The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Favorite Bible Verse (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47592)

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 03-22-2011 05:15 PM

Re: Favorite Bible Verse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombified Mushroom (Post 715931)
:offtopic:You didn't answer me 'bout Moses VI and VII...

Yes I did. They were likely written in the 18th or 19th century and passed off as genuine ancient books.

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716208)
My Favourite:

2. Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.

Day Star/Morning Star (matter of translation) also known as Lucifer. :thumbsup:

The Vulgate (Latin) version of the Christian Bible used the word "lucifer" (with lower-case initial) twice to refer to the Morning Star: once in 2 Peter 1:19 to translate the Greek word Φωσφόρος (phōsphoros), a word, from φῶς (phōs) meaning "light" and φέρω (pherō̄) meaning "to carry", that has the same meaning of Light-Bringer that the Latin word has, and once in Isaiah 14:12 to translate the Hebrew word הילל (Hêlēl).[20] In the latter passage the title of "Morning Star" is given to the tyrannous Babylonian king, who the prophet says is destined to fall. This passage was later applied to the prince of the demons, and so the name "Lucifer" came to be used outside the Bible for the devil, and was popularized in works such as Dante Alighieri's Inferno and John Milton's Paradise Lost, but for English speakers the greatest influence has been its use in the King James Version of Isa 14:12 to translate the Hebrew word הילל, which more modern English versions render as "Morning Star" or "Day Star". A similar passage in Ezekiel 28:11–19 regarding the "king of Tyre" was also applied to the devil, contributing to the traditional picture of the fallen angel.

Infraction about Wikipedia text? ok, Do you infract others by postin some otherpedia links and things...?

Alphonse Alban 03-22-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716334)
Prove it?

What do you actually hope to gain here?

First you plagiarize some random stuff from Wikipedia. Then you try to prove Lucifer’s love with scripture part that says nothing about love. This is second time today when you mess up with love. Pun intended.

At least learn about the stuff before you come ranting about it. This is just embarrassing to watch.

Are you trying to make atheists look stupid?

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 03-22-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716338)
Infraction about Wikipedia text? ok, Do you infract others by postin some otherpedia links and things...?

I don't mind if you copy paste as long as you cite your source.

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 05:22 PM

I said nothing 'bout loving lucifer, exept reason for falling, you tried to deny that with nothing but your own word on some muslin mumbo jumbo with nothing to do with reality.

True Disciple 03-22-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716334)
Muslims said that...? Prove it?

Of course:

The Demonic Quran, 18:50:
And (remember) when We said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, and they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He was of the jinn, so he rebelled against his Lord's command. Will ye choose him and his seed for your protecting friends instead of Me, when they are an enemy unto you? Calamitous is the exchange for evil-doers.

The Demonic Quran, 15:25-37:

Lo! thy Lord will gather them together. Lo! He is Wise, Aware.
(25) Verily We created man of potter's clay of black mud altered, (26) And the jinn did We create aforetime of essential fire. (27) [And (remember) when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am creating a mortal out of potter's clay of black mud altered, (28) So, when I have made him and have breathed into him of My Spirit, do ye fall down, prostrating yourselves unto him. (29) So the angels fell prostrate, all of them together (30) Save Iblis. He refused to be among the prostrate. (31) He said: O Iblis! What aileth thee that thou art not among the prostrate? (32) He said: I am not going to prostrate myself unto a mortal whom Thou hast created out of potter's clay of black mud altered! (33)He said: Then go thou forth from hence, for verily thou art outcast. (34) And lo! the curse shall be upon thee till the Day of Judgment. (35) He said: My Lord! Reprieve me till the day when they are raised. (36) He said: Then lo! thou art of those reprieved (37)

The Demonic Quran, 38:73-76::

The angels fell down prostrate, every one, (73) Saving Iblis;
he was scornful and became one of the disbelievers. (74) He said: O Iblis! What hindereth thee from falling prostrate before that which I have created with both My hands? Art thou too proud or art thou of the high exalted? (75) He said: I am better than him. Thou createdst me of fire, whilst him Thou didst create of clay. (76)

Sufi muslims interpret this act of "Iblis," the muslim version of Satan, as an act of love. That's where the legend comes from. Read "Kitab al Tawasin" from Mansur Al-Hallaj if you don't believe me.:thumbdown:

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson (Post 716340)
I don't mind if you copy paste as long as you cite your source.

