The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Unicorns (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=12452)

Dribble 06-08-2008 11:50 AM

Unicorns

I believe I have located the proper forum to ask this.

Are unicorns real? I did not believe in them, but then I came across Numbers 23:22.

"God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn."

Those on this site have the most powerful faith I've encountered, so I hope you may provide me with an enlightening answer ^_^

Pastor Ezekiel 06-08-2008 12:16 PM

Re: Unicorns

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirjel (Post 198813)
I believe I have located the proper forum to ask this.

Are unicorns real? I did not believe in them, but then I came across Numbers 23:22.

"God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn."

Those on this site have the most powerful faith I've encountered, so I hope you may provide me with an enlightening answer ^_^

Next time try the search function. The pertinent thread is HERE.

It is customary for new sinners to make a thread of their own in the "introductions" section, that we might welcome you properly. We'd love to hear about your favorite Bible verses, and how you found Christ.

Also, new posters should take a look at THIS thread. :thumbsup:

Dribble 06-08-2008 12:24 PM

I apologize. I tried the search function, but it returned no results.

Perhaps I mispelled the word :(

I've already perused some of the n00bs thread, though I quickly became disinterested. "Blah blah blah serious business." The thread appears to me to be redundant, but I recognize that the world is full of sinners and the incompetent, so...

Anyway, off to the introductions page! (If I can find it... ;))

Deaner 06-08-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirjel (Post 198813)
Are unicorns real?

Of course unicorns are real; it says so right in the Bible. Not only are they real, but their very existence proves the lies and slander of evolutionists. If they're as smart as they claim they are; how come they've never found any unicorn bones?

Dribble 06-08-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaner (Post 198843)
how come they've never found any unicorn bones?

O.o

Holy ****. I never even thought about that. I'm learning so much here!

Ezekiel Bathfire 06-08-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirjel (Post 198844)
O.o

Holy ****. I never even thought about that. I'm learning so much here!

Isa:11:8: And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa:14:29: Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.
Isa59 :5: They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.
Jer:8:17: For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.

You'll be asking if cockatrices are real next! Huh! The ignorance of the Unsaved Trash!

Petal 06-12-2008 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 198896)
You'll be asking if cockatrices are real next! Huh! The ignorance of the Unsaved Trash!

of coarse they real, unsaved trash so silly ^_^ . lord God always send me a cokatrice whenever i forget to takes my meds sometimes he send me 2 cokatrices an a levithan :fie: an i try to prays them away :(

Billy Ram 01-15-2009 08:31 PM

Unicorns restored my faith in KJV.Ya see only the KJV mentions unicorns,and seeing as the bible says unicorns exist and the bible is true and only the KJV translates with unicorns, that means unicorns exist and the KJV is the only reliable translation. So you can take your NIV and your ESB and your HIV bibles and chuck em.Praise God.

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-15-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Ram (Post 283952)
Unicorns restored my faith in KJV.Ya see only the KJV mentions unicorns,and seeing as the bible says unicorns exist and the bible is true and only the KJV translates with unicorns, that means unicorns exist and the KJV is the only reliable translation. So you can take your NIV and your ESB and your HIV bibles and chuck em.Praise God.

I like your style sir!:thumbsup:

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-15-2009 10:37 PM

As do I. :thumbsup:

Pastor Billy-Reuben 01-16-2009 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Ram (Post 283952)

The Geneva 1599 and Webster's Bible also say "unicorn", and the YLT leaves the word untranslated as "reem", which is Hebrew for unicorn. Those three Bibles are much better than most, but they each have their own problems. I only trust the KJV.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

UnSavedSinceIwas12 01-18-2009 06:28 PM

I've read that part of the Bible that talks of Unicorns. My question is do they look like the figures my husbands buys for me, or are they different? I think they're beautiful (The ones I collect)

Pastor Al E Pistle 01-18-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavedSinceIwas12 (Post 284901)
I've read that part of the Bible that talks of Unicorns. My question is do they look like the figures my husbands buys for me, or are they different? I think they're beautiful (The ones I collect)

Stop posting in bold, please. It hurts my eyes. How shall we know what kind of figurines your husband buys for you that we may advise you?

UnSavedSinceIwas12 01-18-2009 06:42 PM

They look like little horses with a horn on its head right between its eyes.
Is this print better for your eyes Brother?

Pastor Al E Pistle 01-18-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavedSinceIwas12 (Post 284906)
They look like little horses with a horn on its head right between its eyes.
Is this print better for your eyes Brother?

The print is much better, thank you. Nope, those are not true depictions of Unicorns. Unicorns have super strength and must be huge!

Numbers 23:22 tells us just how strong they are!

23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

UnSavedSinceIwas12 01-18-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 284918)
The print is much better, thank you. Nope, those are not true depictions of Unicorns. Unicorns have super strength and must be huge!

Numbers 23:22 tells us just how strong they are!

23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

OK, I was unsure. Is it still alright for my husband to buy them for me? I mean I still love them and think they're cute?:D

Brother Temperance 01-18-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavedSinceIwas12 (Post 284996)
OK, I was unsure. Is it still alright for my husband to buy them for me? I mean I still love them and think they're cute?:D

Do you pray to them? Do you waste valuable time looking at them when you could be cooking, cleaning, or giving birth?

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-18-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavedSinceIwas12 (Post 284996)

The problem is with (a) the “cuteness” and (b) that it might be a graven image.
In the first case, the toy would be a misrepresentation of The Lord’s Creation:

Isa:34:7: And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

And in the second case, it is prohibited.

So if you get something non-graven that is dripping with blood, it’d probably be OK.

UnSavedSinceIwas12 01-19-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 284999)
Do you pray to them? Do you waste valuable time looking at them when you could be cooking, cleaning, or giving birth?

No, Absolutely not I know my place. Now I do make certain they're dusted everyday right along with my husband's weapons. Is that so wrong?
No, The weapons and Unicorns are not next to one another. They are in the same room though.

Emil Sledge 09-09-2009 06:34 AM

now pops always told us kids there was no sucha thing as unicorns and now here you say the bible say there are and i never seen one even in prison there was this one guy one time he got kinda shanked and had a spoon handl sticking out his forhead. hes ok now. hes another jesus lover like me and thats why hes ok now and hes gettin out in novembere and I hope he comes to davenport too or maybe free hold when we come to see youu all on the Grey hounde bus