The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Favorite Bible Verse (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47592)

Jules Winnfield 08-04-2010 08:39 PM

Favorite Bible Verse

My personal favorite is Ezekiel 25:17

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides my the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Cthulhu 08-04-2010 08:42 PM

Re: Favorite Bible Verse

I may hate your species, but Pulp Fiction was a good movie.

Higgins 08-04-2010 09:39 PM

Little known fact: Quentin Tarentino made up that verse the actual Ezekial 25:17 says:

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Jules Winnfield 08-04-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins (Post 572029)
Little known fact: Quentin Tarentino made up that verse the actual Ezekial 25:17 says:

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Really? Interesting little note there!

Higgins 08-04-2010 09:57 PM

Also you may want to go introduce yourself in the introduction forums, people don't take it too kindly here when you post without introducing yourself first

landoverlover 08-05-2010 02:57 AM

You could actually be the negro in that picture. We need to know things like that. In your introduction, you might want to say something like "I'm using this picture for some strange reason but I'm not a negro." Unless you are that negro. I've never met a negro named "Jules." It sounds a bit uppity.

VibratingPickle 11-25-2010 09:12 AM

Hebrews 6:4–6
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

You can ask forgiveness when you first realize you have been screwing up. Then if you keep screwing up, I don't care how "saved" you think you are, you will be judged for every instance thereafter.

Take the Sin of Gluttony. Once you realize you are destroying your body, (Temple of the Holy Spirit) you begin digging your hole. Obviously if you think rationally, continue digging and the hole will get deeper!

Ignorance is bliss, the Eden experience. Enlightenment can be hell if you cannot follow through. My advice for the ignorant, don't worry about it!

Natas Susej 03-18-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu (Post 571956)
I may hate your species, but Pulp Fiction was a good movie.

True!!
...and Reservoir Dogs is decent too!!!

Alphonse Alban 03-21-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombified Mushroom (Post 715863)
Lastly i wrote that i like Moses VI and VII, you erased it, why...? Moses VI and VII are the parts of bible, nowadays they are called Black bible, not b'cose of what it sais, but originally the pages were black and text was white... it is just 2 parts removed from bible, like many many other things... Gospel of Thomas and Gospel of Judas exist too...

Further proof that God exists. He edited it to perfection known as KJV 1611. :symposion:

Glory!

Zombified Mushroom 03-21-2011 05:06 PM

not wroten by god btw, i said the gospels exist, i do not say they are true... are you believing winnie the pooh? those texts exist too...

Alphonse Alban 03-21-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombified Mushroom (Post 715879)
... are you believing winnie the pooh? those texts exist too...

First of all, start using proper American. It is very hard to make any sense out of your gibberish. I am not native speaker of American, but still at least I try to maintain some standard on how I write.

So you really want to ask does Winnie the Pooh books exist. Yes, they do. Do I believe in Winnie the Pooh? Yes, I know Winnie the Pooh is character in diabolical children's books.

Still, what does this has to do with Bible Verses? Get a a grip, Zionist.

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 03-21-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombified Mushroom (Post 715863)
Lastly i wrote that i like Moses VI and VII, you erased it, why...? Moses VI and VII are the parts of bible, nowadays they are called Black bible, not b'cose of what it sais, but originally the pages were black and text was white... it is just 2 parts removed from bible, like many many other things... Gospel of Thomas and Gospel of Judas exist too...

They were likely written in the 18th or 19th century and passed off as genuine books.

It's almost as bad as Gardner's wicca forgeries.

Zombified Mushroom 03-21-2011 06:25 PM

:offtopic:You didn't answer me 'bout Moses VI and VII...

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 11:14 AM

My Favourite:

2. Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.

Day Star/Morning Star (matter of translation) also known as Lucifer. :thumbsup:

The Vulgate (Latin) version of the Christian Bible used the word "lucifer" (with lower-case initial) twice to refer to the Morning Star: once in 2 Peter 1:19 to translate the Greek word Φωσφόρος (phōsphoros), a word, from φῶς (phōs) meaning "light" and φέρω (pherō̄) meaning "to carry", that has the same meaning of Light-Bringer that the Latin word has, and once in Isaiah 14:12 to translate the Hebrew word הילל (Hêlēl).[20] In the latter passage the title of "Morning Star" is given to the tyrannous Babylonian king, who the prophet says is destined to fall. This passage was later applied to the prince of the demons, and so the name "Lucifer" came to be used outside the Bible for the devil, and was popularized in works such as Dante Alighieri's Inferno and John Milton's Paradise Lost, but for English speakers the greatest influence has been its use in the King James Version of Isa 14:12 to translate the Hebrew word הילל, which more modern English versions render as "Morning Star" or "Day Star". A similar passage in Ezekiel 28:11–19 regarding the "king of Tyre" was also applied to the devil, contributing to the traditional picture of the fallen angel.

Alphonse Alban 03-22-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716208)
*copy paste lines from wikipedia*

I know Wikipedia is totally random source of information with hardly any filtering, so matter of copyright hardly applies here. Still, trying to use text written by someone else as your own thought is really low. At least mark source for the stuff you copy paste when you don't have anything to say yourself.

OK, let's take another quote from you precious Wikipedia "The Bible does not name the devil as Lucifer", from the very page you stole your last post.

See how convincing stolen quotes are taken out of context.

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 02:17 PM

Ya, copied from wikipedia, everything in there is not false.

Ya, I Know that the Lucifer was an Angel, who just loved God to much that he can bow before people, like god told him so. Banned from heaven.

True Disciple 03-22-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716258)
Ya, I Know that the Lucifer was an Angel, who just loved God to much that he can bow before people, like god told him so

That is nonsense. Lucifer didn't love God, that's just an excuse made up by some moonworshiping muslims in an attempt to downplay his depravity.:thumbdown:

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Disciple (Post 716301)
That is nonsense. Lucifer didn't love God, that's just an excuse made up by some moonworshiping muslims in an attempt to downplay his depravity.:thumbdown:

Isaiah 14:12

True Disciple 03-22-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716313)

...says only that Lucifer fell from Heaven. It didn't say that Lucifer loved God at any moment.:thumbdown:

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Disciple (Post 716301)

Muslims said that...? Prove it?