The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Favorite Bible Verse (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47592)

Nerddy 12-21-2012 02:24 PM

Re: Favorite Bible Verse

Hi, please explain this:

Luke 6: 35
"But love your enemies, do good to them"
Luke 14: 26
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

So I need to love my enemies and hate my family? Not being rude, it's what the bible said, the word of God. Care to explain this? God bless.

Yours in Christ

Didymus Much 12-22-2012 02:04 AM

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

No other verse quite captures the True Nature™ of God® as succinctly.

Allyson 12-22-2012 11:00 PM

My favorite bible verse would be Galatians 2:20 . I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
This wonderful excerpt reminds me I owe my life to Christ! :)

Nikki Fia 01-06-2013 11:08 PM

My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 1:5, and Exodus 20:13. It really just touches my heart when I know that at least Jesus understands killing babies is wrong. Abortion makes me so sad. I cry a lot about abortion. All those unborn babies that get sent to hell just because their mother was a whore. :thumbdown:

I also like Leviticus 18:22, because whenever I see a homer wearing there "LGBT" shirts, and rainbows I always want to say something to them, but then remember I need to be polite, but then I remember oh hey God hates Fags, and its my job to tell them that so they can go to heaven! This verse has helped me convert a homer once. A girl at my school was a lesbian, and I gave her a Bible, and told her about how she is going to hell if she doesn't change. She is now straight :D.

I also like Isaiah 45:7, because it shows me what God is capable of. It reminds me God is not a merciful fluffy bunny like the blasphemous false Christians claim he is, but we are supposed to be God-Fearing humans! I like this verse also, because I like to see people saying the devil will torture them in hell when in reality it really is God!

I have a lot of favorite Bible verses, but my number 1 favorite of all times is Ephesians 5:22-24. Ephesians 5:22-24 shows me that I am a woman, and I submit to my husband, and I am his property, and must do anything he says. I remind myself of this verse when my husband is yelling at me, or he is beating me as Proverbs 23:13-14 demands. I love all the verses in the Bible, but these are my favorite!

Shimei 03-04-2013 09:12 AM

I'm currently reading Jude. I'll be on this book all week. If anyone has any insights they'd like to share I'd appreciate you sharing.

Jude 1:4: For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

This has really hit home and when taken with the following verse, Jude 1:23:
snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

I'm suffering from shell shock at this moment. Looks like God is going to equip me for Spiritual Warfare!

Praise Him!!!

Basilissa 03-04-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimei (Post 983397)
I'm currently reading Jude. I'll be on this book all week. If anyone has any insights they'd like to share I'd appreciate you sharing.

Jude 1:4: For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

This has really hit home and when taken with the following verse, Jude 1:23:
snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

I'm suffering from shell shock at this moment. Looks like God is going to equip me for Spiritual Warfare!

Praise Him!!!

I don't want to disappoint you, but it looks like you are wasting your time reading wrong translation of the Bible :thumbdown:

Gospel of Truth 07-17-2013 03:36 PM

Gotta say, I love this from Pulp Fiction - "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Ezekiel 25:17 :thumbsup:

It's almost as if it was written for that scene in the movie. Epic!

Didymus Much 07-17-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gospel of Truth (Post 1015714)
Gotta say, I love this from Pulp Fiction...It's almost as if it was written for that scene in the movie...

Because it was. :facepalm:

Here's the real Ezekiel 25:17 "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

So what have we learned here today, children?

Gospel of Truth 07-17-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1015731)
Because it was. :facepalm:

Here's the real Ezekiel 25:17 "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

So what have we learned here today, children?

That Quentin Tarantino is not a pedant?

Didymus Much 07-17-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gospel of Truth (Post 1015739)
That Quentin Tarantino is not a pedant?

No, that Tarantino as been known to use "creative license" to "embellish" his stories, and that using him as a reference makes you look stupid.

Btw, pedant is not an insult around here. James 2:10

Gospel of Truth 07-18-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1015743)
No, that Tarantino as been known to use "creative license" to "embellish" his stories, and that using him as a reference makes you look stupid.

Hi.

You mean Tarantino makes stuff up? :(

toosinfultocare 09-01-2014 07:37 PM

(Ezek 21:32 KJV) Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

Who will not be remembered and why?

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

Who killed all these people-?

I found lots of who’s but no why-?

Where be the why’s-?

(Deu 10:18 KJV) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Who be the stranger-?

Palestinian perhaps-?

(:-

toosinfultocare 09-01-2014 07:56 PM

Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

(Luke 6:37-42; Romans 14:1-12)

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Didymus Much 09-01-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooldtocare (Post 1108492)
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged....

Someone didn't read the stickies they were explicitly told to. :glare:

The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)

toosinfultocare 09-02-2014 12:17 AM

Some have self-serving interpretations and then we have the KJV

There the term "stranger" is used 128 times...,,.,. in the KJV

Care to define the meaning of the term "stranger" according to your books interpretation-?

just asking (:-

Des 09-02-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooldtocare (Post 1108491)
(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Who be the stranger-?

Palestinian perhaps-?

God was very obviously talking to the Hebrew, and Moses in specific. If you had actually read the passage in context instead of cherry picking, you would have known that.

What is it with atheists, false Christians, and false religion followers that they are unable to read the most important book in the world in context?

toosinfultocare 09-02-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooldtocare (Post 1108492)
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

(Luke 6:37-42; Romans 14:1-12)

i 1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

i 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

i 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

i 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

i 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

The above words I cannot find in the KJV of the Bible. Then again many people played a hand in compiling/writing the Holy Bible, the KJV.

Never-the-less it is the intent that counts.

in my view the intent was clear enough in the Old & the New

.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,.in my view

There are other books that try to convey the same message. (:-

Didymus Much 09-02-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooldtocare (Post 1108555)
The above words I cannot find in the KJV of the Bible...

Maybe this will help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1108493)

nDrew777 09-04-2014 09:34 PM

One of my favorite scripture is: James 2,24

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

AHellboundKilljoy 03-24-2016 08:35 PM

My favorite Bible verse is Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.