The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Easter is About Jesus - Period! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   are cadbury creme eggs sinfull? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=61962)

It's Pink! 03-25-2011 12:01 AM

are cadbury creme eggs sinfull?

Okay hai everyone!! :) if u dont know who i am yet, Im PINK! v.v.v.v Christian! :innocent:

but i have a problem.

have you ever heard of cadbury creme eggs??? I absolutely love them! theyre soft, and delicious, really yummy. I have them every year. :wub:

but the other day my pastor was talking about Easter being about jesus (and i know that (i love u JESUS!!!) but I hadnt thought about it) so I realized that maybe eating the eggs isnt worshipping Jesus??

But i rly lyk them... ._.

so what do i do? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: i tried reading the bible but i m lost and cant decide.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-25-2011 12:37 AM

Re: are cadbury creme eggs sinfull?

Chocolate eggs just don't seem... right. Besides which, your pastor is right. Easter is about Jesus and His temporary sacrifice for YOUR eternal soul.
Now if you were to melt the eggs down and form them into a chocolate cross, I'm sure that would be okay.

Miss Cassandra 03-25-2011 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Pink! (Post 717698)
have you ever heard of cadbury creme eggs??? I absolutely love them! theyre soft, and delicious, really yummy. I have them every year. :wub:

but the other day my pastor was talking about Easter being about jesus (and i know that (i love u JESUS!!!) but I hadnt thought about it) so I realized that maybe eating the eggs isnt worshipping Jesus??

But i rly lyk them... ._.

so what do i do? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: i tried reading the bible but i m lost and cant decide.

I advise you to just go ahead and eat those eggs. Did you know that eating eggs at Easter (originally Eostre, the name of the Spring Goddess) is a way of celebrating the start of spring, and the bloom of life on earth? The tradition originated with us pagans, and the egg is considered a symbol of the yearly rebirth of Gaia, the Earth Goddess.:wub:

Have you ever thought of becoming a wiccan?:)
Our religion is much less repressive than Christianity, because we don't listen to some Holy Book, but to the Voices of the Wind, which are always open to free interpretation. A favorite quote of mine is one a Native American woman once told the famous herbalist Carol McGrath:

Quote:

If you take [a copy of] the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain.

It's Pink! 03-25-2011 08:39 AM

But mrs Whitford if u melt the eggs down the caramel center gets mushed up in d choclate!!!1 IDK how 2 make it a yummy cross!!!!! :( :crying:

N sorry cass but if i talk 2 u my dad will set me on fire :o :fear2: sorreeeeeee!!!!!!111

(i cant b a witch anywai im not a lezbean :D :laughing: :D LOL)

Jedediah 03-26-2011 06:07 AM

When you eat these... eggs... do you eat them of faith?

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

We must always put Christ first in all that we do.

Mrs. Rogers 03-26-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Cassandra (Post 717752)
I advise you to just go ahead and eat those eggs. Did you know that eating eggs at Easter (originally Eostre, the name of the Spring Goddess) is a way of celebrating the start of spring, and the bloom of life on earth? The tradition originated with us pagans, and the egg is considered a symbol of the yearly rebirth of Gaia, the Earth Goddess.:wub:

Filthy pagan tart! Dear wee Pink, do not listen to such depravity. All Cadbury workers are satanists, and I know for a FACT that they 'birth' the eggs via shovelling chocolate up their nether regions and then pushing out the chocolate into, well, eggy shapes. Or so my good friend Mrs. Morgan tells me. And she is not one for telling fibs. And THAT is all I have to contribute to this most sordid of matters.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-26-2011 06:39 AM

You're talking about taking an object the size and shape of a testicle, and then putting it in your mouth and/or swallowing the creamy white stuff from inside it....

What kind of depraved mind can even think of such things?

Cursed 03-26-2011 07:01 AM

As an accursed Mexican-French (etc., etc.,) mongrel bastard, I also have unusual tastes and hunger for monstrous foods that most True Christians would throw away.

Before I devour the taco or what have you clutched in my greasy fingers, I am always sure to fall on my knees and pray to the Lord God, to ask for His forgiveness for what I'm about to do.

I think what's key is to be sincere with THE LORD; to let Him know that you know that you are already worthy of a painful horrifying death, even if you don't eat anything gross! You must be willing to die for your transgressions, whatever they are!

