The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Recommended True Christian™ Music (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=62)

Rosa Kettie Ceridwen 08-02-2013 05:53 AM

Re: Recommended True Christian™ Music

This man is so moved by the Spirit that he overwhelms the less-than-faithful so they can only call it "Terrible": [1 b : formidable in nature : awesome <a terrible responsibility>]...

It moves me terribly in its sheer Holy Ghost Power.

Levi Jones 08-02-2013 06:10 AM

Wow, that is amazing! Catchy too.

H.P. Lovecraft 08-02-2013 07:50 AM

From time to time, in order to better understand contemporary culture, I have turned on the radio. However, I always find it to be such a cavalcade of cacophonous nightmares that I quickly switch it off. I'm afraid that my oral sensitivities are not prepared for modern day rhythms, and beats. And I fear discovering what happens when the bass is finally dropped. But that all being said. I am absolutely intrigued by some of the evocative titles with which many bands style themselves. "The Grateful Dead." "Fine Young Cannibals." "Nine Inch Nails." Absolutely macabre and fascinating. Although, there is one group that so utterly feels me with dred, I barely dare to speak it aloud. Everytime I hear, I am filled with cadaverous rot, festering garbage, scintillating carapaces skittering about a lurker sinking beneath a half-sunken log. I am of course referring to. "The Beatles." Oh, I do not have the moral fortitude to play their songs through my phonograph.

Daisy Mae Johnson 09-23-2013 03:13 AM

Believe it or not Randy Travis used to be very GODLY and talented - and have the voice of angel -

Before his wife turned him into a mean drunk and with butt demons. :(

http://images.artistdirect.com/Image...andytravis.jpg

VictoryOS 09-23-2013 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm so excited I found this! Not because I like nigra music, of course. Because I plan to give it to my nut head nephew for Christmas. He likes that hip hop bee bop jungle boogie colored music, so he should like this. Plus all the songs are about Jesus, God and Salvation!

I hope he likes it. :thumbsup:

Alvin Moss 09-24-2013 02:03 AM

I favor the Doxology, myself.

Bjorn Jensen 04-09-2014 12:53 AM

Pastor Ezekiel 04-09-2014 03:21 AM

I prefer the Uncle Dave Macon version. My father (Pastor Lamentations Flint), used to sing this song sometimes while he was chasing one of our nigresses around the yard.

WWJDnow 04-09-2014 09:08 AM

I have it on good authority that this was going to be the theme song for COPS until the Jewish liberal media elite got squeamish.

WWJDnow 04-09-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 1029914)
Believe it or not Randy Travis used to be very GODLY and talented - and have the voice of an angel

It's true, the man had real talent. Who else would have thought to rhyme birth with Earth? That's just country music at it's finest.

However, given what the Bible tells us about angels, on the whole I'm happy not to be hanging out with them. Unpleasant things always seems to happen once angels get involved.

Pastor Ezekiel 08-26-2014 03:05 AM

Jim C. Lombardo 08-26-2014 11:49 AM

Here's Mike Patton and gang of Mondo Cane fame!

Pastor Ezekiel 10-05-2014 08:51 PM

Let's not forget the late, great Christian singer, Miss Kitty Wells. She was a good friend of my father's (Pastor Lamentations Flint) and a frequent houseguest in my youth. This was her favorite song.

HeadedtoHeaven(not) 10-12-2014 05:05 PM

I really enjoy african music, Muslim traditional music, and Norwegian death metal (my wife found that to be very soothing to listen to during her recent abortion.)

Zechariah Smyth 10-12-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadedtoHeaven (Post 1114263)
I really enjoy african music, Muslim traditional music, and Norwegian death metal (my wife found that to be very soothing to listen to during her recent abortion.)

How shocking.

:yawn:

XspazzboX 11-14-2014 04:16 AM

Mary Etheldreda 01-10-2015 11:31 PM

The :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: has reached His Divine Hand down into the pool of whale blubber amongst the eskimos and touched the heart of one woman.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, we are told (Psalm 100:1-2). Nothing about making a pleasing noise. If you can't hear the joy in her voice, your heart must be as cold as the tundra itself.

BeaconofTruth 01-16-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1114264)
How shocking.

:yawn:

Indeed. Those who love evil have a penchant for abominable things (Micah :2).

I think "Go Tell it on the Mountain" is one of the greatest songs ever written myself.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-29-2015 02:54 AM

I hope nobody forgets the late Janet Greene, truly one of our own.

Naomi Ruth Lamb 03-29-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosa Kettie Ceridwen (Post 1018809)
This man is so moved by the Spirit that he overwhelms the less-than-faithful so they can only call it "Terrible": [1 b : formidable in nature : awesome <a terrible responsibility>]...

It moves me terribly in its sheer Holy Ghost Power.

I think we should have this one piped in the sanctuary prior to each service. I have it looped in my prayer closet.