The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Pokemon Teaches Your Children Worship Satan (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=84371)

Pastor Ezekiel 11-11-2012 04:55 AM

Pokemon Teaches Your Children Worship Satan

Even the Austrians know that the slant cartoon "Pokerman" brainwashes children into a life of depraved sin. :angry:

Redeemed Papist 11-11-2012 08:06 AM

Re: Pokemon Teaches Your Children Worship Satan

I've never been comfortable with the idea that kids should be taught that they can appeal to imaginary miniature demons to sort out their problems in life. What's wrong with a good, old fashioned prayer? Why teach your kids stuff that just ain't true so they need to be unlearned?

Arkbound 11-19-2012 03:00 PM

Pokemon at most encourages evolution, a theory yet to be proven, i neither deny or acknowledge a theory as truth. Teach your children the difference and that video games are not real, and should not govern poor decisions in a negative way. I grew up with Pokemon, it taught me to have a fun time playing the games. Thats about it. The show on the other hand, well I don't know about that, but they both seem relatively harmless in the eyes of someone who can distinguish reality from fiction.

James Hutchins 11-19-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkbound (Post 951231)
Pokemon at most encourages evolution, a theory yet to be proven, i neither deny or acknowledge a theory as truth. Teach your children the difference and that video games are not real, and should not govern poor decisions in a negative way. I grew up with Pokemon, it taught me to have a fun time playing the games. Thats about it. The show on the other hand, well I don't know about that, but they both seem relatively harmless in the eyes of someone who can distinguish reality from fiction.

Friend, russian roulette is a game too. Just because something is a game, does not mean it should be played. Kids play at sex too. Think of all the bastard children, doomed to hell along with the next ten generations of their loins. Still think it is just innocent fun? I bet you let your kids play with gasoline and matches too...sick, just plain sick!

Shimei 11-19-2012 10:13 PM

My daughter went through a spell liking Pokemon. The math on the back of the cards, I believe, is what put her two grade levels ahead in math. She's a human calculator adding and subtracting the points. The days though, of liking Pokemon have come to an end, and yet she still has carried herself through school with a mathematical advantage. Maybe I'm just putting credit where it does not belong, but the time spent using Pokemon for something productive has imo worked out for the best.

Deaner 11-19-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimei (Post 951437)
My daughter went through a spell liking Pokemon. The math on the back of the cards, I believe, is what put her two grade levels ahead in math. She's a human calculator adding and subtracting the points. The days though, of liking Pokemon have come to an end, and yet she still has carried herself through school with a mathematical advantage. Maybe I'm just putting credit where it does not belong, but the time spent using Pokemon for something productive has imo worked out for the best.

Enjoy hell with your daughter.

Shimei 11-19-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaner (Post 951438)
Enjoy hell with your daughter.

I would think that Joy, being an attribute of God would not be present in Hell? Through complete separation from all that is of God, we would be left utterly miserable there. Nobody will love or enjoy being eternally separated from Him.

VictoryOS 11-19-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

You're right. The credit shouldn't go to the Pokerman. It should go to Jesus. Although I'm a little skeptical about your story since girls usually aren't very good at math.

Shimei 11-19-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryOS (Post 951447)
You're right. The credit shouldn't go to the Pokerman. It should go to Jesus. Although I'm a little skeptical about your story since girls usually aren't very good at math.

You're right. Praise Jesus!

Have a blessed day VictoryOS.

Nobar King 11-20-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Thread: Pokemon: (aka Poke-a-man) still a threat to families
Your daughter could have learned math by counting her fingers. I can't believe that you're actually proud to have allowed pokemon into your home.

Shimei 11-20-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 951526)
Thread: Pokemon: (aka Poke-a-man) still a threat to families
Your daughter could have learned math by counting her fingers. I can't believe that you're actually proud to have allowed pokemon into your home.

