The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Tipping your waiter for good service. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=10825)

Nobar King 04-27-2008 03:03 PM

Tipping your waiter for good service.

Most people know I'm a good tipper. I know how hard it is to struggle and work a job with no reward, so I like to give a little extra to help out my servers.

Unfortunately, like everyone, I have been confronted with poor service more often than I like. I don't like to be a cheapskate and not leave a tip, although sometimes the desire is irresistible.

Here is a good suggestion for a way to give your 'server' a message about her poor service and make a tithe to God's favorite church at the same time:
Quote:

http://www.turtletip.com/images/title.gif
Why tip 20% for slow service? Afraid of appearing cheap or confrontational? TurtleTip.com to the rescue! We'll send you a tiny packet of TurtleTip stickers for your wallet. Next time you leave a smaller tip, also leave a TurtleTip.com sticker on the bill, letting the server know the remainder of their tip is going to charity. Each sticker includes a printed explanation to the server why he's not getting a generous tip. Use your credit card size TurtleTip sticker packet (TurtlePack) to easily keep track of the difference between a generous tip and what you actually left.

Once you're out of stickers, return to TurtleTip.com to donate the difference from all those tips to a worthy charity. We'll send you another packet of FREE TurtleTip stickers. Each TurtlePack comes with a dozen stickers and a "tip tracker." We also include a few happy turtle stickers for the great servers!

http://www.turtletip.com/images/mascot.gifhttp://www.turtletip.com/images/starburst.gif

http://www.turtletip.com/images/cartoon.gif

http://www.turtletip.com/images/steps.gif

TurtleTip will set up a unique account for LBC so you can order tip cards that tell your server that their tip is going to be donated to the Landover Baptist Church. You will truly be doing the lord's work by supporting your church and spreading the name of Jesus.

Pastor Billy-Reuben 05-09-2008 08:31 PM

Re: Tipping your waiter for good service.

I consider tipping a waitress to be the same thing as giving cash to a panhandler. She's just going to spend it on booze and drugs. I've heard testimony from now-saved former food-service employees, and I know how they like to "party".

Whenever I dine out, I always leave three Chick Tracts in lieu of a monetary tip -- one for the waitress, one for the busboy, and one for the cook.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Bobby-Joe 05-09-2008 08:46 PM

As a good Christian cash gratuities are out of the question for me. I would never degrade a fellow human being by making them dependent on handouts. Instead I leave a business card with the URL for the Landover On Line Bible with commentary and Apologetics. Teach them to fish and they never need to grovel for money again.

Daisy Mae Johnson 05-09-2008 09:00 PM

What? You are supposed to tip food servers?

Don't they get paid from the restaurant they work for?

Good LORD, everyone always has their hand out don't they.:angry:

Roberta 05-09-2008 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A new ethnic restaurant opened in Killington so a bunch of us went for dinner last night. I was adventurous and tried chop suey but did not like it at all and sent it back. When I asked for something American, the chink waiter copped an attitude with me and mumbled something that I considered anatomically insulting.

The guy I was with was about to deck the little slant but I convinced him to let me leave a turtle instead. 20% of our tab (there were eight of us) went to LBC instead of an illegal immigrant.

JennyD 05-10-2008 05:03 AM

Hitoshi is waiting tables now?!

Be careful, Sister! There's no telling what might be in that white sauce! :fear2:

revrggreen 05-11-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 185571)
What? You are supposed to tip food servers?

Don't they get paid from the restaurant they work for?

Yes Sister T, my thoughs exactly!

You don't expect to walk into a Bank and withdraw money, and have the cashier ask for a hand-out - so why should we give extra money to these servers? After all they are getting paid already from the restrauraunt that empolys them. What are they? Bums? Do they want paid TWICE for the SAME JOB?

These people are probably fraudulently claiming welfare too, getting a THIRD wage for nothing. It seems to me that they are nothing but greedy money-grubbing human trash. :angry:

Nobar King 05-11-2008 07:24 PM

Not only that, you know that they are not declaring the tips you give them on their income tax. I'd rather donate to the presidential election fund.

madguitarist 05-11-2008 07:35 PM

I like this TurtleTip idea. I'd hand out the stickers instead of tipping the staff. Could this be considered another way to tithe, as your would be tip is going to charity?

Pastor Billy-Reuben 05-11-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madguitarist (Post 186268)
Could this be considered another way to tithe, as your would be tip is going to charity?

As long as you set it up so that the money goes to Landover Baptist Church :thumbsup:

madguitarist 05-11-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 186271)
As long as you set it up so that the money goes to Landover Baptist Church :thumbsup:

Duly noted.

Nobar King 05-11-2008 08:14 PM

I contacted Turtle Tip, and they were agreeable to printing special stickers for us that indicate that your tip is going to support LBC and the word of Jesus.

You are responsible for remembering how much money you saved up and then tithe it to the church.

Old Iron Crotch 05-11-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrggreen (Post 186260)
Yes Sister T, my thoughs exactly!

You don't expect to walk into a Bank and withdraw money, and have the cashier ask for a hand-out - so why should we give extra money to these servers? After all they are getting paid already from the restrauraunt that empolys them. What are they? Bums? Do they want paid TWICE for the SAME JOB?

These people are probably fraudulently claiming welfare too, getting a THIRD wage for nothing. It seems to me that they are nothing but greedy money-grubbing human trash. :angry:

Wait staff are paid less than minimum wage because they are expected to earn a certain percentage of their income from tips.

Nobar King 05-11-2008 09:03 PM

Not in Godless San Francisco. Waiters get minimum wage there (over 9$/hr) plus tips. That's more than the teachers in your school system make.

SUV 05-11-2008 09:08 PM

As a tip, I always leave the wait staff little booklets about JESUS in lieu of cash.

And for some reason, they just get ruder and ruder! I think every one of them must be un$avED and proud of it :(

snottyduck 05-11-2008 09:14 PM

When the service it good I tip, when it sucks I don't tip. Simple as that.

Getting tips always feels good, certainly when your pay isn't the greatest. I know what I talking about, I drove a cab for 3 years and if you don't get tips it's not worth doing the job to begin with. At least the government doesn't run away with half of your tip money. BTW, Americans are in general good tippers but on the other side, *racial slur deleted* don't tip for shit.

SUV 05-11-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snottyduck (Post 186308)
At least the government doesn't run away with half of your tip money.

Are you......criticising the American Government?!! :usa:

JennyD 05-13-2008 05:54 AM

The last waiter I had serviced me very poorly, indeed! :angry: He did not get a dime of a tip out of me!

Old Iron Crotch 05-13-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyD (Post 187129)
The last waiter I had serviced me very poorly, indeed! :angry: He did not get a dime of a tip out of me!

I believe the word you want is "served" not "serviced." A waiter serves, a gigolo services.
Now that I think about it, perhaps you used the correct word after all.

Pastor Ezekiel 05-13-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggoty Old Crone (Post 187209)
I believe the word you want is "served" not "serviced." A waiter serves, a gigolo services.
Now that I think about it, perhaps you used the correct word after all.

Get your mind out of the gutter, witch. Why must you insist on dragging every single thread on this forum through the mud? :angry: