The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   1001 Errors in the Christian Bible (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=77271)

Pastor Rune Enoe 04-29-2012 08:49 PM

1001 Errors in the Christian Bible

I can't believe the constant aggravations and persecution we must suffer as True Christians™. There's a site titled 1001 Errors in the Christian Bible. Well, pot, kettle, black. There are only 736 errors listed, so the joke is really on the atheists. They want desperately to find fault with God's word, and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye (Matthew 7:3-4).

I browsed around around a little, and I don't suppose I have to tell you how disgusted I felt. Here's one I picked at random:

Mark 15: (KJV)
17 “And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head,”

Compare to Matthew 27: (KJV)
28 “And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.”

Joseph’s coat of many colors?
This is supposed to be a contradiction? Whether our Savior wore a scarlet or purple robe? As a Christian heterosexual male I will gladly confess that I have no idea how to tell purple from scarlet from mauve from violet from lavender or lilac (just as long as it isn't flaming atheist pink). Maybe the atheists will be pleased if we all just say it was a scarlet purple robe?

The rest of these "contradictions" are just as frivolous. I could easily take any ten of them and tear apart before breakfast.

Jack O'fagan 04-29-2012 09:49 PM

Re: 1001 Errors in the Christian Bible

And anyway this isn't a contradiction as far as I can see.
He could easily have had two robes on.

When Mark looked he just saw them putting a purple robe on Him.

When Mathew was recording the event maybe he looked up from his notepad when they were putting the scarlet robe on Him.

I can't see a contradiction. What I can see is TWO trustworthy eye witnesses to the persecution of Christ.

YIC

Jack

Ezekiel Bathfire 04-29-2012 10:07 PM

It is a well-known fact that Ancient Greek (which Jesus invented) had no word for the color blue. See Homer's "Wine-dark sea".

We know that the sea is not the color of fine American red wine. We known that the Greeks could not all have been colorblind.

It is clear then that the color of the Holy and Perfect Robe was some sort of color like red (wine) or Purple (dark red wine.)

Obvious when you think about it.

Brother_Percy 04-30-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack O'fagan (Post 878403)
And anyway this isn't a contradiction as far as I can see.
He could easily have had two robes on.

Either that, or possibly Mark or Matthew were color-blind?

I must admit, some wine colors can be purple AND red at the same time, or certainly look that way in certain lights. Have a look at THIS -

http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Spr...Purple-Red.gif

No doubt half of you will see red, while the other half will say it's purple or plum colored??

I can't believe atheists are being nit-picky over the color of his robes?? It's pathetic. :thumbdown:

Pastor Rune Enoe 04-30-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother_Percy (Post 878515)
I must admit, some wine colors can be purple AND red at the same time, or certainly look that way in certain lights.

God forbid you should ever say "wine colors" or "plum colored" to one of these Atheists. They'll probably just ask whether you mean red wine or white, golden plums or mirabelles.

I wish I could see these God-haters once they die and go to Hell. My guess is that while bending forward over a lava vent, they will have a long intelligent discussion about whether they are being molested by purple or scarlet demons. :lol:

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-30-2012 04:37 PM

Atheists, being all homosexuals, and thus interior decorators, always carry around their little color fan decks.

http://influencers.at/bloggery/wp-co...N_DECK_003.jpg

They will point out that "scarlet" means Pantone Scarlet 19-1760 (not Flame Scarlet, 18-1662, and not Scarlet Sage, 19-1559) and that "purple" means Amaranth Purple 19-3536, not . . . um . . . well, there are about 75 purples, and I'm not gonna list them all.

But it's definitely not "Beetroot Purple 18-2143", because that looks too much like Scarlet.

Practically identical, in fact.

Ezekiel Bathfire 06-06-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 878560)
Atheists, being all homosexuals, and thus interior decorators, always carry around their little color fan decks.

http://influencers.at/bloggery/wp-co...N_DECK_003.jpg

You've solved a mystery! Mrs Bathfire had an interior decorator round a few months back. He seemed quite respectable, although his voice was a little high and his clothes a little garish. I found he was unmarried and thought he would be a match for my youngest daughter. I introduced the subject by asking his opinion on

Ge:2:24: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

He went bright red and fanned himself with one of those things before stammering out that he was in a relationship and hoped some day to marry!

