The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Landover has ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CHILD ABUSE! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=12555)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-13-2008 10:30 PM

Landover has ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CHILD ABUSE!

Friends,

I am sorry it has come to this, but I must address a disturbing trend I have noticed in certain Christian communities.

Certain disturbing acts have occured. Mistakes have been made. It does not matter who in particular is guilty, by failing to prevent these incidents, we are ALL guilty.

I simply can't beat around the bushes any more, the issue I am talking about is child abuse.

There are two types of child abuse mentioned in the Bible:

1 - HATRED OF CHILDREN

The first form of child abuse is to hate your child, in particular by refusing to physically discipline them with the proper instrument:

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes - Proverbs 13:24

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him - Proverbs 22:15

Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Proverbs 23:13 (Any punishment short of killing them is good).

The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame. Proverbs 29:15

So we actually agree with people who say that spanking is child abuse - but only because spanking is too lenient, a rod, for example a walking stick or a golf club, is what Jesus wants you to use.

No Greater Joy Ministries explains the proper way to discipline your child:

How many licks?

There is no number that can be given. It would be better to administer more licks that are less forceful than to administer few licks that hurt severely. It is much more effective to administer chastisement or punishment in a slow thoughtful fashion. Our goal is to cause the child to voluntarily surrender his will. We want to impress upon him the severity of his disobedience. It takes time and thoughtfulness for the child to come to repentance. I have told a child I was going to give him 10 licks. I count out loud as I go. After about three licks, leaving him in his position, I would stop and remind him what this is all about. I would continue slowly, still counting, stop again and tell him that I know it hurts and I wish I didn’t have to do it but that it is for his own good. Then I would continue slowly. Pretending to forget the count, I would again stop at about eight and ask him the number. Have him subtract eight from ten, (a little homeschooling) and continue with the final two licks. Then I would have him stand in front of me and ask him why he got the spanking. If his answer showed that he was rebellious and defiant, he would get several more licks. Again he would be questioned as to his offense. If he showed total submission, we put it all behind us, but if he were still rebellious, we would continue until he gave over his will.

As you see, child-friendly punishments combine both physical and psychological pain.

2 - NEGLECT OF CHILDREN

The second form of child abuse is neglect of their birthright as True Christians. There is really no excuse for this. Why? Because parenting is so easy. You don't have to be there with them, you only have to hit them with a rod now and then, and buy them things. Let's take a look at what I mean:

In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble - Proverbs 15:6

Blessed is the man who fears the Lord .... Wealth and riches shall be in his house. - Psalm 112:1, 3

Whether it's a Paris Hilton Edition Bible or an automobile, as True Christian Americans, certain tokens of God's appreciation are their birthright. Yet, in certain communities - perhaps even our community - some parents have abused their children by ignoring this part of the Bible.

Here is a graphic example of child abuse which is shockingly similar to incidents that have occured right here, in Christ's own town. (WARNING: do not watch if you have a heart condition, or a tendency to have nightmares)

In short, you've basically inflicted estate taxes on them. (this is why we must prevent the Democrats from taxing inheritance: it will be like inflicting this abuse on every wealthy child in America.)

I know this has been painful for all of us, but this had to be brought out into the light. The sooner we solve the problem the sooner we can put all of this behind us.

Thank you and God Bless America.

EDIT: Thread derailment moved here

StreetPreacherLew 06-13-2008 10:50 PM

Re: Landover has ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CHILD ABUSE!

Thanks Brother. That was a truly disturbing example of a mother who hates her daughter with a passion.

Here's some more Bible verses for those of you too squeemish to love your kids the way the Lord Jesus intended:

Proverbs 19:18 Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.

Beating your child will save them from Hell!

Proverbs 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Praise Jesus. I find a 'rod' made of a 2x4 with a duct-tape handle works wonders. As the child grows older, (about age 3) drill some large holes in the paddle, to enhance the welts. Good parents beat hard and beat often. Glory to Him!

Rev. M. Rodimer 06-13-2008 10:53 PM

Imagine! Promising her any car she wanted, and then picking one out for her instead!

What sort of a mother breaks her promise to her child like that? :angry:

Pastor Ezekiel 06-14-2008 12:54 AM

Well that little brat has been spoiled rotten, isn't it obvious? What Godly parent would give their child a choice in such a matter? Allowing children to make choices leads to independent thinking, which leads to questioning God, which leads to communism, feminazism and homersexurality.

That little girl won't make a very good wife now. Her parents would be best off if they follow God's advice and just sell her.

If a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant ....--Ex.21:7

Roberta 06-14-2008 10:00 AM

I did not have sound so I am not certain what happened. I gather the mother bought her a ricer instead of a GTI or Mini-Cooper S and the girl was absolutely humiliated. I certainly would not be pleased with a birthday Toyota!

I guess if she was a JAP (joowish American princess) I would understand the rationale. The zionists still hold Hitler responsible for Pearl Harbor.

shadow's slut 06-15-2008 03:28 AM

Actually, the girl's mother bought her a Lexus, Roberta. I couldn't tell what model though.

