The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Proof Positive: Judas Was a Marijuana Addict! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=98129)

Pastor Ezekiel 03-29-2014 05:51 AM

Proof Positive: Judas Was a Marijuana Addict!

THIS does not surprise me one little bit. Anyone with half a brain can tell from reading the Holy Bible that Judas was trouble. They found his grave and even found the 30 pieces of silver he got for betraying our Lord. Now we have conclusive proof that he was a dope addict. No doubt we'll soon learn that he was a queer and a terrorist as well! :angry:

Quote:

Israeli Archeologist Uncovers Proof Judas Smoked Marijuana

Jerusalem| A archeological dig site excavated by a scientific team from the Biblical Research Foundation, discovered what is presumed to be the tomb of the infamous biblical figure, Judas Iscariot. They also found some proof on the site that the man could have been a drug user.

The simplistic structure which has been nicknamed by its discoverers, “Judas’s Tomb”, contained the bodies of two adult and one teenage males, certainly from the same family. The inscriptions on the rough stone coffins seem to link the tombs to the Iscariot family, the corpses being identified as those of Judas, his father Simon, and his brother Joshua.

The site also contained three different heavily damaged scrolls, seven clay vases and 30 silver coins, an eerie reminder of Judas’s alleged wage from the temple authorities for betraying the Christ. Another object has really caught the scientists attention: a small pipe-shaped wooden object that upon further investigation and analysis, has revealed to contain cannabis resin.

“This could bring light to one the darkest part of the biblical history” explain Möshe Erdazovitch, the archeologist responsible for the site. “If Judas was a drug addict, it could explain his need for money and also his suicidal behavior. We cannot come to such clear conclusions for now, but the evidence sure seems to lead in that direction. This could bring an all new explanation to the death of Jesus.”

Mother Of Seven 03-29-2014 09:59 AM

Re: Proof Positive: Judas Was a Marijuana Addict!

It just goes to show that it's not just a modern thing that you can't trust a dope addict :thumbdown:

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-29-2014 10:36 AM

The appearance of the 30 pieces of silver is truly miraculous: it not only sheds light on the Bible and the eternal Life of Christbut it also gives information about how the Jews really saw Jesus and how it was only one or two of their leaders who rabble-roused a crowd to cause Jesus’s temporary death.

Let us look at the Scripture:

M't:27:3: Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
M't:27:4: Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
M't:27:5: And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
M't:27:6: And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
M't:27:7: And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.

M't:27:8: Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

Which is almost the same as:

Ac:1:16: Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Ac:1:17: For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
Ac:1:18: Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
Ac:1:19: And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

If you are Christian, you will understand that there is no contradiction as to who purchased the field and in both cases, the 30 pieces went to the original owner of the field as the price and so, on first sight, the appearance of these damned coins would seem to be conclusive proof that the tomb was not that of Judas Iscariot.

However, if we look, and apply our Biblical Thinking Skills, we see that all is not what it appears and another story is shown:
Quote:

The simplistic structure which has been nicknamed by its discoverers, “Judas’s Tomb”, contained the bodies of two adult and one teenage males, certainly from the same family. The inscriptions on the rough stone coffins seem to link the tombs to the Iscariot family, the corpses being identified as those of Judas, his father Simon, and his brother Joshua.
We see that, as Judas’s death was unexpected by all, there must have been a time between his death and burial when the tomb was being built and Judas’s body would have been the first in it followed by his father and his brother. His mother must have been buried somewhere else. I suspect that this would have been normal, as the blame for Judas’s betrayal lay upon his father and his brother for not having brought him up properly, so they were buried with him to mark their shame. Whereas, his mother, who was just a woman, could not be blamed and would have been buried in a normal hole in the ground.

So, the tomb is being built for Judas. All Judea is in shock. None of the Jews can believe that they had been so stupid as to kill Jesus and thus invent Christianity and they are in spiritual turmoil. The ex-owner of Potter’s Field (probably Mr Potter) then is tainted with the same shame and takes to drugs. One evening, after the tomb has been finished and Judas placed inside, and whilst stoned out of his skull, he gathers the 30 Pieces of Silver and his spirit, fortified by the drug and his mind thus addled, he makes his way in the darkness to what he must see as the most evil and desolate spot in Jerusalem.

