The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bible Was Written By Men for Men (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=82233)

Johny Joe Hold 09-03-2012 12:59 PM

Bible Was Written By Men for Men

I'm a politican, not a theologian, but the more I study the Bible, the more simply truths become obvious.

One is the role of women in our lives. It is limited.

It is clear the male authors of the Bible did not intend for women to read it. The readers were to be men.

Take the commandment, "thou shalt not covent they neighbor's..." It lists the ass, the man servant, the woman servant and then, tucked right in there with all those possessions is the neighbor's property called his "wife", or "wives".

There had to be good reason God would have the Bible written in this way. I hope women can appreciate their role as secondary to their men gives them the peace and satisfaction God intended for them.

LaQrundrellia 09-03-2012 01:06 PM

Re: Bible Was Written By Men for Men

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 926345)
I'm a politican, not a theologian, but the more I study the Bible, the more simply truths become obvious.

It is clear the male authors of the Bible did not intend for women to read it. The readers were to be men.

Take the commandment, "thou shalt not covent they neighbor's..." It lists the ass, the man servant, the woman servant and then, tucked right in there with all those possessions is the neighbor's property called his "wife", or "wives".

There had to be good reason God would have the Bible written in this way. I hope women can appreciate their role as secondary to their men gives them the peace and satisfaction God intended for them.

If it weren't for us broads, you'll would still be in The Garden butt nekked and happy without no farms and cotton so there wouldn't even be no need for us black folk.

Every time I gave birf, I was thinkin "Eve, you skank ho, I hate you for this!"

But now I done learnt my place so I sit in the back of the church and remain silent.

Mary Etheldreda 09-03-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

I hope women can appreciate their role as secondary to their men gives them the peace and satisfaction God intended for them.

Indeed Mayor! This whole "feminist" movement is nothing more than a bunch of disgruntled ladies who have forgotten that the only thing that brings them any lasting satisfaction and contentment is not behaving like men, but behaving like women, the way the LORD created:

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:18

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Genesis 3:16

It is the very principles upon which the New Testament Church was founded, was it not?

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Ephesians 5:22-24

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oP6Et7K1zj.../elijah_27.jpg

The Shunammite Woman, due to her subservience, receives a son the only thing that truly makes a woman happy
(2 Kings 4:8-17)

Redeemed Papist 09-03-2012 07:00 PM

This wouldn't even be an issue if the liberal fools hadn't started persuading women that their feelings were actually thoughts. :angry:

Jedediah 09-03-2012 09:34 PM

I don't know how to get any less ambiguous about women's role in the Church than this:

I Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Our wives are supposed to sit there with their mouths shut and look pretty. If the serious theological discussions are over their head, they are still not to open their mouths, but to remain silent until in the privacy of their homes, where we husbands will clear up any details which may be too complex for their feeble female brains.

Godfly 09-03-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedediah (Post 926504)
I don't know how to get any less ambiguous about women's role in the Church than this:

I Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Our wives are supposed to sit there with their mouths shut and look pretty. If the serious theological discussions are over their head, they are still not to open their mouths, but to remain silent until in the privacy of their homes, where we husbands will clear up any details which may be too complex for their feeble female brains.

God blessed my wife with a stutter to remind her to keep her trap shut outside the home. It's been real helpful when folks get too nosy about er black eye.

Johny Joe Hold 09-04-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaQrundrellia (Post 926348)
Every time I gave birf, I was thinkin "Eve, you skank ho, I hate you for this!"

But now I done learnt my place so I sit in the back of the church and remain silent.

LaQrundrellia, that you sit in the back and remain silent shows you are taking the first steps toward a fulfilling and interesting life as a Christian woman.

Basilissa 03-03-2013 01:53 AM

I agree with all of the above, but, shouldn't the title be something like: "God commanded male scribes to write the Bible for men?" Just a question, because the phrase "Bible was written by men for men" gives the false impression that the Holy Bible is some kind of a tool invented/created by men to subjugate women.

Johny Joe Hold 03-03-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 983052)
I agree with all of the above, but, shouldn't the title be something like: "God commanded male scribes to write the Bible for men?" Just a question, because the phrase "Bible was written by men for men" gives the false impression that the Holy Bible is some kind of a tool invented/created by men to subjugate women.

If you know the Bible and know Jesus, you already know God intended the Bible for men.

Seth Campbell 03-03-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Oh Good, I thought for a moment there that you had gone atheist on us. I was about to pack my bags and call the realtor.

