The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Thrifty Christian Poll: Best Local Restaurant Value? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=40466)

H. Montague Worthington 04-08-2010 08:39 PM

Thrifty Christian Poll: Best Local Restaurant Value?

Which local gourmet dining establishment is the best value for the money?

Chimaera 04-09-2010 02:57 AM

Re: Thrifty Christian Poll: Best Local Restaurant Value?

I recommend investing in a Chinese eatery if there are any near you.

Brother Enoch 04-09-2010 03:37 AM

Sadly, none of those fine eateries are near me, but we do have a fantastic eating establishment just 10 miles away. Mother Gretta's Slop Hut.

No better slop anywhere. :)

:thumbsup:

Pastor Ezekiel 04-09-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimaera (Post 502497)
I recommend investing in a Chinese eatery if there are any near you.

Ethnic foods hotten up the blood. I recommend The Olive Garden. :thumbsup:

Oakland "Reb" Griner 04-09-2010 03:54 AM

Prime rib special (Sunday evenings) at Flemings are fun.

Try the Mac and cheese side dish, and/or the sauteed mushrooms, and either the chocolate lava cake or the creme brulee for desert.

The restaurant is in the Jordan Creek Mall area south west of Freehold. If you're near Omaha, their Flemings is in Regency Court.

Highly recommended.

If you are in Omaha for the Berkshire Hathaway convention, try Piccolos (south of downtown) for a good steak too. (Gorat's is fine, Warren Buffet's favorite, BTW, but they tend to be very busy during the convention).

As I recall, an anonymous donor drops a Berkshire Hathaway stock certificate (class A, of course) in the collection plate at Landover every spring, (and has been doing so since the 70s) so the church hierarchy could certainly send a delegation to the convention this year . . .

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-09-2010 08:33 PM

When last I visited Freehold, I had to choose between Professor McGillicuddy's and Phineas Phogg's. The fact that Mr. Phogg misspelled so many words was, frankly, a turnoff. Would he also add a "ph" to Jesus?

McGillicuddy's was perfectly delightful! Cafeteria style, no waiting, and plenty of dishes to choose from.

Bobby-Joe 04-09-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 502535)
Ethnic foods hotten up the blood. I recommend The Olive Garden. :thumbsup:

I agree with the pastor. When we TRUE Christians want good wholesome American food like Jesus would eat we go to the Olive Garden. We don't want some bizarrely named trash concocted by greasy foreigners from lands were the American flag never waved. If the Olive Garden is good enough for my savior, it is good enough for me.

Johny Joe Hold 04-10-2010 01:51 AM

There is much to be said for answering the question, "Where would Jesus eat?" The Olive Garden is certainly among the strong candidates.

I think there is something ethically worthy to the concept of simplicity. That is why I often choose the Hamberger Rendering Facility. It is simple because to cattle enter at one door and the hambergers go out another. I think of the humble life of Jesus that required simplicity. The Rendering Facility is in that spirit.

Nathan B. Forrest 04-12-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 503513)
There is much to be said for answering the question, "Where would Jesus eat?"

The Waffle House. :D