He realises he must return the blood money
He breaks into the tomb.
He leaves a hastily scribbled note behind seeking forgiveness from Jesus and explaining why the 30 pieces of Silver are there (this is the damaged scroll.)
He staggers out of the tomb.
He reseals the tomb and then…
He realises he has left behind his dope-pipe!!!
But it is too late, dawn is coming: he must not be discovered and so he runs off.

We now have a wonderful insight into the life and times of Judea and how the Jews really did not want to kill Jesus but how they, like us weak and mortal men are all too often easily convinced by false prophets, liars and those of Satan that what they speak is the truth, when we should look at the evidence and come to the correct conclusion as advised by Jesus.

Jedediah 03-30-2014 04:19 AM

It goes to show the toll that narcotics can exact not only on drug abusers, but those around them as well. When he was younger, Judas was upright and delightsome enough to be chosen by our Savior to be counted among His closest disciples. But he turned into a dope-taker, and it was just a matter of time before Judas sold out Gentle Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, just so he can get that next marihuana fix.

Marihuana: not even once! :nono:

I'mforgivin 03-30-2014 06:52 AM

Umm so where is this proof that judas smoked marihuana ? And why is this of any importance?

Zechariah Smyth 03-30-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mforgivin (Post 1077513)
Umm so where is this proof that judas smoked marihuana ? And why is this of any importance?

Did you read the article? Did you read the thread?

:wacko:

Are you hopped up on marihuana right now???

:fear2:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Mother Of Seven 03-30-2014 07:01 AM

Maybe if you read the thread you would know the answer:
Quote:

a small pipe-shaped wooden object that upon further investigation and analysis, has revealed to contain cannabis resin.
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/wp-c...pe-460x307.png

Now, how about you go and introduce yourself in the Introductions section?

Skyfall 03-30-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mforgivin (Post 1077513)

Perhaps if you took time to study this thread then you'd see the evidence.

I hope you spend more time reading your King James Bible correctly than you do with these threads.

I'mforgivin 03-30-2014 02:35 PM

Umm yeah first of all why would the archeologists have founds thirty pieces of coins with judas' corpse? Judas didn't keep the money he betrayed Jesus with. He tried giving back to the Pharisees and the Pharisees just went and bought a field with it. Read THAT in the bible.

Didymus Much 03-30-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mforgivin (Post 1077560)
Umm yeah first of all why would the archeologists have founds thirty pieces of coins with judas' corpse?...

Mr. Bathfire has that covered already (see post #3 in this thread).

Pro tip: not reading the entire thread before offering your comments is rude and poor form. Someone may already (as in this case) have raised and/or answered the points you want to discuss, and expecting others to rehash tired or previously rebuked arguments for your benefit (because you're too lazy to cure your own ignorance) is selfish. :thumbdown:

I'mforgivin 03-30-2014 10:43 PM

I don't really care what some archeoligist found. Or what some other person said. I'm smart enough to look in the bible for myself and see that it says the Pharisees used the money to buy a field . Therefore it makes no sense to find the money with judas' corpse. I will believe the bible because it is the word of God. The bible IS truth. I'm not going off of what some archeologist found

Zechariah Smyth 03-30-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mforgivin (Post 1077620)
I don't really care what some archeoligist found. Or what some other person said. I'm smart enough to look in the bible for myself and see that it says the Pharisees used the money to buy a field . Therefore it makes no sense to find the money with judas' corpse. I will believe the bible because it is the word of God. The bible IS truth. I'm not going off of what some archeologist found

Sounds to me like you're just picking the pothead's side. Are you on the marihuana, son? Right now?

:(

Basilissa 03-30-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mforgivin (Post 1077620)

Sweetie, as Didymus tried to explain to you, there is no contradiction.

:facepalm:

I'mforgivin 03-30-2014 11:01 PM

No I am not on weed nor have I ever touched it. I will tell you right now that I will believe what the bible says over what some archeologist found. I stand by the word of God, which is solid truth. I stand unconvinced that this burial find is actually Judas himself