In this world there are 2 sorts of people who are unmarried, fornicators and abominations - I now know the truth! I will have the room disinfected.

Rev. M. Rodimer 06-08-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 893108)
In this world there are 3 sorts of people who are unmarried, fornicators, upstanding True Christian™ bachelors like Mark Rodimer and Ezekiel Flint, and abominations - I now know the truth! I will have the room disinfected.

:glare: Fixed that for you, Brother.

Bobby-Joe 06-08-2012 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back to the OP, most likely the Roman soldiers put Jesus in a plaid cloak.

Like this

Dawkinian 06-10-2012 08:46 AM

Ok, the KJV is about 400 years old. It was re written by shakespear's friends in England in 1611. In Psalms 46 you can study it as a cipher going down in groups of 14 and 31 which add to 46 (Shakespeare age at the time) and you can see that it clearly reads "I am Shake spear". The King James Version is a 400 year old bible.

Pim Pendergast 06-10-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawkinian (Post 894268)
Ok, the KJV is about 400 years old. It was re written by shakespear's friends in England in 1611. In Psalms 46 you can study it as a cipher going down in groups of 14 and 31 which add to 46 (Shakespeare age at the time) and you can see that it clearly reads "I am Shake spear". The King James Version is a 400 year old bible.

The 1611 KJV was not written by Shakespeare. The original texts were written by God's prophets and Apostles over a period of 1500 years, and long before Shakespeare was born. The KJV was translated from these scripts in 1611 by a company of scholars, making it the only true Bible in the English language.

WWJDnow 06-12-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

In Psalms 46 you can study it as a cipher going down in groups of 14 and 31 which add to 46

14 + 31 = 45.

Rev. Edward Clement 06-13-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Not only are you like your father, the devil, in that you are a major liar, your are also terrible a math.

John
8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The lies that you tell and your innability to be able to adequately add are evidence that you are a bastard child of the devil. No, you are not welcome in the congregation of the Lord.

Deuteronomy
23:2
A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

hellfire Republican 06-14-2012 06:22 PM

There have been several editions but no revisions in the bible. where are these errors?

MitzaLizalor 02-03-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellfire Republican (Post 895814)
There have been several editions but no revisions in the bible. where are these errors?

There aren't any errors. However if I translated a poem
"Betty Botter bought some butter,
"'But' said she 'this butter's bitter,'
"So she bought some better butter,
"better than the bitter butter
"Betty Botter bought."
as
"Betty Botter bought some butter,
"So she bought some better butter,
"Betty Botter bought."
or
"Grizelda Spruttocks bought a spokeshave,
"'But' said she 'this spokeshave's scarlet,'
"So she bought a purple spokeshave,
"Purpler than the scarlet spokeshave
"Betty Botter bought."
those are not real translations, just as all the false "bibles" are not genuine or complete translations either.

Recently another robe has been described in different ways.
Black perhaps, or gold or shiny.
They are all correct.

http://mitza.atpicdata.com/bIpat1p0m...JZSII_yw==.jpg http://mitza.atpicdata.com/btlGMtVxg...kpFuKaYw==.jpg

Ex-soccer player 02-03-2014 01:32 PM

I just browsed the site "1001 Errors in the Christian Bible" and the only error I found was in the title of the site where it says there are errors in the Bible. It's funny to see how the authors try to construe contradictions:

Quote:

Mark 16: (KJV)

1 “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.”

Compare to Matthew 28: (KJV)

1 “In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.”
They probably had a long way to go. They left the house in the end of the sabbath, then they had to do a foot march, and when they reached the grave the sabbath was past. It could also be that they visited the grave twice.

When I have dinner guests, I might ask them several things. I might ask "Do you need more sauce?", then, ten minutes later "Can I pour you some more wine?". Happily, I never invite atheist retards for dinner, they couldn't handle this situation because they think it's impossible to get more sauce AND more wine.

