The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ListenUp: Yoga is not Christianity (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51540)

Johny Joe Hold 10-07-2010 12:48 PM

ListenUp: Yoga is not Christianity

Finally, someone has said it. Yoga is not Christianity. It has always bothered my the way I see Yoga referred to--all quiet and contemplative with prayer-like positions.

Don't fall for it. Now, the President of the Southern Baptists has finally come down off the fence to denouce the heathen practice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_753797.html

I rest my case.

MitzaLizalor 10-07-2010 12:59 PM

Re: ListenUp: Yoga is not Christianity

That was very interesting, Mr. Hold. I do not have a man available to undertake certain activities, and must do them myself. At present it involves a lot of chopping and digging. (And chainsaw maintenance!)

I also have to scrub and cook myself, and after all that I am re-furnishing and will shortly be taking delivery of a shipping container filled with furniture which I'll have to unload. That is quite enough exercise for me!

I would NEVER do yoga :fear2:

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-07-2010 01:32 PM

Even the cow-worshiping hindaloos admit that yoga cannot be separated from their particular brand of heathenism.

Dotheadistani "news" source — please fast and pray before clicking:

Quote:

There is no Christian Yoga

Modern day scholars from India frequently present the attitude of "let them have yoga, I am interested in protecting Hinduism." I have heard this sentiment on numerous occasions, but the reality is that yoga is a part of Hinduism. Allowing one part to be taken from Hinduism opens a door for the distortion of the teachings. We must remember that the roots to modern day yoga comes from Vedic Yoga. The same Vedic Yoga that is the authority of Hinduism. Allowing one branch to be severed from the tree of knowledge will not necessarily kill that tree, but it can produce strain and have an unbalancing effect upon the tree.

Hinduism should reclaim its full heritage and not allow other groups to rename its sacred teachings under their banner, especially when they have no history of those teaching within their own system. If they wish to 'borrow' and say this comes from our brothers and sisters in Hinduism, then that is another thing. But frequently groups attempt to privatize the information and present themselves as the original authority. Hinduism should guard against its sacred traditions becoming distorted and taken away.

Billy Bob Jenkins 10-07-2010 01:55 PM

Yoga is nothing but a form of sexual deviance practiced by dot-headed, hash-smoking sand monkeys. They have deliberately allowed this perversion to infect Western society in hopes of dragging white people down to Hell, pleasing their dark master Satan. It is amazing that the jigaboos of Africa have not adopted Yoga, as they will usually go for any sort of sexual deviance, being dark skinned, especially if it involves a white woman. Curse those dot-headed hen-doo-doos!

Lycia The Repentant 10-07-2010 03:06 PM

Thank Heaven there are still some sensible people in the world.

Even ignoring the fact that yoga is used by the hindoos for their deviant carnal practices, isn't the bible quite clear that we should not partake of the fruits of false religion?

"For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend." 1 Corinthians 8:10-13

Just as no True Christian™ would ever eat meat that had been sacrificed to pagan demons, no True Christian™ would ever indulge in these heathen practices, lest they lead those of weaker faith astray.

Brother Temperance 10-07-2010 03:48 PM

I knew there was something I didn't trust about that sassy, back-talking bear. :glare:

Nobar King 10-07-2010 04:16 PM

These are the messages that I leave in the free news boxes that advertise yoga and other evil arts.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...aissatanic.jpg

Bobby-Joe 10-07-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 612326)
I knew there was something I didn't trust about that sassy, back-talking bear. :glare:

Yes, I always suspected there was something terribly wrong about the Yoga Bear cartoons. The whole thing was shameless the way they showed Yoga Bear stealing picnicker baskets. What a thing to show a kid.

Face it, yoga is just Hindu for "let's have gay sex". All it is so the aggressive gay and do a hand stand an force the passive gay to orally service him by wrapping his lean and powerful thighs around the other man's head. Zeke has shown the Wednesday Circle of Brother's meetings some really shocking video about this.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 10-08-2010 11:44 PM

The persecution begins:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – A Southern Baptist leader who is calling for Christians to avoid yoga and its spiritual attachments is getting plenty of pushback from enthusiasts who defend the ancient practice.
Ancient? If it's so ancient, why did it not show up until hippies did? If it was ancient, Jesus would have done it (or more likely, directly condemned it).

I think it's absurd that new agers will go ahead and believe any nonsense just because it's "ancient". You hear them talking about how in "Atlantis people lived to be hundreds of years old and could build towers up to the heavens" - because they were ANCIENT! You'll never find any nonsense like that in Christianity.
Southern Baptist Seminary President Albert Mohler says the stretching and meditative discipline derived from Eastern religions is not a Christian pathway to God.
Mohler said he objects to "the idea that the body is a vehicle for reaching consciousness with the divine."
"That's just not Christianity," Mohler told The Associated Press
Christianity is not about deeds, it is about having the right thoughts, and good intentions, at least on your deathbed. Which do YOU think is better, a bunch of bending over backwards, or a good, solid deathbed confession?
Mohler argued in his online essay last month that Christians who practice yoga "must either deny the reality of what yoga represents or fail to see the contradictions between their Christian commitments and their embrace of yoga."
He said his view is "not an eccentric Christian position."
Other Christian leaders have said practicing yoga is incompatible with the teachings of Jesus. Pat Robertson has called the chanting and other spiritual components that go along with yoga "really spooky." California megachurch pastor John MacArthur called yoga a "false religion." Muslim clerics have banned Muslims from practicing yoga in Egypt, Malaysia and Indonesia, citing similar concerns.
See: the Muslims have already beaten us to banning Yoga. As anyone who has heard Newt Gingrich talk about the Manhattan Mosque knows, what Muslim theocracies do is what we should do.

