The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Straight 4 Jesus! (Back Door Christians) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   ! ? MEXICO legalizes Gay Marriage ? ! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=33507)

Mistress Cookie 12-31-2009 08:57 PM

! ? MEXICO legalizes Gay Marriage ? !

I feared it had always been legal there, along with other crimes like the cultivation of marihuanna, etc.

Is this really new?

Quote:

MEXICO CITY ASSEMBLY LEGALIZES SAME-SEX MARRIAGE
Monday, December 21, 2009 4:56 PM EST

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico City lawmakers on Monday made the city the first in Latin America to legalize same-sex marriage, a change that will give homosexual couples more rights, including allowing them to adopt children.

The bill passed the capital's local assembly 39-20 to the cheers of supporters who yelled: "Yes, we could! Yes, we could!"

Leftist Mayor Marcelo Ebrard of the Democratic Revolution Party was widely expected to sign the measure into law.

Mexico City's left-led assembly has made several decisions unpopular elsewhere in this deeply Roman Catholic country, including legalizing abortion in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. That decision sparked a backlash, with the majority of Mexico's other 32 states enacting legislation declaring life begins at conception.

The conservative Nation Action Party of President Felipe Calderon has vowed to challenge the gay marriage law in the courts. However, homosexuality is increasingly accepted in Mexico, with gay couples openly holding hands in parts of the capital and the annual gay pride parade drawing tens of thousands.

The bill calls for changing the definition of marriage in the city's civil code. Marriage is currently defined as the union of a man and a woman. The new definition will be "the free uniting of two people."

The change would allow same-sex couples to adopt children, apply for bank loans together, inherit wealth and be included in the insurance policies of their spouse, rights they were denied under civil unions allowed in the city.

"We are so happy," said Temistocles Villanueva, a 23-year-old film student who celebrated by passionately kissing his boyfriend outside the city's assembly.

Only seven countries allow gay marriages: Canada, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands and Belgium. U.S. states that permit same-sex marriage are Iowa, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut and New Hampshire.

Argentina's capital became the first Latin American city to legalize same-sex civil unions in 2002 for gay and lesbian couples. Four other Argentine cities later did the same, and as did Mexico City in 2007 and some Mexican and Brazilian states. Uruguay alone has legalized civil unions nationwide.

Buenos Aires lawmakers introduced a bill for legalizing gay marriage in the national Congress in October but it has stalled without a vote, and officials in the South American city have blocked same-sex wedding because of conflicting judicial rulings.

Many people in Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America remain opposed to gay marriage, and the dominant Roman Catholic Church has announced its opposition.

"They have given Mexicans the most bitter Christmas," said Armando Martinez, the president of the College of Catholic Attorneys. "They are permitting adoption (by gay couples) and in one stroke of the pen have erased the term 'mother' and 'father.'"

City lawmaker Victor Romo, a member of the mayor's leftist party, called it a historic day.

"For centuries unjust laws banned marriage between blacks and whites or Indians and Europeans," he said. "Today all barriers have disappeared."

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php...ARSDCCLM_UNEWS

Jerakk 12-31-2009 09:02 PM

Re: ! ? MEXICO legalizes Gay Marriage ? !

Honestly, this is why we need to build bigger fences and start putting land mines around the border to keep out the homers. Thankfully God has already laid down his judgment with several earthquakes in messyco in the past few days.

Earthquake Details

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 18:53:23 UTC
Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 10:53:23 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
6 km (3.7 miles) (poorly constrained)
Region
BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
Distances
28 km (17 miles) ESE (119°) from Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico
28 km (18 miles) NNW (341°) from Guadalupe Victoria, Baja California, Mexico
32 km (20 miles) ESE (121°) from Calexico, CA
170 km (106 miles) E (89°) from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 1.8 km (1.1 miles); depth +/- 31.6 km (19.6 miles)
Parameters
Nph= 23, Dmin=31 km, Rmss=0.34 sec, Gp=194°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=4
Source
California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR
Event ID
ci14565636

Noah Dint 12-31-2009 09:08 PM

I am in no way for Homers in any way. But if ALL MEXICANS would just turn gay - the males and females - our southern border challenges would all soon be over.

I wonder if that is what happened to the Mayans?

Mistress Cookie 12-31-2009 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Perhaps the Gays who cannot marry in California will cross the border and become Mexican citizens :sombrero:

That would be GREAT! And truthfully, they would be so much happier there, amongst like-minded peoples.

Everybody wins!

Attachment 10740

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-01-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noah Dint (Post 437693)
But if ALL MEXICANS would just turn gay - the males and females - our southern border challenges would all soon be over.

Good point, Brother. As we all know, the sodomite deathstyle choice is so clearly disgusting and contrary to nature, human sensibilities, and everything good that if it isn't suppressed, everyone (except us True Christians™) will want to try it.

