The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52617)

Pastor Ezekiel 12-18-2014 04:06 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by manint71 (Post 1125367)
I'm not going to offend anyone here, but I'm just trying to stand up for the developers of my favorite game: I made a video response to this post that can be found here: I hate Jesus [WARNING FOR HORRIBLE ENGLISH]

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

manint71 12-18-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1125390)
You're American is actually very good.

YIC

Not sure if sarcasm or if you're actually serious...

Dr Laurence Niles 12-18-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manint71 (Post 1125535)
Not sure if sarcasm or if you're actually serious...

Despite your hatred for Jesus it is obvious that you are an educated young youth. Please don't throw away that potential by rejecting Jesus.

YIC

manint71 12-18-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1125536)
Despite your hatred for Jesus it is obvious that you are an educated young youth. Please don't throw away that potential by rejecting Jesus.

YIC

I don't hate Jesus, I think he existed but was not holy in any way, just a regular nice guy. I don't believe in God tho...

Didymus Much 12-18-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manint71 (Post 1125556)
I don't hate Jesus, I think he existed but was not holy in any way, just a regular nice guy. I don't believe in God tho...

And this entire forum only exists to educate people about what the Bible says about Jesus and God and eternal hellfire for those who don't believe something written down in scattered bits around the Middle East thousands of years ago by people who hadn't yet figured out how to make iron (even though their neighbours had), not for pointless musings about the specific shade of one's belly button lint on a Thursday morning.

The program, are you with it?

yeahidon'tcare 12-18-2014 11:45 PM

Not sure if troll or too close-minded to actually look at the details to understand something better...

Seriously? "Get behind me doctor" is a gay term? How about a command to keep your healer safe from the 3 snipers in the 30 feet ahead.

Then again, I'm just an outsider throwing bananas at you "saviour parents".

ExTankCrewman 12-24-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccermom69 (Post 1118846)
Those are phrases that are said as ways to keep the medic safe from dying. The game's creators are Christians themselves.

I'll talk in a clear way for you.

"Phrases that are said to keep the medic safe": Okay, so I have served in the military so I actually have experience, unlike you. No one and I am completely honest, that no one in the military shouts "Get behind me!" They say "Get back." or "Take Cover!".
The game's creator are Christians? I'm guessing the same Christians who think the Pope is the word of God? Only people who fell to the Catlicks' (Catholic, in case you do not know.) traps claim themselves as True Christians if they listen to the Pope, not Our Lord himself.

Faith_Machine 12-27-2014 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manint71 (Post 1125367)
I'm not going to offend anyone here, but I'm just trying to stand up for the developers of my favorite game: I made a video response to this post that can be found here: I hate Jesus [WARNING FOR HORRIBLE ENGLISH]

Well, friend, i can only speak for myself, but I tried playing TF2 a few times, and I kept dying within the first minute or so. Now does that seem fair to you? And some homo used in-game messaging to tell me he would look out for me if I agreed to be his "special" friend.

That's an awful lot of pressure to put on a guy.

samuelbrashears 12-28-2014 07:41 AM

I would like to start out by saying that originally, I thought this thread was a troll thread. That's how ridiculous you sound. I am a complete christian, and believe in God and worship him on a daily basis. I play TF2 regularly and have put enough play in to understand basically every feature of the game. I am younger than your son, and I am NEVER in fights. The game is very fun, contains cartoon violence, some explicit, although not very bad, language, and possible offensive language, usually said by the soldier (i.e. SCOTLAND IS NOT A REAL COUNTRY!). As for your statement on homosexuality, I don't even know where to start with you. "I love this doctor!" Aren't christians supposed to love everyone, with this clearly not even coming close to displaying any level of the most mild form of homosexuality. "Get behind me doctor!" This is purely and indication of common gameplay strategy of shielding the medic from hurt, as the medic is vulnerable. The game does have people on the mic or chat that will say well, anything, but if your son has not heard these "bad things" then he is not ready to experience what the world he lives in. At a very young age, I was introduced willingly by my parents to rated-R movies, such as terminator or R.E.D.. They told me not to say the things I heard, and to not behave like the characters did. AND I DIDNT. The game is not violent, offensive, or anti-christian. I am 13 years-old, and those of you who have not heard a bad word themselves may post the first angry reply (John 8:7. Look it up). The game is a cartoon competition between teams with comic violence. Give me a break.

