The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Favorite Bible Verse (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47592)

magnus allen 04-13-2016 06:42 PM

Re: Favorite Bible Verse

my favorite bible verse is Leviticus 15: 19-20

"When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean".

Basilissa 04-13-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnus allen (Post 1178394)
my favorite bible verse is Leviticus 15: 19-20

"When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean".

:hmmm: That's lovely, I suppose.... Although I do question why a self-proclaimed male would have such a vested interest in something that belongs in Auntie's Flow Prayer Shack for Women? :wacko:

magnus allen 04-26-2016 07:23 PM

My favorite bible verse is Psalms 31:24 - Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. I love this one as it shows the braver you are the more stronger you will be to defeat satan and his hellbound scum.

Jack32 11-29-2016 01:12 PM

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Romeo Rovagnati 11-30-2016 10:02 PM

My favorite bible verse is from the Book of Tobias

(Tobit 13:1-18)
[1] Aperiens autem Tobias senior os suum, benedixit Dominum, et dixit: Magnus es, Domine, in aeternum, et in omnia saecula regnum tuum: [2] quoniam tu flagellas, et salvas: deducis ad inferos, et reducis: et non est qui effugiat manum tuam. [3] Confitemini Domino, filii Israel, et in conspectu gentium laudate eum: [4] quoniam ideo dispersit vos inter gentes, quae ignorant eum, ut vos enarretis mirabilia ejus, et faciatis scire eos quia non est alius deus omnipotens praeter eum. [5] Ipse castigavit nos propter iniquitates nostras, et ipse salvabit nos propter misericordiam suam.
[6] Aspicite ergo quae fecit nobiscum, et cum timore et tremore confitemini illi: regemque saeculorum exaltate in operibus vestris. [7] Ego autem in terra captivitatis meae confitebor illi: quoniam ostendit majestatem suam in gentem peccatricem. [8] Convertimini itaque peccatores, et facite justitiam coram Deo, credentes quod faciat vobiscum misericordiam suam. [9] Ego autem, et anima mea in eo laetabimur. [10] Benedicite Dominum omnes electi ejus: agite dies laetitiae, et confitemini illi.
[11] Jerusalem civitas Dei, castigavit te Dominus in operibus manuum tuarum. [12] Confitere Domino in bonis tuis, et benedic Deum saeculorum: ut reaedificet in te tabernaculum suum, et revocet ad te omnes captivos, et gaudeas in omnia saecula saeculorum. [13] Luce splendida fulgebis: et omnes fines terrae adorabunt te. [14] Nationes ex longinquo ad te venient, et munera deferentes adorabunt in te Dominum, et terram tuam in sanctificationem habebunt: [15] nomen enim magnum invocabunt in te.
[16] Maledicti erunt qui contempserint te, et condemnati erunt omnes qui blasphemaverint te: benedictique erunt qui aedificaverint te. [17] Tu autem laetaberis in filiis tuis, quoniam omnes benedicentur, et congregabuntur ad Dominum. [18] Beati omnes qui diligunt te, et qui gaudent super pace tua. [19] Anima mea, benedic Dominum, quoniam liberavit Jerusalem civitatem suam a cunctis tribulationibus ejus Dominus Deus noster. [20] Beatus ero si fuerint reliquiae seminis mei ad videndam claritatem Jerusalem.
[21] Portae Jerusalem ex sapphiro et smaragdo aedificabuntur, et ex lapide pretioso omnis circuitus murorum ejus. [22] Ex lapide candido et mundo omnes plateae ejus sternentur: et per vicos ejus, Alleluja cantabitur. [23] Benedictus Dominus, qui exaltavit eam, et sit regnum ejus in saecula saeculorum super eam. Amen.

Brother Gonzalez 12-01-2016 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo Rovagnati (Post 1196579)

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL .

Raca sis venturus ad inferos

Basilissa 12-01-2016 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo Rovagnati (Post 1196579)

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Gonzalez (Post 1196593)
Raca sis venturus ad inferos

According to my linguistic expertise, Brother Gonzalez, the text above is in a very antiquated and rather obscure dialect of Spanish. It is from a perversion of the Holy Bible which is more commonly known as The Vulgar Bible (it really tells you about the "quality" of its contents!).

While I can read with relative ease Spanish documents dating back to the 16th century, the Spanish dialect which was spoken at the time when the Vulgar Bible was written (the 4th century) is much more obscure. However, I understand it well enough to tell you that this unholy book our Romeo here is referring to is not included in the One and Only True Bible™, which is the King James Version.

TriggeredFeminist 08-15-2017 08:05 AM

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man

Elmer G. White 08-15-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggeredFeminist (Post 1217752)
Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man

Dear Person,

You are interested in the Hávamál. A nice, magnificent collection of pagan poetry, alluring and seductive and ultimately at best useless and at worst harmful! What about the next verse?
Quote:

Deyr fé,
deyja frćndur,
deyr sjálfur iđ sama.
Ég veit einn,
ađ aldrei deyr;
dómur um dauđan hvern.
I do know that the word "dómur" has been translated variably as "glory" or even "reputation" but if we consider comparative Germanistics, the best option is "verdict". This is where the Vikings stopped. However, True Faith™ can go further.

