The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Blame Ronald Reagan's APPEASEMENT for Putin's world-conquest rampage! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=98745)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 04-26-2014 01:14 PM

Blame Ronald Reagan's APPEASEMENT for Putin's world-conquest rampage!

Surprised to see we lost Crimea? Conservatives aren't surprised. WE TOLD YOU SO:

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oLb...29.h848.2x.jpg

We can all thank Ronald CHAMBERLAIN Reagan, for appeasing the Russians and encouraging them to conquer the world! :thumbdown:

Edit:

For all you perfectionists who think you need to understand the geography, here's a map:

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...ediumlarge.png

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-05-2014 10:18 PM

Re: Blame Ronald Reagan's APPEASEMENT for Putin's world-conquest rampage!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1084338)
For all you perfectionists who think you need to understand the geography

...please poke yourself in the eye for me, you bunch of treason-loving surrender-monkies. Geographical knowledge turns people into traitors:
We found that only one out of six Americans can find Ukraine on a map, and that this lack of knowledge is related to preferences: The farther their guesses were from Ukraine’s actual location, the more they wanted the U.S. to intervene with military force.
So, if anyone asks, please try to convince them that Ukraine is bordered by Antartica on the north, the Holy Roman Empire on the south, Mordor on the west, and Oz on the east. That should get them making sound geostrategic calculations. :thumbsup:

Cranky Old Man 05-05-2014 11:42 PM

I am not convinced yet that the Ukraine is worthy of liberation. Do they even have oil?

undeadmens 05-06-2014 12:26 AM

No they do not have significant oil fields or reserves in the Ukraine

A Follower 05-06-2014 01:29 AM

From what I understand Russia exports most of its gas through the Ukraine, destroying that country would open up more export markets for liquefied shale gas. I don't think an invasion is necessary, but some strategic bombing hasn't ever harmed anyone (well, not anyone relevant for sure).

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 05-06-2014 08:45 AM

I'm so sick and tired of the continual whining and complaining from the rest of the world. There's a "crisis" every week, and after we go in and fix it they start bitching again about something else. Can't we just nuke the lot of them? It'd be a nice, tidy solution and we can go back to hearing the REAL news on TV.

Attila's Wife 05-06-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Follower (Post 1086435)
From what I understand Russia exports most of its gas through the Ukraine, destroying that country would open up more export markets for liquefied shale gas. I don't think an invasion is necessary, but some strategic bombing hasn't ever harmed anyone (well, not anyone relevant for sure).

It would be just like demolishing a few slum neighborhoods for a new freeway. Everyone wins. :thumbsup:

Trent Harvey, Jr. 05-06-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1084338)
We can all thank Ronald CHAMBERLAIN Reagan

Forget appeasement, you know what the worst thing about Chamberlain was? He didn't actually sleep with 20,000 women. That was just an estimation:
"According to Rod Roddewig, a contemporary of Wilt's, the 20,000 number was created when he and Chamberlain were staying in Chamberlain's penthouse in Honolulu during the mid-1980s. He and Chamberlain stayed at the penthouse for 10 days, over the course of which he recorded everything on his Daytimer.[clarification needed] For every time Chamberlain went to bed with a different girl he put a check in his daytimer. After those 10 days there were 23 checks in the book, which would be rate of 2.3 women per day. He divided that number in half, to be conservative and to correct for degrees of variation. He then multiplied that number by the number of days he had been alive at the time minus 15 years. That was how the 20,000 number came into existence." -That website, you know the one.
Thanks for giving false hopes and unrealistic expectations to Men's Rights Advocates/Pick-up Artists everywhere, jerk.

WWJDnow 05-09-2014 09:06 PM

In all fairness to Ronald Reagan, I think he was forced to cave into the Soviets by the liberal Congress. Unfortunately, to get anything done in Washington, you have to play the liberal game. Just imagine how much worse things would have been had Jimmy Carter beat Ronald Reagan!

It's time to end the Democrat party's obstructionism. This is why I support a Constitutional amendment banning Democrats from running for office.

Oholiba 05-10-2014 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=Oholiba;1087561]This pic makes me very confused - what does Putin really mean?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...%2C_Moscow.jpg

Attila's Wife 05-10-2014 03:28 PM

It means someone has printed the photo in a mirror image.

Oholiba 05-10-2014 07:27 PM

So - Putin uses Homo-soldiers? I find his name also strange.

Basilissa 05-11-2014 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go, I corrected the image.

Trent Harvey, Jr. 04-14-2016 05:05 PM

Another "I told you so":

Ukraine has a new president now. He's jewish.

We might as well rename it "Jewcraine".

It begins...

Sally Paulson 08-20-2016 05:24 PM

So, now that Putin is waging cyberwarefare against the Democratic Party on Trump's behalf, can we please be nicer to him?

I mean, is there even any proof that Russia invaded Yukon? I mean,of course the Yukonian rebels look very Russian, but who can tell Russians and Yukonians apart in the first place?

H. Montague Worthington 08-28-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1087402)
In all fairness to Ronald Reagan, I think he was forced to cave into the Soviets by the liberal Congress. Unfortunately, to get anything done in Washington, you have to play the liberal game. Just imagine how much worse things would have been had Jimmy Carter beat Ronald Reagan!

It's time to end the Democrat party's obstructionism. This is why I support a Constitutional amendment banning Democrats from running for office.

You are OH so right, WWJDnow!!!! I'm sad to say that many Americans may have forgotten the REAL Ronald Reagan. And millions of others weren't alive yet when President Reagan was saving the world by facing down the Communists and making America the Super Capitalist nation that Made America Great until January 20, 2009. The youngest person who actually voted for Reagan in his last election (a person who turned 18 on November 6, 1984) would be about to turn 50 this year!

Younger Americans may have only heard DEMONcrat propaganda making President Reagan look stupid, disengaged, a minor intellect, unfit for office, a doddering old fool in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's Disease, bankrupting America with debt-spending to support a supply-side/trickle down economics theory that has since been proven to be utterly false and contributed to the rise of generational wage stagnation, the decline of the middle class, and income inequality worthy of the Third World, blah blah blah. Of course, that's all hogwash.

The REAL Ronald Reagan was more complex, nuanced, and much more powerful. THIS is more like the REAL Ronald Reagan:

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/...er-d7lmkqs.jpg

So think about caricatures, and consider which one you believe to be true. Because in the end, thanks to the vision of Ronald Wilson Reagan, we are no longer beholden to the liberal media-- thanks to Mr. Reagan's deregulation of media by the Federal Communications Commission and the abolition of the Fairness Doctrine (requiring equal time for viewpoints broadcasted by media outlets operating in the public interest).