purple, as one can make pink from red, and pink is the favoured colour of all male homosexuals, no exceptions. And purple is, as we all know, the preferred colour of bulldaggers who play softball and/or soccer. Their team uniforms are testament to this.

However, the bright-red scarlet colour of Christ's blood was, by miracle of His Godliness, completely heterosexual. Glory!

Dirk 06-26-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Pamela (Post 546726)
It's so silly when Satan's little demons try to prove the Bible to be untrue! Don't they know that God will always win?

Amen sister!

Ezekiel Bathfire 06-26-2010 05:22 PM

God's male. Only a homer would worry about colors that way.

HSMason 07-03-2010 02:12 AM

God isn't colour blind. As a graphic artist, I happen to know a thing or two about colour.

Originally, the dye which was used to make purple clothes was called "Tyrian purple." (It was pretty expensive, what with being made from sea snail mucous and all.)

The shades that Tyrian purple dye weren't necessarily violet-purple goodness as people know it today... the "purple" applied to the name of the dye, really. Wikipedia actually does a pretty good job showing up why a cloak might easily be called both crimson and purple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrian_...mparison_chart

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-03-2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSMason (Post 550763)
As a graphic artist, I happen to know a thing or two about colour.

The graphic art profession is one notoriously filled with atheists, homers, and mentally warped hippy leftovers.

Samuel Coleridge 07-03-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSMason (Post 550763)
God isn't colour blind. As a graphic artist, I happen to know a thing or two about colour.

Originally, the dye which was used to make purple clothes was called "Tyrian purple." (It was pretty expensive, what with being made from sea snail mucous and all.)

The shades that Tyrian purple dye weren't necessarily violet-purple goodness as people know it today... the "purple" applied to the name of the dye, really. Wikipedia actually does a pretty good job showing up why a cloak might easily be called both crimson and purple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrian_...mparison_chart

I find that fascinating, though I doubt others will.

Thank you for the link. Graphic Art Designer.. dying breed unfortunately. I assume you do print publications?

skruven 07-07-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 545737)
go to hell terrorist this is a Christian forum, who welcomed you here? :angry:

Now... Why is he(or she) a terrorist? he/she told a normal question... I think you are the terrorist.

I thought christian where friendly, are you an exception?
Guys like you makes me sick, sitting and telling bullshit like "jesus is my friend and will always help me" and so on.. WHAT has he done the last 2000 years?

( plz stop give me waringns and bans or whatever you admins do i'm serius here)

yes i do belive in God but not the same way u guys do.

Phebe Carlyle 07-07-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skruven (Post 554019)
Now... Why is he(or she) a terrorist? he/she told a normal question... I think you are the terrorist.

I thought christian where friendly, are you an exception?
Guys like you makes me sick, sitting and telling bullshit like "jesus is my friend and will always help me" and so on.. WHAT has he done the last 2000 years?

( plz stop give me waringns and bans or whatever you admins do i'm serius here)

Please don't derail other threads with your unsaved trash opinions. If you want to ask questions relating to Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior, please ask them in the appropriate forum.:thumbsup:

THIS particular thread is about whether God is colorblind or not. (I don't think he is and I put up valid reason as to why).

So Mr skruven, unless you have something to say on THAT topic itself, please refrain from further posting on this thread.

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow.

Mark Christ 07-07-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skruven (Post 554019)

There is only one way to believe in god. As we True Christians™ here do.
Others are vile scum sucking heathens (you).

Repent evil sinner.

Yours in Christ.

Mark

TheBibleBanger 08-03-2010 02:25 AM

TruePath, when I read your opening sentence, I immediately felt sad. :(

Initially, I thought that the title of your thread indicated that your question might have been based on a true quest to gain understanding about a deeper aspect of God's Nature. Instead, it seems that you deliberately chose what ostensibly appears to be a 'contradiction' to goad and mock. :(

Suffice it to say, there are no mistakes in the Bible. The only mistakes are in humans' erroneous interpretation of His Word. God and His Word are absolutely infallible.

Brother V 08-03-2010 04:25 PM

Purple, with a scarlet lining.

Problem solved.

YIC
V

Indifferent 08-06-2010 05:34 PM

Dear Christians,

I come here to say I'm both proud of you all, and disappointed.

I'm proud of your dedication to God. But.

God does not teach us to hate other people, and to spite them for what they are. He teaches us to lead our lives righteously, and stay close to his word.

If someone comes on here, OBVIOUSLY trying to get a rise out of you, why would you sit here and give in to that? Calling someone a terrorist, a homosexual, bashing an entire ancient culture, all because someone was just being a jerk?

The people in here who simply stated that the robe could have been both, just like Rev. Jim Osborne who even went further and provided another verse, THOSE people are who we should all strive to be.

-Indifferent, but hopefully helpful.