We can tell you about the verdict, the Judgment!

Revelation 20:13-15
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Who cannot be found in the Book of Life? :huh:

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hávamál cannot Save you. Only Jesus can! No matter how regal and uplifting the Hávamál verses be, they can still only lead you to utter Destruction. Keeping this in mind you might visit our Special Forum here and tell more about the verses of the Bible that you find the most uplifting!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

WhoLikeChurch 11-07-2017 05:36 PM

Mine is John 1:1

Basilissa 01-31-2018 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoLikeChurch (Post 1223453)
Mine is John 1:1

The Gospel of John brings such a refreshingly different take on Jesus' life story comparing to the Synoptic Gospels, bringing us aspects of His personality and things that He did, that have been somehow omitted by the other Gospel writers. One of my favorite passages is John 2:1-11 - which shows that Jesus was not all business, but also knew how to party!
:cheers:

:russian::banana-drums::harp::bass::banana-dance2:

:banana_006::trippy::funkynana:

Now, while I can't convert water to wine, I have a bottle of Bartenura moscato that urgently needs opening! :giggle:

:drinks_wine:

JoshuaDavis 02-03-2018 08:24 PM

Leviticus 19:34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Didymus Much 02-03-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaDavis (Post 1227609)
Leviticus 19:34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Nice. Now maybe you can explain what it means to you and how you apply it in your daily life, in your introduction thread which you will post here soon.

adamtheman 03-13-2020 09:45 AM

Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Alvin Moss 03-13-2020 02:16 PM

Welcome Adam. I have taken the liberty of editing your favorite Bible verse due to the fact that it seems to have been taken from a false version of God's word. Please be advised that the King James Version of the Bible is the only correct, unchanged and accurate recitation of the word of God. I note that you joined the forum a year ago and only made your first post last night. I do hope you will not wait another year before fully joining us in fellowship and praise.

You may have failed to notice that we ask all newcomers to make a proper introduction in the convenient Introduction Forum, which should include what congregation you attend, how many are your sons, how you came to find Jesus and other tidbits which may be efficacious in helping us to know you.

We are looking forward to your testimony.

God Bless!
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamtheman (Post 1265575)
Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Alvin Moss 03-25-2020 02:36 AM

Friends, in these perilous times, it is the Bible that is our guide and the Lord is our rock and our mighty fortress. I was just reading the scriptures and when I opened my Bible it fell open upon Psalm 91, which I reread and I was refreshed and restored. I felt I should bring this to your attention, with special emphasis on Psalm 91:10: where it says: There shall be no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. The whole Psalm is about God's love and protection for Christians.

God is watching over His people, as always. We will be spared this plague, but all the unsaved wretches who deny the Lord are going to die and go to Hell.

bigmommavikki 04-20-2021 11:15 PM

My favorite verse is 1 John 1:9

Isabella White 04-21-2021 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmommavikki (Post 1283456)
My favorite verse is 1 John 1:9

Well, hello to you, dear Miss Vikki, and :welcome-flowers: to :landover-fancy:. I can't tell you how thrilled we are, to know that you have sought us in the very vast interwebs galaxy, which, quite frankly, confuses the living daylights out of me. I do hope that your time with us will bring you closer to the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy:.

Thank you so much for your first posting. I must mention that we prefer our newcomers to post a message to us at our cordial Introduction Forum; so, please, at your earliest convenience, kindly make your way there. The link to that forum is here:

https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Whilst there, we do have a few simple requests at the top of the page, and I am more than pleased to include them for you, here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

We look forward to getting to know you, Dear, here, at :forum-fancy:.

JuniEdith 05-06-2021 07:33 AM

Does the Bible contradicts itself?
Can God change His mind?
And the LORD changed his mind about the disaster that he planned to bring on his people Exodus 32:14

His attributes never change. God's will never changes. Psalm 33:11 says, “The counsel of the Lord stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations.” His Word is Timeless and His Promises are Everlasting!

Isabella White 05-06-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniEdith (Post 1284157)
Does the Bible contradicts itself?
Can God change His mind?
And the LORD changed his mind about the disaster that he planned to bring on his people Exodus 32:14

His attributes never change. God's will never changes. Psalm 33:11 says, “The counsel of the Lord stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations.” His Word is Timeless and His Promises are Everlasting!

Hello to you, dear Miss Edith: Thank you for your message. You are quite right, regarding how the :lord-fancy: never changes. And, what a blessed assurance this is!

Hebrews 13:8 ":jesus-fancy: :christ-fancy: the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

I must mention that we prefer our newcomers to :forum-fancy:, to post an introductory message, over at our friendly Introduction Forum. I wonder if I might trouble you to go there. The link to our forum is here:

https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Whilst there, kindly note the requests at the top of the page, which I shall also include here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

Thank you for your attention to this, and we look forward to getting to know you, here, at :landover-fancy:.