Zechariah Smyth 12-28-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuelbrashears (Post 1127301)
tl:dr

Have you read the whole thread? You should read the whole thread. I'm sure your childish "concerns" have been answered numerous times.

:thumbsup:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Mary Etheldreda 12-28-2014 07:51 AM

Hi son, and welcome to our friendly forums!

Quote:

Aren't christians supposed to love everyone,

Well no, Christians aren't supposed to love everyone. From where did you get that idea?

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 12-28-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

At a very young age, I was introduced willingly by my parents to rated-R movies, such as terminator or R.E.D.

Then your parents should be ashamed of themselves. Movies are rated for a reason and any parent who deliberately exposes a child to unsuitable material is clearly unfit to be a parent.

Quote:

I am 13 years-old, and those of you who have not heard a bad word themselves may post the first angry reply (John 8:7. Look it up).

I see they didn't teach you any manners, either. "Look it up"? Patronizing little twonk.

TF2Veteran 12-28-2014 10:21 PM

I've clocked 1000 (one-thousand) hours on this game, almost an entire month. I can say with utmost certainty that everything you have said is complete rubbish.

The game does not encourage homosexuality, when the heavy says, "get behind me doctor" he means for the medic to hide behind him to avoid being shot, because he has compassion for other humans.

This game is rated M for mature, your child should not be playing it. The game does not need to be banned because you are incapable of checking the ratings of games your child plays.

Sums up my thoughts on your ignorant post

*** removed man-on-dog link ***

Zechariah Smyth 12-28-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF2Veteran (Post 1127376)
I've clocked 1000 (one-thousand) hours on this game, almost an entire month. I can say with utmost certainty that everything you have said is complete rubbish.

The game does not encourage homosexuality, when the heavy says, "get behind me doctor" he means for the medic to hide behind him to avoid being shot, because he has compassion for other humans.

This game is rated M for mature, your child should not be playing it. The game does not need to be banned because you are incapable of checking the ratings of games your child plays.

Sums up my thoughts on your ignorant post

*** removed man-on-dog link ***

tl:dr

Ummm....who are you? Are you aware that we have an Introduction Forum where you should make a thread of your own telling us about your walk with Jesus?

:huh:

In-Human 12-29-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 623377)
Oh dear, all that from a game? What on earth happened?

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you are never bothered by TF2 again.

Perhaps you might be more pleased to hear of another altogether different game, where players must use cunning and skill to escape an evil scientific facility controlled by a giant computer, by opening holes in walls:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/
B)

I can't help but feel a hint of sarcasm in your words ; then again, I do not speak english that well. But I must admit that I really like Portal and I find the idea of making a thread here about this game amazing.

Expecting impatiently Portal's review .

In-Human

Didymus Much 12-29-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In-Human (Post 1127545)
...Expecting impatiently Portal's review...

See, up at the top of the page? The little button that says "Search"? Gee, I wonder whatever could that be used for? :confused:

PORTAL 2: Promoting ANAL SEX and stealing credit cards!!!

In-Human 12-29-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1127549)
See, up at the top of the page? The little button that says "Search"? Gee, I wonder whatever could that be used for? :confused:

PORTAL 2: Promoting ANAL SEX and stealing credit cards!!!

Thank you !

Hola tanas 01-04-2015 10:48 PM

F2f is just fine and I have not found any profanity in it :o

Didymus Much 01-04-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hola tanas (Post 1128484)

Of course you haven't (you lack True Christian™ discernment), but personal experience isn't proof of anything.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-04-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hola tanas (Post 1128484)

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner: