The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Crimea Referendum Results (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97844)

Basilissa 03-17-2014 03:00 AM

Crimea Referendum Results

This just in:

90% of voters in Crimean referendum decided to join Russia. These are preliminary results, I would not be surprised if the final count reaches 110% or even 150% (a good Soviet tradition of udarniks). This surprising result (which obviously has nothing to do with Russian troops pointing their guns at everything that moves) brings back memories of commie times, when the one and only party would always have a surprising landslide victory.

Happy pro-Russian activists organized a celebration on the Lenin Square:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...c-620x372.jpeg

I can feel the fresh breeze of Cold War coming back!...

A Follower 03-17-2014 03:36 AM

Re: Crimea Referendum Results

The right to self-determination. They have it. When we tried it the north attacked us, just like Obama is posturing against the Russians now for letting the Ukrainians freely choose to be part of Russia.

James Hutchins 03-17-2014 07:09 PM

In related news, I hear Obama drew a line in the sand.

What was not clear is was it a line he will not cross or a line he wants others to cross. I'll never understand that jive ebonic nonsense.

Nobar King 03-17-2014 08:39 PM

I voted to give it back to Putin.

MitzaLizalor 04-26-2014 11:39 PM

Isn't there a Ukrainian Orthodox Church? Yes, there is. :link: Can these be considered Christian?

II TIMOTHY 4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
KJV

God knew that different sects would break away from The Truth as indeed many have. Catholics for example wordhip idols and even decomposing bits of toenail from what I've heard. Here are some excerpts from Easter messages:
Pope Francis [Romish heretic] urged Catholics to rediscover the roots of their faith in an Easter Mass at St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.
Patriarch Filaret [Ukrainian orthodox]said there has been aggression against "peace-loving" Ukraine, which "voluntarily gave up nuclear weapons."
Patriarch Kirill [Russian orthodox] said during Easter eve services in the Christ the Savior Cathedral that God should put "an end to the designs of those who want to destroy holy Russia."

Of course we know that the pope is beyond redemption because he declares the Holy Ghost to be a liar, the single example of idolatry being sufficient to demonstrate that. MARK 3:29 But what about Eastern orthodoxy more generally? Will God peradventure give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth? There seems to be a lack of meekness in instructing those that oppose themselves from where I'm sitting. Pastoral guidance in this matter would be welcome so that we may direct our prayers in accordance with God's Will.

II TIMOTHY 2
the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
KJV

Barry 04-27-2014 01:26 AM

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Putin, quite resonably, asked the Ukrainians to move their borders away from his troops.