Can you think of a better way to die, than to be smitten by THE LORD? I sure can't! I hope He sends a she-bear to eat my brains tonight, Amen!

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-26-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursed (Post 718224)
Can you think of a better way to die, than to be smitten by THE LORD? I sure can't! I hope He sends a she-bear to eat my brains tonight, Amen!

How would you feel about a zombie instead?

Not that I have any handy, of course. :innocent:

It's Pink! 03-26-2011 01:15 PM

can u guiz plz just agree on 1 thing??? :( :crying:

I can eat them wit faith if that makes it all good n pray 4 4giveness as well!!! ^_^ that make it ok? :) :D

SUV 03-26-2011 02:09 PM

Yes, when laid by the vile and deepraved "pantyCake bunny"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...%282003%29.jpg

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-26-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Pink! (Post 717817)
But mrs Whitford if u melt the eggs down the caramel center gets mushed up in d choclate!!!1 IDK how 2 make it a yummy cross!!!!! :( :crying:

N sorry cass but if i talk 2 u my dad will set me on fire :o :fear2: sorreeeeeee!!!!!!111

(i cant b a witch anywai im not a lezbean :D :laughing: :D LOL)

My dear, Jesus suffered on the cross to temporarily die for YOUR sins. Don't you think you could repay Him just a little by suffering through creating a less than perfect but thoroughly Godly chocolate cross by re-purposing the eggs and driving the evil out of them, thus thwarting the vile intentions of that ghastly Cadbury company?

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-26-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mary Whitford (Post 718320)
My dear, Jesus suffered on the cross to temporarily die for YOUR sins. Don't you think you could repay Him just a little by suffering through creating a less than perfect but thoroughly Godly chocolate cross by re-purposing the eggs and driving the evil out of them, thus thwarting the vile intentions of that ghastly Cadbury company?

Should she poke holes in each end and suck out the creamy filling first, Sister?

Otherwise I imagine the cross would be rather a gooey, sticky mess.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-26-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 718372)
Otherwise I imagine the cross would be rather a gooey, sticky mess.

That's part of the suffering, Reverend. :thumbsup:

forgotoole 04-13-2011 11:27 AM

Not sure if I'm in the completely right thread, but me and a few friends have just booked a camping spot in the country side down South for Good Friday, and leave on the bank holiday Monday. Is this wrong in any sense?
We're going to be having a regular weekend, obviously were all young adults so a lot of alcohol and the likes :D

No eggs will be eaten! As I hate chocolate :D A sin to some I'm sure!

Lost Sheep McUinnean 04-13-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgotoole (Post 731059)
Not sure if I'm in the completely right thread, but me and a few friends have just booked a camping spot in the country side down South for Good Friday, and leave on the bank holiday Monday. Is this wrong in any sense?
We're going to be having a regular weekend, obviously were all young adults so a lot of alcohol and the likes :D

No eggs will be eaten! As I hate chocolate :D A sin to some I'm sure!

Be sure. It's totally the wrong place. this thread is eggsactly the wrong place for that type of off-topic question.

You're welcome.

forgotoole 04-13-2011 11:50 AM

Welcome for what? your snotty attitude? it looks like your head is so far up 'the lords' arse hole you can't see a light!

ShoesThief 04-17-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Rogers (Post 718215)
Filthy pagan tart! Dear wee Pink, do not listen to such depravity. All Cadbury workers are satanists, and I know for a FACT that they 'birth' the eggs via shovelling chocolate up their nether regions and then pushing out the chocolate into, well, eggy shapes. Or so my good friend Mrs. Morgan tells me. And she is not one for telling fibs. And THAT is all I have to contribute to this most sordid of matters.

So your saying people over at cadbury shove the eggs and poop em back out? And how do you know each one of them is a satanist? I feel your source Morgan is kinda pulling wool over your eyes.....just saying

The Bright Beast 04-17-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoesThief (Post 734163)
So your saying people over at cadbury shove the eggs and poop em back out? And how do you know each one of them is a satanist? I feel your source Morgan is kinda pulling wool over your eyes.....just saying

When someone participates in such vile acts, it is clear they are a satanist.

ShoesThief 04-17-2011 08:50 PM

So if I were to make a chocolate egg from scratch with ingredients bought from a jewel, I would be a satanist? :o