Quote:

Possibly. From this queer hindaloo site (please pray and fast before clicking):

Quote:

Among the Maya, homosexuality was associated with Chin, a dwarfish nature spirit. In Mayan narratives, Chin introduced homoeroticism to the nobles and allowed them to take handsome youths from lower class families to serve as partners for their sons. These early Mesoamerican same-sex unions were a type of marriage among the Maya and recognized under tribal law.
That is no way to run a society. The Bible clearly states that the sacred institution of concubinage is between a man and a woman:

Ex. 21:7: And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

Marshall 01-01-2010 05:46 PM

Pink sombreros.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-02-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall (Post 437972)
Pink sombreros.

You said it, Brother.

I think our fags are better looking than their fags.

TunaForBrains 01-02-2010 08:29 AM

That's mean. :'(

Why can't we all put aside our differences and worry about THIS life and not the afterlife?

If people just stopped trying to shove religion down people's throat..the world would be better.

why should you care if someone goes to heaven or hell....as long as you get into heaven why mess with others?

Mrs. Rogers 01-02-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noah Dint (Post 437693)

You know, I saw that movie Apocalypto -- thinking it was going to be all about the horrors visited upon the unsaved (after we are raptured) -- but it was full of half-naked Mayan men chasing each other through a jungle.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ioi7ev.jpg

Their skin was as smooth as that of professional bodybuilders, their appearance highly-stylized, and their buttocks were riveting; I understand this to be historically accurate. So yes, it is very likely the Mayans died out due to mass homosexuality.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-02-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TunaForBrains (Post 438342)

Why can't we all put aside our differences and worry about THIS life and not the afterlife?

If people just stopped trying to shove religion down people's throat..the world would be better.

Where does it say any of that in the Bible? :huh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Rogers (Post 438353)
You know, I saw that movie Apocalypto -- thinking it was going to be all about the horrors visited upon the unsaved (after we are raptured) -- but it was full of half-naked Mayan men chasing each other through a jungle.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ioi7ev.jpg

Their skin was as smooth as that of professional bodybuilders, their appearance highly-stylized, and their buttocks were riveting; I understand this to be historically accurate. So yes, it is very likely the Mayans died out due to mass homosexuality.

How right you are Mrs. Rogers! In fact their tradition continues even today. :bad:

Mrs. Rogers 01-02-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 438368)
How right you are Mrs. Rogers! In fact their tradition continues even today. :bad:

Hmmm ... I see modern gays aren't expected to be as fit as the Mayan Gays of Old:

Quote:

Your itinerary may include easy paced walks or bike rides, but these are on mainly flat ground.

Old Man Hatchet 01-02-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Rogers (Post 438353)
Their skin was as smooth as that of professional bodybuilders, their appearance highly-stylized, and their buttocks were riveting.

I was confident in my nothern European lineage, but now I don't know what to think. I have all of those attributes. My firm, majestic buttocks could be a consequence of Mayan heritage.

Noah Dint 01-02-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Man Hatchet (Post 438374)
I was confident in my nothern European lineage, but now I don't know what to think.

I never met a Mexican I didn't think had a little Homer in him. I just get that weard feeling whenever I'm around them. Talking their little gay language and smiling at me. I'm gonna' start watching their eyes. No wonder they are always looking down, stealing glances.

-ND

TheLordSavedMe 01-02-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TunaForBrains (Post 438342)

why should you care if someone goes to heaven or hell....as long as you get into heaven why mess with others?

GROSS!!! :bad:

I don't even want to think about Mexicans gays and what they are shoving ANYWHERE! :fear2:

Tammi :innocent:

Capt. Aaron Portway 01-02-2010 05:33 PM

Gay beaners piss me off.:thumbdown:

But maybe if Paco and Ramon can get married in their own country, they'll stay the heck out of ours!:thumbsup:

Rev. Jim Osborne 01-02-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

The bill passed the capital's local assembly 39-20 to the cheers of supporters who yelled: "Yes, we could! Yes, we could!"
Why am I not surprised the Obamunists were behind this? Obama is very ambitious in that if he cannot get gay marriage legal in all 50 states, he will work in other countries to get laws passed there.

Quote:

"We are so happy," said Temistocles Villanueva, a 23-year-old film student who celebrated by passionately kissing his boyfriend outside the city's assembly.
This shows how morally bankrupt these homosexuals are. This man obviously is named after the Spanish word for "Testicles". What, is his sister named "Clotorus."?

Marshall 01-03-2010 01:58 AM

I don't think I've ever noticed any homo workers out here. At least not working for me. If I found a queerbean here I'd have to send them all packing back and get a whole new set. It's bad enough most of them don't smoke so literally contribute nothing to my life other than working my rows. They don't even dip.

Glendora Christianson 01-03-2010 02:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistress Cookie (Post 437689)
I feared it had always been legal there, along with other crimes like the cultivation of marihuanna, etc.

Is this really new?

I think the main thing is that finally, there's a better place for this "person" to live!

IamAHatemonger 01-03-2010 04:30 AM

That's great. :thumbsup:
Gay marriage should be legalized. Everywhere.
Love should go to everyone. Marriage isn't about reproducing, it's about the love. Everyone should feel love. My best friend is a lesbian and has a girlfriend. Problem? No.

Jerakk 01-03-2010 04:32 AM

Silly sinner, everybody knows that marriage is between a man, a woman, and Jesus Christ.