The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Attention Eco-Losers: Jesus DOES NOT APPROVE of Your Trying to Save His Planet! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97582)

Pastor Ed Lowman 03-09-2014 04:04 AM

Attention Eco-Losers: Jesus DOES NOT APPROVE of Your Trying to Save His Planet!

In a day when secularists and eco-pagans have brought environmentalist heresies to the forefront of modern thinking, Jesus' Disciples© are still found to be the ones holding out for The Truth(™).

Whereas many cities are more progressive in trying to promote recycling and energy conservation, others (in Texas, Arizona, Missouri, Alabama, and Mississippi, to name a few) are promoting Jesus the way they should be.

So let's get this nail in the coffin right from the word "go": Jesus was not an environmentalist at all and He doesn't approve of environmentalism one bit. Had He needed to, He would have driven a Suburban to Heaven. Below are five Biblically-backed reasons why God opposes "eco" anything...

#1) Because God Says The World is His, NOT Yours:
Psalm 24:1: A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
How would you like it if I came into your house and started rearranging your eight-track tapes or overhauling your car? How about if I plopped down on your living room couch without your permission and put my feet up on your coffee table? I bet you'd take interest, no?

Well, not being invited, you aren't coming into my place and messing up my entertainment center. Not without my permission, you won't!

Now take this analogy and apply it to God's world; God gave us this world as our inheritance (Genesis 1:26; Matthew 5:5; Psalm 2:8), but it's still His, just like our bodies are (I Corinthians 6:19). And while there is a lot of pollution out there, if God wants bottles and cans and toxins everywhere, then so be it. He could make it all just disappear if He wanted to. Ever thought of that, secularists?

#2) Because God's Word is Silent on the Subject, and Therefore, So Should We Be:
Colossians 3:17: And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
We've long been a Bible people, doing Bible things in Bible ways and calling things by Bible names. That means we can only operate by doing said things by the authority of God. We aren't going to change that now. So let's ask: What Bible verse or verses authorize us to "save" the planet?

That's right; there are none.

#3) Because God Says to Think Spiritually, not Carnally:
Matthew 6:25-34: 25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Taking thought for the future is sinful in and of itself. God cares more about us than anything in nature, which means worrying is futile. Yes, it is wrong to look out for our children and their children's generation since Jesus says He'll take care of us.

Note that Jesus even uses natural environmentalist language (about birds and lilies), meaning He takes care of it, too. Only a spiritual buffoon would continue worrying when such pure and powerful Words have been put there to give us comfort. The only thing that needs saving and is worth thinking on is your soul!

#4) Because God Says His Will Cannot Fail and Doubting it is a Crucial Lack of Faith:
Acts 5:34-39: 34Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space; 35And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men. 36For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought. 37After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed. 38And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: 39But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Isaiah 55:11: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
It is only the most arrogant people who have taken it upon themselves to save future generations of children from pollutions and toxins. These are faithless cretins who believe they can skate God's justice by setting regulations on how people discard types of trash, like batteries and chemicals, or how they can use technology to invent a weather machine to thwart God's tornado-based justice (Hosea 8:7). The faithful laugh at such endeavors.

It takes the utmost arrogance to believe that, without you, the world is doomed--and it takes the utmost ignorance to believe that, without God, the world will be just fine! As pointed out in the wise council of Gamaliel, whatever God does cannot be undone and whatever is not of God will fall apart. Only the most twisted of the egomaniacal faithless will dare to exalt themselves over God's Divine Providence, and when they do, God will not forget it.

#5) Because God is Going to Destroy this World Anyway:
2 Peter 3:10: 10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
When all is said and done, it doesn't matter what happens to endangered wildlife or how many toxins hit the waters because God is going to burn every single solitary thing to the ground someday. This is why Landover has an annual Anti-Environment Day where ten 351 Windsor engines are left running outside of the Landover East Family Life Center at 5,500 rpms with no exhaust systems for a 24-hour period, followed by prayerful candlelight vigil.