Tubba Blubba 10-10-2010 02:00 PM

I think it is absurd that Yoga is accepted as anything but pagan worship and sexual deviance.

egan 05-02-2014 08:28 PM

yoga is not Christianity. The concept of yoga comes from Hinduism.

Pastor Ezekiel 05-03-2014 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egan (Post 1085753)
yoga is not Christianity. The concept of yoga comes from Hinduism.

Hinduism, which is a branch of satanism. :thumbdown:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 07-09-2015 12:15 PM

Where we lead, the world follows: City to ban Yoga for its occult nature:
When rumors began swirling that authorities in the central Russian city of Nizhnevartovsk intended to ban yoga, practitioners of the ancient Indian discipline thought it was a prank.

It soon turned out Nizhnevartovsk officials were dead serious.

Several yoga studios received letters from city authorities asking them to stop holding classes in municipal buildings in an effort to "prevent the spread of new religious cults and movements."

Private studios started to receive the warnings, too...

The yoga controversy started in late June, when a leaked letter from Nizhnevartovsk's department for social and youth affairs referring to the "occult" character of yoga appeared on the Internet.

The letter instructed the city's culture, sports, and education department to "take measures to stop the practice of yoga in municipal institutions."

It described yoga as "inseparably connected to religious practices" and called on city officials to curb the spread of practices "of a destructive religious nature."
If only there were an America Vladmir Putin. Why?

From Jesus-Is-Savior:
The Bible forbids us to have any dealings with the occultic New-Age Movement.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12, "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD..."

Witchcraft (divination): a means for extracting information or guidance from a pagan god.

When most people think of witchcraft, they think of worshipping the Devil. Howbeit, most people that worship the devil, do NOT worship him directly—They worship idols or other pagan gods. Did you know that behind every idol is a demon! Read the following Scripture:`

1st Corinthians 10:19-20, "What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils."

There is a real danger in playing with the occult. Charms, idols (statues), crystals, tarot cards, candles, potions, magic recipes, astrology, horoscopes, palm-readings, fortune-tellers, psychics, crystal-balls, spells, trinkets, etc.—There are demons behind all of these!!!
Before-it's_News.com:
Yoga is a very evil practice wrapped in a pretty package that takes you away from Jesus Christ and opens you up to Hindu demons.

The entire “New Age” movement was created by new world order satanists and is designed to take you to hell with satan.

Even lukewarm ("mainstream") Christians agree:
"Should Christians stay away from yoga because of its demonic roots?" asked megachurch pastor Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Washington state. "Totally. Yoga is demonic. If you just sign up for a little yoga class, you're signing up for a little demon class."

The former Vatican chief exorcist agreed. "Practicing yoga is Satanic, it leads to evil just like reading Harry Potter," Father Gabriele Amorth said in 2011. His objection: Yoga derives from Hinduism, a heathen religion that says there is reincarnation. Pope John Paul II in 1989 also warned against the dangers of yoga as a seduction of spiritual seekers that "can degenerate into a cult of the body."
GOP Candidate E.W. Jackson:
When one hears the word meditation, it conjures an image of Maharishi Yoga talking about finding a mantra and striving for nirvana. . . . The purpose of such meditation is to empty oneself. . . . [Satan] is happy to invade the empty vacuum of your soul and possess it. That is why people serve Satan without ever knowing it or deciding to, but no one can be a child of God without making a decision to surrender to him. Beware of systems of spirituality which tell you to empty yourself. You will end up filled with something you probably do not want.
Update: There is a risk of counterproductivity in brute force tactics like bannings, and talk of Lullulemon-wearing lesbian witch covens. An alternate approach is copy the tactics that feminists use to keep nerds in their place. I call them Christian Justice Warrior tactics:
I have been to several yoga classes. The last one I attended consisted of about thirty women, plus me (this was in Ireland; I don’t know if American yoga has a different gender balance).

We propose two different explanations for this obviously significant result.

First, these yoga classes are somehow driving men away. Maybe they say mean things about men (maybe without intending it! we’re not saying they’re intentionally misandrist!) or they talk about issues in a way exclusionary to male viewpoints. The yoga class should invite some men’s rights activists in to lecture the participants on what they can do to make men feel comfortable, and maybe spend some of every class discussing issues that matter deeply to men, like Truckasaurus.