I don't know what's going on right now, but since we rely on our wives for raising our children in a Biblical manner, shouldn't they read it?

During Liz's recuperation, I made her write out specific scripture for hours at a time until it was burned into her head. I pray that it stuck.

Mary Etheldreda 03-03-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

I don't see how the good Mayor's title could ever give that impression. True Christian™ men don't need to "subjugate" a woman who glorifies the LORD by supporting her God-given role in society.

JustBeatMe 03-03-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

You're very right man, Bible is indeed a powerful book, is really sad that so many people use it to hurt to another people, specially women, they must be protected by men, instead of that the men who believes so deeply in the book spank women using very lame excuses for that, just read this:

(Corinthians 14:34 - 35) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
And
if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

(Job 25:4) How then can man be justified with God? or, how can he be clean [that is] born of a woman?

The last one is specially gross because says that a man born from a woman is unclean, so, the Bible in fact shows no respect for the women who are also mothers, what a shame

What about Jesus? Was he unclean too?

Seth Campbell 03-03-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustBeatMe (Post 983112)
You're very right man, Bible is indeed a powerful book, is really sad that so many people use it to hurt to another people, specially women, they must be protected by men, instead of that the men who believes so deeply in the book spank women using very lame excuses for that, just read this:

(Corinthians 14:34 - 35) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

(Job 25:4) How then can man be justified with God? or, how can he be clean [that is] born of a woman?

The last one is specially gross because says that a man born from a woman is unclean, so, the Bible in fact shows no respect for the women who are also mothers, what a shame

What about Jesus? Was he unclean too?

Mary was a virgin, so no sin was involved with his conception.

Really? You don't know that much of the Bible? And you're here telling us we're wrong?

Didymus Much 03-03-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

...What about Jesus? Was he unclean too?

Even He needed to be baptised.

Mary Etheldreda 03-03-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

The last one is specially gross...

I'm confused. Can you please explain how you've come to the conclusion that you know better than God Himself about what is right and wrong? Can you share with me the Bible passages that helped you come to this conclusion?

Thank you.

:)

JustBeatMe 03-03-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 983115)
I'm confused. Can you please explain how you've come to the conclusion that you know better than God Himself about what is right and wrong? Can you share with me the Bible passages that helped you come to this conclusion?

Thank you.

:)

No, I won't, because I was using my head to know that, I don't depend of a book to know what's wrong or right, even when the Bible says in some parts that kill is ok (just like burning a girl alive if she's not virgin when she get married) I know is wrong. I think you depend too much of that book to know what to think and that's dangerous and sad at the same time :thumbdown:

Mary Etheldreda 03-03-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustBeatMe (Post 983117)
No, I won't, because I was using my head to know that, I don't depend of a book to know what's wrong or right, even when the Bible says in some parts that kill is ok (just like burning a girl alive if she's not virgin when she get married) I know is wrong. I think you depend too much of that book to know what to think and that's dangerous and sad at the same time :thumbdown:

No dear, what's dangerous is trying to live in a society without God's morals guiding us. Have you ever read the Holy Bible?

Didymus Much 03-03-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

...the Bible says in some parts that kill is ok (just like burning a girl alive if she's not virgin when she get married)...

It's stoning for that (Deuteronomy 22:21), burning's for witches (I think so, at least; all I can find is "suffer not to live").

JustBeatMe 03-03-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 983119)
No dear, what's dangerous is trying to live in a society without God's morals guiding us. Have you ever read the Holy Bible?

Please explain me what have of moral a man abusing of his wife, a child being threated as an object with no feelings, a black person being an slave or a girl being burned alive with no chance of having any help just because the poor thing was no virgin when she get married!

And if you talk about that primitive book again I'm not going to answer you, because you talk like a person who was completely brainwashed by this gross cult

Seth Campbell 03-03-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

If you read your Bible you would know that only comes into effect if her and her father lied about her being a virgin.

Oh and Deuteronomy 22:21 says stoning not burning, do try and get something right.

I knew my wife was technically no longer a virgin when I married her, so I cannot use that.

After all, 1st Timothy 5:11-14 would be pretty cruel if we forced widows under 60 to marry and then stoned them to death for not being virgins.

11But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;
12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.
13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.
14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.

But of course you know the Bible better than we do, we're only "dum kristans".

Is this what it takes for you to feel superior? To come onto a Christian site and harass True Christians™ and accuse them of being stupid for not believing in what you do?

Isaiah 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.