The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Riddle - Just for Fun (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=99335)

BaptistBethany 05-21-2014 08:13 PM

A Riddle - Just for Fun

A RIDDLE FOR SMART PEOPLE

Only 5% of Stanford University graduates figured it out!

Can you answer all seven of the following questions with the same word?

1. The word has seven letters....
2. Preceded God...
3. Greater than God...
4. More Evil than the devil...
5. All poor people have it...
6. Wealthy people need it....
7. If you eat it, you will eventually die.

What is it?

Mary Etheldreda 05-21-2014 09:00 PM

Re: A Riddle - Just for Fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaptistBethany (Post 1090251)
A RIDDLE FOR SMART PEOPLE

Only 5% of Stanford University graduates figured it out!

That's because people at Stanford University are liberal sodomites who care not for the Truth, but only for their next anal conquest. I can't believe they've created an entire university for the sole purpose of meeting gay partners, but I guess truth is stranger than fiction. They certainly need our prayers.

And yes, I figured out the riddle because I know and Love my Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing can keep me from Him. Nothing can distract me from obedience to Him. Nothing can convince me my beliefs are wrong! I love Him! I owe Him my very Life! I would gladly sacrifice my child's life if He but asked! He means more to me than Anything!

BaptistBethany 05-21-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1090260)
That's because people at Stanford University are liberal sodomites who care not for the Truth, but only for their next anal conquest. I can't believe they've created an entire university for the sole purpose of meeting gay partners, but I guess truth is stranger than fiction. They certainly need our prayers.

And yes, I figured out the riddle because I know and Love my Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing can keep me from Him. Nothing can distract me from obedience to Him. Nothing can convince me my beliefs are wrong! I love Him! I owe Him my very Life! I would gladly sacrifice my child's life if He but asked! He means more to me than Anything!

Dear Mary, Great that you figured it out! Someone e-mailed it to me, but I couldn't get it. After I saw the answer I felt so stupid.

Mother Of Seven 05-21-2014 09:22 PM

I offer nothing other than the same answer as Sister Mary.

BaptistBethany 05-22-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1090265)
I offer nothing other than the same answer as Sister Mary.

Good for you, Mother of Seven!!!

Mary Thompson 05-22-2014 06:24 AM

Ah, I have heard this one quite a while ago. Though it was from an atheist maniac so they said silly things in the riddle like "if you eat it you'll die" which is silly because I know God will protect me against anything!
I DO SO LOVE JESUS!!!:wub:

MitzaLizalor 05-22-2014 07:23 AM

Is anything more enigmatic than the Jewish obsession with sevens? The more they try to obligate God the more He rejects them. And as they enter their 7th millennium of dumped to be sure many are accepting The Truth at last and I count them my friends. What could be simpler than that?

Attila's Wife 05-22-2014 07:31 AM

It must have been quite a problem, finding all the graduates of Stanford University. I guess they just went through the McDonalds database of employee résumés?

Elmer G. White 05-22-2014 07:39 AM

Today my heart sings of joy because of these posts by True Christian™ WOMEN. Being a True Christian™ not only SAVES us, it also makes the by nature less capable women wise and knowing in the matters of faith, in the issue that matters the most.

2 Samuel 20:16 Then cried a wise woman out of the city, Hear, hear; say, I pray you, unto Joab, Come near hither, that I may speak with thee.

Praise the LORD:praise::jesus-fancy::christ-fancy:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer:bye:

MitzaLizalor 05-22-2014 09:14 AM

:unsure:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..er ..is that the answer to the riddle..?

Elmer G. White 05-22-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

:unsure:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..er ..is that the answer to the riddle..?

Yea, Sister! Your heart knows the answer.

It is written:
Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.

Proverbs 2:3-5
Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, [and] liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as [for] hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

You have the prudent and pure heart of a True Christian™. Verily, becoming one with :christ-fancy: our LORD.

PRAISE:jesus-fancy:!

Yours,

Elmer:bye:

BaptistBethany 05-22-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaptistBethany (Post 1090251)

1. The word has seven letters....
2. Preceded God...
3. Greater than God...
4. More Evil than the devil...
5. All poor people have it...
6. Wealthy people need it....
7. If you eat it, you will eventually die.

The answer is NOTHING.
Nothing has seven letters
Nothing preceded God
Nothing is greater than God
Nothing is more evil than the devil
All poor people have nothing
The wealthy people need nothing
If you eat nothing, you will die