The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   WEDDING BELLS! - Christian Wedding Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Hitting Women is Neccessary (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=99321)

Miracle Hope 05-20-2014 08:07 PM

Hitting Women is Neccessary

Ephesians 5: 25-30
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

A Follower 05-20-2014 08:26 PM

Re: Hitting Women?

Of course we follow Ephesians 5: 25-30.

We do exactly to women as we would to our own bodies, we know how God tells us to handle evil and we will do as He requires.
Mark 9:43
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Proverbs 10:13
In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.

Proverbs 20:30
The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Proverbs 26:3
A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
And of course the combination of the following verses also shows us what Jesus expects from husbands.
1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

Luke 12:47-48
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Next time you want to correct a True Christian™, consider reading the entire Bible instead of googling a verse that seems (when seen out of context) to fit your opinion. We are Christians, we follow the God in all His commandments, not just the ones that liberals agree with.

Miracle Hope 05-20-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Follower (Post 1090071)
Of course we follow Ephesians 5: 25-30.

We do exactly to women as we would to our own bodies, we know how God tells us to handle evil and we will do as He requires.
Mark 9:43
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Proverbs 10:13
In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.

Proverbs 20:30
The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Proverbs 26:3
A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
And of course the combination of the following verses also shows us what Jesus expects from husbands.
1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

Luke 12:47-48
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Next time you want to correct a True Christian™, consider reading the entire Bible instead of googling a verse that seems (when seen out of context) to fit your opinion. We are Christians, we follow the God in all His commandments, not just the ones that liberals agree with.

But it says to nourish and cherish it. And no blemish. Wouldn't wounds be blemishes?

Basilissa 05-21-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090076)
But it says to nourish and cherish it. And no blemish. Wouldn't wounds be blemishes?

No.

Proverbs 20:30 The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Godfly 05-21-2014 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090067)
Ephesians 5: 25-30
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

I'm not sure you understand. Nobody here is advocating hitting a woman who doesn't deserve it.

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfly (Post 1090115)
I'm not sure you understand. Nobody here is advocating hitting a woman who doesn't deserve it.

Sometimes it sounds a little like she didn't do anything. But I guess it's just cause I'm a feeble minded woman.

Des 05-21-2014 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090125)
Sometimes it sounds a little like she didn't do anything. But I guess it's just cause I'm a feeble minded woman.

You seem to over-think things, Pumpkin. It's very unbecoming of a woman.

Mary Thompson 05-21-2014 09:13 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary

Hopefully your father/husband will beat some sense in you.

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Thompson (Post 1090171)
Hopefully your father/husband will beat some sense in you.

My husband doesn't beat me.

Mother Of Seven 05-21-2014 12:22 PM

That's your problem then.

Russell Holbeck 05-21-2014 01:02 PM

Hello Miracle Hope.

I have been reading your posts and I do not know if you are telling us everything however nobody wants to get punished but sometimes it is necessary. I had to wear an ankle monitor for a few weeks after my wife died and there were helicopters and it was in the newspaper but looking back I would have rather been beaten and be done with it.

Thank you.

Rusty

Thinks Design 05-21-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090182)
My husband doesn't beat me.

And neigther should he :(

Women are wonderful creatures, full of love and sensitivity. Women are equal to men and have more intuition and feeling in their little fingers that men have in a whole arm.

If your husband really does love you he will show his love by treating you equally.

You see the Designer made every one for a purpose. People are different but when you average it out people end up being equal.

Just look at the races the Designer made. People from Scandinavia are big and strong to be able to move through snow, black people can run very fast but are poor swimmers, the Japanese are smaller than normal people but are more cunning and know karate.

We are all different but the Designer made sure we are all good at something.

ThinksDesign

Mother Of Seven 05-21-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinks Design (Post 1090192)
If your husband really does love you he will show his love by treating you equally.

Wrong. If your husband really does love you, he will hit you to ensure you spend eternity in the embrace of Jesus.

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 04:09 PM

My husband doesn't beat me. A husband shouldn't beat his wife. He should DISCIPLINE her but not beat her. Beating is against secular law.

Marko Loimaan-Aho 05-21-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090212)
My husband doesn't beat me. A husband shouldn't beat his wife. He should DISCIPLINE her but not beat her. Beating is against secular law.

You were a virgin week ago (another thread in the introduction forum) - then you were raped and found a husband that way.

But he does not beat you?

:yawn:

Mary Etheldreda 05-21-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090212)

How do you know?

I don't mean that flippantly dear, but as a sincere question. How do you know how a husband should treat his wife. If you say the Holy Bible can be trusted to provide insight, then why do you ignore parts of it? If you say modern ethical arguments provide insight, then you cannot be a Christian and are against Christ (Luke 11:23). So... how do you know?

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marko Loimaan-Aho (Post 1090216)
You were a virgin week ago (another thread in the introduction forum) - then you were raped and found a husband that way.

But he does not beat you?

:yawn:

I'm not sure you're listening to me. I am a VIRGIN! I was never raped! I was just married. Okay? :facepalm: And because we only went to the courthouse and got married is that a sin? Or should I plan a wedding? :wub:

Basilissa 05-21-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090227)
I'm not sure you're listening to me. I am a VIRGIN! I was never raped! I was just married. Okay? :facepalm: And because we only went to the courthouse and got married is that a sin? Or should I plan a wedding? :wub:

You say that you're still a virgin after a week of marriage. Are you that ugly that he doesn't want to be with you? :o

Anyway, if he doesn't rise up to the occasion soon, so to speak, you have grounds to annul the marriage. :)

Or did you marry an inmate in a prison?

Attila's Wife 05-21-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1090228)
You say that you're still a virgin after a week of marriage. Are you that ugly that he doesn't want to be with you? :o

Anyway, if he doesn't rise up to the occasion soon, so to speak, you have grounds to annul the marriage. :)

Or did you marry an inmate in a prison?

That could well be the answer, Sister Basilissa. Maybe he was in the courthouse on his way to jail, i.e. on trial, and they got married while the jury was out?

Anyway, a "marriage" in a courthouse (even an imaginary one) does not count as a true marriage before God. :thumbdown:

YiC
AW
:jesus:

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 06:10 PM

Then I guess he'll have to re-ask my father. And I have to plan a wedding. Then I guess it's good we waited before trying to make Soldiers for Christ. I wanted to know but I didn't know who to ask. So I asked my husband if we could and he said it was okay.