Yes, the most beautiful garden, the most serene meadow, the majestic roaming buffalo…it's all going to be toast when God comes back in righteous fury to set up His Marvelous Kingdom. It will be a bonfire like no other, when Jesus will burn this world to its pillars instantly and sinners for eternity (Matthew 25:31-46). It's going to be one glorious day for the righteous and one sad day for the unrighteous.

So gripe and complain all you want to, enviro-junkies. The Faithful(™) know the Truth© about Jesus. You say you are wanting "a better tomorrow"? Well, start by giving glory to God today!

Pastor Ed

Submissive wife 03-11-2014 04:24 AM

Re: Attention Eco-Losers: Jesus DOES NOT APPROVE of Your Trying to Save His Planet!

Pastor Ed,

What a brilliant and well constructed thesis, congratulations. I personally believe that when we try to save the planet what we are really doing is telling GOD that he is incapable of saving it himself, a grievous act of pride and arrogance. Shame on those ecodemons.

Jedediah 03-11-2014 05:43 AM

Re: Attention Eco-Losers: Jesus DOES NOT APPROVE of Your Trying to Save His Planet!

Praise and glory, hosana to the highest! God has promised a new earth anyways, so what's the point in keeping the oil fresh on this old clunker? We're steadily cruising toward God's Demolition Derby in these Last Days.

II Peter 3:13
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Prayer Warrior 03-11-2014 06:14 AM

I really love to see practical examples of how Jesus's message influences us in our everyday lives. For example, without Jesus, I might be concerned global warming along with trees and all this other nonsense, but thanks to Jesus's loving message, I realize there are far more important issues to worry about like whether or not I'm spending enough time getting down on my knees and speaking with the creator of the universe Himself through prayer, or memorizing hundreds of rules, such as when we can work, how we should work, how we should honor God, stoning disobedient children, stoning homosexuals, etc.

It is really excellent to see how religion has such a positive impact on our daily lives.

Mary Etheldreda 03-11-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ed Lowman (Post 1071786)

#3) Because God Says to Think Spiritually, not Carnally:
Matthew 6:25-34: 25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Taking thought for the future is sinful in and of itself. God cares more about us than anything in nature, which means worrying is futile. Yes, it is wrong to look out for our children and their children's generation since Jesus says He'll take care of us.

Note that Jesus even uses natural environmentalist language (about birds and lilies), meaning He takes care of it, too. Only a spiritual buffoon would continue worrying when such pure and powerful Words have been put there to give us comfort. The only thing that needs saving and is worth thinking on is your soul!

Oh Pastor! What a moving testimony about the Power and Sovereignty of the LORD Almighty!

\o/

I just have to tell you what happened when I incorporated your sermon to my usual approach to Unsaved Trash. My usual method is to offer a drink of water to those who look hot and thirsty, like men who work outside, women who look like they've put in two full shifts of work. Anyway, as they take their first drink of what looks like cool, refreshing water I ask them if they think they are going to Heaven. Most people think they are, and think all that's necessary is to be a "good" person. Interestingly, each person thinks a different thing when it comes to identifying what a "good" person is. So we talk about "good."

So yesterday I explained to this man that in a spiritual sense, the cool refreshing water is like us: Mostly good. Mostly enjoyable. But there's a hidden problem even he cannot detect. I shared with him the secret is in the water: It's not pure water. It's almost, but not 100% "good." It has some urine in it. Oh it's undetectable of course, they couldn't see it or smell it, and clearly they couldn't taste it, but it's there nevertheless.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...ing-lashes.gif

I shared the fact that the LORD thinks this about him with regard to his own Sin. It doesn't matter if he is mostly "good," that Sin makes him undesirable and disgusting to the LORD. Usually, by this time, my new friends are either holding back vomit, or have started to dribble down their chin, the horrified faces a testament to the power Sin has in something that is otherwise "good." Like the others, this man learned that just as he didn't want urine water in his mouth, God doesn't want him in Heaven. Why, God would rather vomit him out than to pretend the Sin isn't there. He's done it before and He'll do it again (Leviticus 20:22).