No sir, not proud at all. This was actually before I became a committed Christian to our Lord Jesus. At the time though, I was oblivious to the little schemes the Devil uses. To me, they were just cards no different than baseball, just some batting averages and a stick of chewing gum in the cards. I'm just thankful that Jesus always is on guard and looking out for the little sheep. Damage control wise, things turnt out rather well with my daughter, and it looks as though she'll be off to a Christian college next year! Thank you Jesus!

Wuffles 02-11-2013 10:35 PM

are you gay? one of your "medals" is "In love with Zeke"

lord_kbrah 02-12-2013 05:55 AM

This is beyond a phaggot thread. grow up, they are just animations. why are all of you grown phaggot men so scared of cartoon real characters?

Mary Etheldreda 02-12-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wuffles (Post 977110)

Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another
Romans 12:10

You may be ashamed to follow Christ, dear, but we at Landover Baptist Church follow the Holy Scriptures to the letter.

:)

Pastor Ezekiel 02-13-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wuffles (Post 977110)

No, I am not interested in committing sodomy with you. :nonono:

SmiteTheAthiests 02-15-2013 03:33 AM

I was browsing through my tv channels one disturbing Saturday morning and I accidentally pressed on the wrong channel, but this blatant mockery of The Lord captivated me with demon magic. I watched two entire episodes. What I saw chilled me to the bone for weeks. I only was able to sleep about two hours a night, afraid that one of those demons would attack me. After hundreds of prayers and donations to the local church, the pastor told me that an angel would protect my house from these evil Pokedemons.
Pokemon is from hell because teaches kids that with demonic technology and a legion of six demonic minions will bring you fame and fortune. I was so scared when I saw the first little yellow fuzzy demon on the screen that I vacated my bowels instantly in my seat. The "show" progressed to a part where they address the evil theory of evolution. I could smell demons in the room with me as I watched the evolution in the show. After I managed to turn off the television by throwing a lamp into it I prayed for four hours straight and changed my pants afterwards. Praise Jesus.

Jabalí 02-21-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmiteTheAthiests (Post 978219)
I was browsing through my tv channels one disturbing Saturday morning and I accidentally pressed on the wrong channel, but this blatant mockery of The Lord captivated me with demon magic. I watched two entire episodes. What I saw chilled me to the bone for weeks. I only was able to sleep about two hours a night, afraid that one of those demons would attack me. After hundreds of prayers and donations to the local church, the pastor told me that an angel would protect my house from these evil Pokedemons.
Pokemon is from hell because teaches kids that with demonic technology and a legion of six demonic minions will bring you fame and fortune. I was so scared when I saw the first little yellow fuzzy demon on the screen that I vacated my bowels instantly in my seat. The "show" progressed to a part where they address the evil theory of evolution. I could smell demons in the room with me as I watched the evolution in the show. After I managed to turn off the television by throwing a lamp into it I prayed for four hours straight and changed my pants afterwards. Praise Jesus.

Little, yellow and fuzzy "demon"? Oh, are talking about this little one?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...9-895-1000.png

I completely agree with you, is really terrific :sarcasm:

SmiteTheAthiests 02-21-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabalí (Post 979949)
Little, yellow and fuzzy "demon"? Oh, are talking about this little one?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...9-895-1000.png

I completely agree with you, is really terrific :sarcasm:

I am glad to see that you agree that anyone involved with this show should be sent to hell too! How is Brazil?

Jabalí 02-21-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmiteTheAthiests (Post 980083)
I am glad to see that you agree that anyone involved with this show should be sent to hell too! How is Brazil?

I don't know, ask to a brazilian, I'm chilean

http://www.losmejoresdestinos.com/de...ones_chile.gif

A map of my beloved country :)

jonathonrumsey 02-22-2013 12:34 AM

Well the way i see it is that if pokemon were evil than god would have killed the man that made pokemon. God made the man that created pokemon so there for GOD HIMSELF MADE POKEMON. :sarcasm: