The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Poetaster's Korner (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sometimes, I Go Moist (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=95575)

Naomi Ruth Lamb 12-29-2013 03:34 AM

Sometimes, I Go Moist

Although I want so much to please every man
By giving them the very best pie I can,
I hope the Lord forgives the times
When in my recipes and in my rhymes
I choose to add more moisture to my pan.

Sometimes, I go moist.

It doesn't mean I'm bad
My pie will make you glad
In fact it has made many folk rejoice.
What goes inside is pleasing,
I don't want to seem I'm teasing
But it makes me want to offer you a choice.

Slippery, like butter, as I mold it in my hands
Texture is important to most men.
So please, judge me not when my pie, steaming hot
Is still glistening with moisture when I bring it to your den

For sometimes, I go moist.

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-29-2013 03:48 AM

Re: Sometimes, I Go Moist

Lovely poem, Miss Naomi! You have brought a tear of joy to my eye. :thumbsup:

It is so nice to see a sweet young lady waxing rhapsodic about the importance of moisture and texture in presenting a tasty pie.

Quote:

1 Corinthians 10:31 (1611 King James Bible)

Whether therfore ye eat or drinke, or whatsoeuer ye doe, doe all to the glory of God.
I'm sure one piece of your warm moist pie would have me shouting GLORY to GOD! :shout:

Daisy Mae Johnson 12-29-2013 03:58 AM

What a beautiful poem Sister Lamb! It really makes me want to taste your moist pie!

Naomi Ruth Lamb 12-29-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 1051792)
What a beautiful poem Sister Lamb! It really makes me want to taste your moist pie!

Oh Daisy,

I could never match my pie against yours. I mean, you've won so many years in a row that I dare not even enter mine in competition with yours. How sweet of you to say, though.

Your Sister,
NRL

Faith_Machine 12-29-2013 04:52 AM

Indeed, I'm suddenly hungry for a heaping helping of pie. The sloppier, the better!

:drool:

IreneS 12-29-2013 05:01 AM

I lurrrrrrvvee moist pies.
Naomi, Do you think one day I may taste yours? Please? Then I could offer you my pie to taste. A pie tasting session!
The thought of it makes me all aquiver.

Naomi Ruth Lamb 12-29-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IreneS (Post 1051805)
I lurrrrrrvvee moist pies.
Naomi, Do you think one day I may taste yours? Please? Then I could offer you my pie to taste. A pie tasting session!
The thought of it makes me all aquiver.

Certainly, Irene. One question though:

Are you wearing appropriate gloves as you clean that floor? Mother is concerned that you may be picking up dangerous germs on your hands. A Christian lady is always mindful of such things, since what goes on your hands goes in your pie.

Yours in Caring and Sisterhood,
NRL

IreneS 12-29-2013 05:52 AM

Miss Lamb, of course! I always wear surgical gloves except when it comes to pies. My finger nails are kept very short - no telling of what germs can lurk beneath long finger nails, and I dutifully scrub my hands up to the elbows before handling any pies. You can never be careful enough when it comes to hygiene! Long fingernails belong to whores, and harbour all sorts of nasty germs.

Faith_Machine 12-29-2013 06:32 AM

Ladies, ladies, there is not need for wearing gloves, nor washing your hands. Germs can't hurt Christians.

IreneS 12-29-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith_Machine (Post 1051826)
Ladies, ladies, there is not need for wearing gloves, nor washing your hands. Germs can't hurt Christians.

But Faith Machine, doesn't that only apply to men?
Mark 7:15

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-29-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IreneS (Post 1051830)
But Faith Machine, doesn't that only apply to men?
Mark 7:15

It doesn't really make a difference if a woman gets sick or not, since God has set things up in such a way that they will all burn in Hell no matter what. Ephesians 5:22-24 states that a woman must serve two masters, while Luke 16:13 states quite clearly that this is impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Quote:

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Quote:

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Praise Him, for He is Holy!

Nobar King 12-29-2013 11:33 AM

It's nice but too many commas.

Thomas Taylor 12-29-2013 11:46 AM

Such a moving poem. It has put me in mind of a nice warm, moist pie this evening when I get home from work.

I only hope Mrs. Taylor comes up with the goods. If not I suppose the rod will not be spared.

Submissive wife 03-11-2014 03:56 AM

My HUSBAND loves it when I put bananas and cream in mine. :wub:

Faith_Machine 03-11-2014 04:42 AM

How many bananas do you normally put in it?

And where do you get your cream? I know a lady who gets her cream from this dairy co-op run by about five or six colored fellas? Their cream is really thick and delicious. I tell you, there have been times when I've really made a mess of my shirt licking all their cream out of her cream pies.

Sparkling 03-12-2014 07:40 AM

Unfortunately, in this godless European country I reside in, I haven't been able to eat any pies at all- moist or not. The closest thing that they have are just other assorted inferior pastries.

It's been forever since I've had an honest American apple pie :(

James Hutchins 03-12-2014 01:24 PM

There is almost nothing in this world (except Jesus) that I love to go down on more than a good, wet pie.:drool:
When a lady presents me with a hot fresh slice (the first is always the best, I've never been a fan of 'sloppy seconds') I just about loose control of myself with glory!:yahoo:

Basilissa 03-12-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkling (Post 1072481)
Unfortunately, in this godless European country I reside in, I haven't been able to eat any pies at all- moist or not. The closest thing that they have are just other assorted inferior pastries.

It's been forever since I've had an honest American apple pie :(

Hi sweetie, I don't know much about your baking skills, but you know, there is a reason for the saying "easy as pie..." and the reason is, it is very easy. :thumbsup:

Sparkling 03-12-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1072537)
Hi sweetie, I don't know much about your baking skills, but you know, there is a reason for the saying "easy as pie..." and the reason is, it is very easy. :thumbsup:

My baking skills are practically nonexistent, unfortunately.

When I marry I plan on leaving the baking to my (future) wife (whoever she turns out to be) but if I get unlucky and never meet the right person, I suppose that being able to bake pies could be a good skill to have ^^

Basilissa 03-12-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkling (Post 1072618)
My baking skills are practically nonexistent, unfortunately.

When I marry I plan on leaving the baking to my (future) wife (whoever she turns out to be) but if I get unlucky and never meet the right person, I suppose that being able to bake pies could be a good skill to have ^^

Oh, dear, I did not realize that I was speaking to a man, I apologize. Of course, as a man you are not required to know much about the inner workings of a pie. :giggle:

Definitely, you must sample the pie of any woman you are considering to be your future wife, before you get stuck with her for good! :)