MitzaLizalor 02-03-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-soccer player (Post 1061566)
I just browsed the site "1001 Errors in the Christian Bible" and the only error I found was in the title of the site where it says there are errors in the Bible. It's funny to see how the authors try to construe contradictions:

They probably had a long way to go. They left the house in the end of the sabbath, then they had to do a foot march, and when they reached the grave the sabbath was past. It could also be that they visited the grave twice.

When I have dinner guests, I might ask them several things. I might ask "Do you need more sauce?", then, ten minutes later "Can I pour you some more wine?". Happily, I never invite atheist retards for dinner, they couldn't handle this situation because they think it's impossible to get more sauce AND more wine.

Is that on the list? It isn't even a contradiction. I wasn't sure about going to that site but might just have a quick look..

Ex-soccer player 02-03-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1061707)
Is that on the list? It isn't even a contradiction. I wasn't sure about going to that site but might just have a quick look..

http://1001errors.com/files/Err266-272.html

It's #267. Their comment:

“Mark” indicates that the Sabbath was over and it was already a new day. The Greek of “Matthew” indicates it was late in the Sabbath and the son had not yet risen. Christian commentators fumble with the difference here and the corresponding proper mistranslations. All you have to do though to get a logical explanation for the difference is drop your illogical assumption that “Matthew” is presenting history. Matthew copied from Mark but felt he could make an improvement in the story by showing the son was rising while the son was rising.

Atheists just have a very superficial and judgemental view on the Bible, they are guided by satan who makes them see contradictions where there are none.

MitzaLizalor 02-04-2014 12:53 AM

Right there on the first page: "..most excellent Porphyry" what a joke! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...aughing001.gif
So I looked up Luke 1:3 to see which heretical version they were using HERE and HERE.
Next I searched the eniire King James Bible for Porphyries. Nothing. The search result may be confirmed HERE.

I don't think I'll be reading very much of this stuff. Try this for an "error"

Quote:

Christians have added chapter designations to the Bible which were not used by the original authors.

So what? Many editions of The Bible are available without verse divisions, although chapters are usually indicated so that it's easy to look up a reference which is exactly and obviously why they were provided in the first place. This is so lame I can't even be bothered to think up a parallel example based on my sewing machine..

Quote:

John 1: (KJV)
1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

As we have seen
[no we haven't, the Greek text was not provided and it does not have the words in that order anyway -ML], a better translation for the ending is “the Word was a god.” The question is how is the author using “God/god” here, as a title or as an adjective? If as a title, then “God” could be capitalized. If as an adjective (divine) then “god” should not be capitalized. There is a Greek word for “divine” (adjective) which the author does not use here but the author never uses this word in the entire Gospel. Later in this Gospel there are several instances, such as John 10:33, where the context indicates that the author is likely using “god” as an adjective rather than a title, so it would appear that the adjective “divine” was not in the author’s vocabulary and that “God/god” should be translated as either title or adjective based on context. Based on the context here, the word could be a title (God) or adjective (divine) but every Christian translation I’ve seen uses the title “God” with no discussion.

So the argument here seems to be that the word the author would have used and in fact intended to use was not used because of a limited vocabulary. The correct word is therefore any word you like, just say that's what John intended but didn't write due to not knowing the word. This is good stuff right here. It can't get any better than this for entertainment value so I'll stop reading now.

Unfortunately the maniacs responsible for braying these "errors" are hellbound fools who, upon their arrival, will discover just how far manias can go in the fullness of time when they meet their true master. Satan. It doesn't get mania than that.

see_the_light 02-05-2014 01:45 AM

Those atheists can't understand that if GOD wanted only one POV there would be a single and complete account.

But GOD knows man is an imperfect sinning waste of space with a very limited ability to understand.

So there are "redundant" but "incoherent" parts that are just what GOD meant.

1) the ETERNAL TRUTH
2) in a form that will be fitter for some or others (without resorting to satanic interpretations)
3) all of them PERFECT and GOD GIVEN in their way

It is always the "wine" of GOD's UNDILUTED TRUTH

Esther 1:7

And they gave them drink in vessels of gold, (the vessels being diverse one from another,) and royal wine in abundance, according to the state of the king.

PRAISE THE LORD!