Sorry 'bout forgettin that... I got nothing to hide, and do not have to cover my C/P:s

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 03-22-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716343)
Sorry 'bout forgettin that... I got nothing to hide, and do not have to cover my C/P:s

Consider it a warning. I will reverse the infraction.

Alphonse Alban 03-22-2011 05:32 PM

Let's see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716258)
Lucifer was an Angel, who just loved God to much

Ok. Here you say Lusifer loved God too much. Then you back it up with this Isaiah 14:12 scripture part that says absolutely nothing about Lucifer loving God too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban (Post 716339)
Then you try to prove Lucifer’s love with scripture part that says nothing about love

See, this was my comment. On that you reply with;

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716341)
I said nothing 'bout loving lucifer, exept reason for falling

What?

I'll have to give it to you, you are very convincing on making atheists look stupid.

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 05:44 PM

Sorry, a bit hard to make sense when any of you do that neither...

Tell me then, why Lucifer were banned?

True Disciple 03-22-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716354)
Sorry, a bit hard to make sense when any of you do that neither...

Tell me then, why Lucifer were banned?

The Bible doesn't say, so we don't know. Period.:thumbdown:

Alphonse Alban 03-22-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716354)
Sorry, a bit hard to make sense when any of you do that neither.

You are welcome, as soon as you show me where I was somehow unclear about this matter.

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 05:51 PM

THE BOOK OF LUCIFER
THE ENLIGHTENMENT
The Roman god, Lucifer, was the bearer of light, the spirit of the air, the personification of
enlightenment. In Christian mythology he became synonymous with evil, which was only to have
been expected from a religion whose very existence is perpetuated by clouded definitions and
bogus values! It is time to set the record straight. False moralisms and occult inaccuracies must be
corrected. Entertaining as they might be, most stories and plays about Devil worship must be
recognized as the obsolete absurdities they are. It has been said "the truth will make men free".
The truth alone has never set anyone free. It is only DOUBT which will bring mental emancipation.
Without the wonderful element of doubt, the doorway through which truth passes would be
tightly shut, impervious to the most strenuous poundings of a thousand Lucifers. How
understandable that Holy Scripture should refer to the Infernal monarch as the "father of lies" - a
magnificent example of character inversion. If one is to believe this theological accusation that the
Devil represents falsehood, then it surely must be concurred that it was HE, NOT GOD, THAT
ESTABLISHED ALL SPIRITUAL RELIGIONS AND WHO WROTE ALL OF THE HOLY BIBLES! When one doubt is
followed by another, the bubble, grown large from long accumulated fallacies, threatens to burst.
For those who already doubt supposed truths, this book is revelation. Then Lucifer will have
risen. Now is the time for doubt! The bubble of falsehood is bursting and its sound is the roar of
the world!

Satanic Bible

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 05:56 PM

That could give me incraction, but I just wanted you see the beginning of the Book of Lucifer

Alphonse Alban 03-22-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716359)
*many original thoughts removed*

So now you are trying to be some goth, by copying pages LaVey wrote to screw money out of hippies. Wikipedia maybe copyright free, but you should be careful with those LaVey capitalists. They are more carefull with their pennies than joos.

King of Babylon 03-22-2011 06:01 PM

I promise to stay alive :D

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 03-22-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Babylon (Post 716359)
THE BOOK OF LUCIFER
THE ENLIGHTENMENT
The Roman god, Lucifer, was the bearer of light, the spirit of the air, the personification of

Stop right there. :stop:

Show me anywhere in any secular or religious Roman tome a god named lucifer.

Danishfather 03-28-2011 05:00 PM

Without a doubt the best verse in the bible is:

Genesis 3:24
After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

NS-aledo 07-14-2011 11:09 PM

god hates us all

Pastor Ezekiel 07-15-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NS-aledo (Post 774795)
god hates us all

No, only you. :angry:

(see my signature for details)