That's when this woman came along and started berating me for having Styrofoam. When this eco-terrorist started badgering me about the pollution myth, I introduce to her the fact that environmentalism has become a form of idolatry where the “rights” of an inanimate planet and its non-human creatures are held in higher esteem than God (Romans 1:25) and even man who is created in His image. The LORD does not want them to worship the earth as an idol. He is a Jealous God after all (Deuteronomy 5:9).

Your sermon then just rolled off my tongue! Oh were they impressed! I could tell because that's when Satan really stepped up his game.

By the grace of God, I was able to share with them the Good News that even as they are disgusted with drinking that water, God is disgusted with them. But Jesus came so that we could have this Sin removed! All that's necessary is to love, worship, and obey Jesus without ever having met Him, or even seen or heard Him, glimpsed a photograph, a letter He might have written, or even any corroborating evidence provided by any extrabiblical scrap of, well, anything. They simply need to apologize profusely for having been born to Sin and reveling in it ever since their conception (Psalm 51:5). They only need to persuade the LORD their faith is sincere so He can remove the curse He placed on Eve ever so long ago when she so rudely sought knowledge (Genesis 3:1-5).

By this time I had to yell to be heard over the rude comments made by the crowd that had been gathered. The man was having trouble hearing the Good News with the woman who was by this time yelling at me, and also the man was turning white as a ghost. I can't recall if he fainted or not, as the crowd gathered had become quite irate, such is the power of Satan in the minds of those who are not clothed in the armor of God (Ephesians 6:11-18). Alas, even employing a physical Holy Thump To The Head with my Bible did little to calm the mob. The last thing I remember is my husband dragging me to the car and driving away. The dentist thinks my tooth won't fall out, but I can't be sure if the blood and fat lip were from the angry mob or the loving correction from Mr. Etheldreda who gets terribly concerned to see his wife accosted so. In any case, I have the utmost faith in the power of the Word of God, and your sermon delivers it in a fool-proof way. I'm just sure one of those people who were throwing stones and garbage at me have stopped to consider what they'd heard and are on their way to walk the walk of the Faithful (Romans 10:17)!

Glory to God in the Highest!

Hallelujah and Amen!

Pastor Ed Lowman 03-16-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1072393)
Oh Pastor! What a moving testimony about the Power and Sovereignty of the LORD Almighty!

\o/

I just have to tell you what happened when I incorporated your sermon to my usual approach to Unsaved Trash. My usual method is to offer a drink of water to those who look hot and thirsty, like men who work outside, women who look like they've put in two full shifts of work. Anyway, as they take their first drink of what looks like cool, refreshing water I ask them if they think they are going to Heaven. Most people think they are, and think all that's necessary is to be a "good" person. Interestingly, each person thinks a different thing when it comes to identifying what a "good" person is. So we talk about "good."

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...ing-lashes.gif

I shared the fact that the LORD thinks this about him with regard to his own Sin. It doesn't matter if he is mostly "good," that Sin makes him undesirable and disgusting to the LORD. Usually, by this time, my new friends are either holding back vomit, or have started to dribble down their chin, the horrified faces a testament to the power Sin has in something that is otherwise "good." Like the others, this man learned that just as he didn't want urine water in his mouth, God doesn't want him in Heaven. Why, God would rather vomit him out than to pretend the Sin isn't there. He's done it before and He'll do it again (Leviticus 20:22).

That's when this woman came along and started berating me for having Styrofoam. When this eco-terrorist started badgering me about the pollution myth, I introduce to her the fact that environmentalism has become a form of idolatry where the “rights” of an inanimate planet and its non-human creatures are held in higher esteem than God (Romans 1:25) and even man who is created in His image. The LORD does not want them to worship the earth as an idol. He is a Jealous God after all (Deuteronomy 5:9).

Your sermon then just rolled off my tongue! Oh were they impressed! I could tell because that's when Satan really stepped up his game.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Hallelujah and Amen!

I so rejoice that I could help spread the Glad Tidings through you, my dear. Styrofoam is a gift of God like anything else, isn't it?

It is diligent souls like yours that make possible our anti-environmentalist laws throughout Freehold and Texas.

Let the nutty, Prius-driving eco-pagans squirm -- that means we're getting to them!