VictoryOS 06-15-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock's Harlot (Post 200961)
Actually, the girl's mother bought her a Lexus, Roberta. I couldn't tell what model though.

Be nice to Roberta. How do you expect a woman to tell one car from another?

shadow's slut 06-15-2008 04:38 AM

I was simply sharing my knowledge. I know not every woman can tell cars like I can.

By the way, what is a 15 year old doing with a Lexus anyway? My first car was a 1992 Caviler! A spoiled girl like the one in the video does not deserve a luxury car like that to learn on!

Pastor Ezekiel 06-15-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock's Harlot (Post 200961)

Lexus is made by Toyota. I'm surprised you didn't know that, gook lover. :glare:

shadow's slut 06-15-2008 04:49 AM

I'm a woman and dumber than a box of rocks to boot, so of course I don't know that.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-19-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 200710)
Well that little brat has been spoiled rotten, isn't it obvious? What Godly parent would give their child a choice in such a matter? Allowing children to make choices leads to independent thinking, which leads to questioning God, which leads to communism, feminazism and homersexurality.

That little girl won't make a very good wife now. Her parents would be best off if they follow God's advice and just sell her.

If a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant ....--Ex.21:7

Zeke, I was just holding this particular woman-child as an example of the sort of thing that may or may not have occured, the mistakes that may or may not have been made.

Imagine the same thing happening to a boy. See how it's child abuse?

ExGay Alex 06-19-2008 05:07 AM

Yet sometimes the Devil intervenes and the child, weakened by his internal struggle with demon spirits, succumbs to the night air.

Read this shocking story about parents in North Carolina, who punished their recalcitrant and disobedient homosexual son and were ACTUALLY ARRESTED when he passed away.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3039098/

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 is crystal clear that repeatedly disobedient children are to be put death. I haven't read the indictment, but I doubt they are charging him with failure to take him to the elders of Greenville, N.C. to that the group could stone him together. God might frown on that procedural detail, but the punishment principle and the prerogative of the parent were definitely respected by these Christians.

WHEN, oh WHEN will Godly parents be allowed to follow Christ's teachings without interference from secular judges???

Nobar King 06-19-2008 05:11 AM

Parents should be careful and never take their kids camping, right?

ExGay Alex 06-19-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 202251)
Parents should be careful and never take their kids camping, right?

Not unless they want some joo prosecutor trumping up charges anytime a latent health problem crops up with completely unforeseeable results. After all, we had a dog that we tied up outside as soon as he wasn't cute anymore and he lived out there for years.

Plus you never know when the St. Patrick's is having boys camp nearby and Father Martin wonders by in the night. Remember in that movie Deliverance when they genuflected just before they, well, you know, [blanked] Ned Beatty in the [blank]. My apologies for this shameful image so early in the morning and I shall spend the rest of it in prayerful contemplation.

Roberta 06-19-2008 06:15 PM

Are you one of those people who thinks a Lexus is something other than a Toyota? Did you ever see "Analyze That"? It would probably be educational for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnXcc...eature=related

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow's slut (Post 200978)
I was simply sharing my knowledge. I know not every woman can tell cars like I can.

By the way, what is a 15 year old doing with a Lexus anyway? My first car was a 1992 Caviler! A spoiled girl like the one in the video does not deserve a luxury car like that to learn on!

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-10-2013 01:20 PM

Some tweets I got on Christmas, it hurt me so much it's taken me this long get over it enough to post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kids on twitter
“I’m not trying to be a brat but my mom didn’t get me one thing I asked for and she got me an iPad. I don’t need this thing #areyouthinking,” @Shannskii420.

“My parents are the worst mother [bleep-beep] parents in the world [bleep] you mom and dad for not getting me a Iphone. [bleep] you. FML. #Iphone,” @SeanMcmaster1.

“My mum got me a really ugly 1D pillow how cringey is that – molly,” @narry_is_perf.

“got a [bleep] TV I don’t even watch tv like really i wanted a [bleep-beep] iPad . but yet Jennifer gets a new laptop.! wtf [bleep] that!” @Zooniggah014.

“Woahh didn’t even get headphones with my iPad,” @pratty109.

“Just cried for like 2 hrs straight cause I didn’t get a car. #stubborn,” @vbellz_moriarty

A mere mortal 08-15-2013 05:01 AM

If you hit them with the rod and a arm falls off just tell them "it will grow back"

Pastor Ezekiel 08-15-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A mere mortal (Post 1021811)
If you hit them with the rod and a arm falls off just tell them "it will grow back"

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

Mary Etheldreda 08-15-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A mere mortal (Post 1021811)

Hello, friend, and welcome to our forums! I wouldn't be too hasty in promising a child that. You may not have noticed, but the LORD is very particular about healing amputees. It's not nice to give a child false hope.

:)