The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Easter is About Jesus - Period! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HAPPY EASTER FRIENDS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=88870)

Daisy Mae Johnson 03-31-2013 02:49 PM

HAPPY EASTER FRIENDS!

1 Attachment(s)
JESUS L:heart:ves you and so do I!

Pastor Ezekiel 03-31-2013 05:54 PM

Re: HAPPY EASTER FRIENDS!

He is RISEN! :jesus:

Levi Jones 03-31-2013 06:19 PM

Amen! Today is the day when we celebrate Jesus' temporary death and respawning.

:jesus::jesus::jesus:

Mary Etheldreda 03-31-2013 06:37 PM

He is Risen INDEED!

James Hutchins 03-31-2013 08:53 PM

What a day! Hutchins traditions is to live out miraculous scenes from the Bible. Christmas time, all the Hutchins females spend the night in the barn while the men stay in the Inn (Landover Westin), worrying during room service.
So for Easter, all the kids are hung on crosses (no, we do not put nails through their little hands, they stand on spikes and have ropes binding them to the cross.) Once the appear 'dead' (asleep, the little angels) we put them in one of the old mines on the property and block the door with boulders.
Truth be told, Easter is one of the few times the house is void of the thunder of 70 or so feet scurrying about as the kids do not appear until Tuesday or Wednesday. Mrs. Hutchins and I enjoy a nice rabbit stew.
Bless the little darlings, by Thursday, every one of them truly knows what Jesus did especially for each and everyone of them. As a treat, I give each one a rabbits foot key chain. They often trade among each other to collect the set.

Come the Glory! :yahoo:

Mary Thompson 03-31-2013 10:01 PM

HAPPY EASTER! HE IS RISIN!
:jesus::jesus::jesus::jesus::jesus::jesus::jesus:: jesus::jesus::jesus::jesus:

ManyPaths 03-31-2013 11:40 PM

http://i.qkme.me/3opbr3.jpg

Rev. Waynetta Kerr 04-01-2013 12:15 AM

It's a rather simplistic interpretation to assume that Jesus did, in fact, rise from the dead in a real sense. I mean we only need to think about how his body would have gone off over the weekend.

My sisters and I think he only can be seen to have risen from the dead in a very spiritual sense. We've all heard of the ouija board. Well it would have been a bit like that with the apostles reading into things moving unexpectedly and deciding Jesus was with us.

Of course this still doesn't remove from the mystery of the resurrection. How do those ouija boards work anyway? If you can't explain it then God is doing it, right?

So whatever it says in the Bible, what makes sense when you really think about it is better when it comes to Jesus. I'm sure you agree.

Happy Easter.

BelieverInGod 04-01-2013 01:10 AM

By chance Easter landed on Seth Jr's Birthday this year.

We have told him he will have to wait a week to celebrate since this weekend Jesus comes first! He didn't like it, but after his father had a "talk" with him, he's being pretty good about it.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-01-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Waynetta Kerr (Post 991513)
It's a rather simplistic interpretation to assume that Jesus did, in fact, rise from the dead in a real sense. I mean we only need to think about how his body would have gone off over the weekend.

My sisters and I think he only can be seen to have risen from the dead in a very spiritual sense. We've all heard of the ouija board. Well it would have been a bit like that with the apostles reading into things moving unexpectedly and deciding Jesus was with us.

Of course this still doesn't remove from the mystery of the resurrection. How do those ouija boards work anyway? If you can't explain it then God is doing it, right?

So whatever it says in the Bible, what makes sense when you really think about it is better when it comes to Jesus. I'm sure you agree.

Happy Easter.

You repulsive whore of satan. HOW DARE YOU waltz into God's favorite forum on the very day that we celebrate His LITERAL rising from His temporary death on the cross, and spew your revisionist lies!? There is NOTHING symbolic about Christ Jesus rising from the grave! He is God after all! He can whatever He damned well pleases! :badmood:

Read Luke 24 and tell me where it says Jesus didn't rise! :rtfm:

MilitantImbecile 04-02-2013 06:11 AM

I know I'm a bit late, but it was a fun weekend. It was unusually dry out here so we had an outdoor Easter egg hunt for all of the poor kids down on Hastings. Then we handed out sandwiches to everyone and had a great time.

Isaiah 58:7-8 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.