The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My testimony (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=100755)

Steph Leia 07-30-2014 11:44 AM

My testimony

Hello everyone! This is my 200th post on this lovely forum, and I thought that to make it something special, instead of just trying to convince atheists of Him as I usually do, I would share with all of you my horrible choice when I was younger.

At around the age of fourteen, I decided to have autism. I think the problem was that I felt like the world should revolve around me, and not Him. I never committed the unforgivable sin, but I had a lot of other sins. I put my True Christian parents through a lot of sorrow, I am sure, as no amount of beating me. Proverbs 22:15. Would cause me to repent, and decide to stop having autism. I am sure they were very close to cutting me out of their lives at many points during this hard time for them Matthew 5:30 but luckily, my parents kept going, their love for me and for Him driving them to try and help me achieve a place in heaven. It took them around a year, until around two weeks before my fifteenth birthday, they locked me in my room with nothing but a KJV bible.

I read the bible, and as I read, I felt my previous faith in Him coming back to me. They unlocked my door after a few hours, but I sat still in my room, reading and reading; only coming out for a few minutes to eat. It took me a little over a week to finish, having not read His Word for so long, but once I finished, I felt so much better. I came outside of my room, and begged my parents for forgiveness for my sins, and they being true Christians, forgave me. Matthew 18:21-22. I then went back into my room and prayed for a few hours to Him, just begging him for forgiveness. Those are some of my clearest memories from a few years ago, as they remind me of the time I was in the dark, and the light embraced me.

In the years since I have tried my hardest to become a True Christian. Thank you all for reading this, and as true Christians, I will beg for your forgiveness as well.

Dr Laurence Niles 07-30-2014 12:08 PM

Re: My testimony

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph Leia (Post 1103152)
Hello everyone! This is my 200th post on this lovely forum, and I thought that to make it something special, instead of just trying to convince atheists of Him as I usually do, I would share with all of you my horrible choice when I was younger.

At around the age of fourteen, I decided to have autism. I think the problem was that I felt like the world should revolve around me, and not Him. I never committed the unforgivable sin, but I had a lot of other sins. I put my True Christian parents through a lot of sorrow, I am sure, as no amount of beating me. Proverbs 22:15. Would cause me to repent, and decide to stop having autism. I am sure they were very close to cutting me out of their lives at many points during this hard time for them Matthew 5:30 but luckily, my parents kept going, their love for me and for Him driving them to try and help me achieve a place in heaven. It took them around a year, until around two weeks before my fifteenth birthday, they locked me in my room with nothing but a KJV bible.

I read the bible, and as I read, I felt my previous faith in Him coming back to me. They unlocked my door after a few hours, but I sat still in my room, reading and reading; only coming out for a few minutes to eat. It took me a little over a week to finish, having not read His Word for so long, but once I finished, I felt so much better. I came outside of my room, and begged my parents for forgiveness for my sins, and they being true Christians, forgave me. Matthew 18:21-22. I then went back into my room and prayed for a few hours to Him, just begging him for forgiveness. Those are some of my clearest memories from a few years ago, as they remind me of the time I was in the dark, and the light embraced me.

In the years since I have tried my hardest to become a True Christian. Thank you all for reading this, and as true Christians, I will beg for your forgiveness as well.

A very touching post :thumbsup:

You have obviously worked very hard to get right with Christ and I think it is fair to say that deciding to quit the Autismality is very tough: it has even been said that it can often be as hard as quitting smoking!

Kudos to you for putting Jesus first and getting right with God.

YIC

Faith_Machine 08-09-2014 07:15 AM

Dear, you mustn't blame yourself for the autism. I take it you were vaccinated as a child, yes?

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 08-12-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph Leia (Post 1103152)

That is a beautiful testimony! Praise the Lord that you chose Christ and with His utterly beautiful, merciful help banished the demon from you.