The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Drinking alcohol like God wants us to (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=62841)

Living_Water 04-08-2011 09:02 AM

Drinking alcohol like God wants us to

Genesis 9:20-21:

And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

Here we can read how God loving man Noah wanted to be a good head of the family and planted a vineyard. After the grapes grew ripe he made some excellent wine. I'm not sure if Noah tasted the vine on the morning or on the evening, but I doubt it was during the day since he was scantily clad. Like some of you might have experienced, Noah's wine got him so happy that he decided to take a nap in his tent without bothering to cover him up.
Well, can't blame Noah for that. That could happen to anyone.

Genesis 9:22-23:

And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

Ham saw his father in his compromised state and with a help of Shem and Japheth covered Noah up, so he wouldn't get cold. That is a fine example how we should raise our children. If the head of the family is tired after a long day of working and/or spreading God's word and drinking couple glasses of wine, children should always be there to help. Maybe Noah got drunk on purpose so he could see how his son would act. Using alcohol as a paranting tool?

1 Timothy 5:23:

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Bible even says alcohol is good for our stomach AND it takes away pains that come with old age.
Both of these things make me happy inside, but the latter one is just pure gold. Next time you hear your elderly complaining about their pains and just being cranky, maybe you should help them on their pains and pour them a large glass of good whiskey!

Matthew 26:29:

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Here on the last supper Jesus drank some wine and told that next time that he's able to enjoy a good glass of wine is in the heaven.
Now would you disappoint Jesus when your time comes and not drink alcohol when he offers it to you? I know I wouldn't. In fact I'm going to practise drinking wine, so that I'm very proficient in drinking when I meet Jesus!

Cursed 04-08-2011 11:04 AM

Re: Drinking alcohol like God wants us to

We can drink wine in Heaven?

Oh yeah, I'm ready, get me out of here! I hope I die before I finish this post, please God, please please strike me dead, please!

It is not His will, I must suffer a bit longer on this hellish earth as my Master commands. I will obey.

But I hate it here.

HTannor 04-08-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursed (Post 727772)
We can drink wine in Heaven?

Oh yeah, I'm ready, get me out of here! I hope I die before I finish this post, please God, please please strike me dead, please!

Please don't be overly hasty, little puppy, the time for each of us will come.

By the way, how old are you in people years?

Cursed 04-09-2011 09:49 AM

I'm not sure how old I am, Mr. Sir Honorable Tannor Sir, as I am a mexican half-breed bastard. We have little understanding of the concept of time, that's why we are always very late or too early.

I remember poor Reverend Jones when I was a kid, and that wonderful President Ford, so I'm old enough to already have children and maybe even grandchildren by now, if I wasn't so accursed, greasy, and gross!

It's a tribulation to suffer, but I look at it this way; even in Heaven, people will like to look better than other people, and someone has to be on the bottom.

It's an honor to be on the bottom! Praise God!

I really wish I was drinking wine in Heaven with GOD. Maybe tonight, Lord?

Living_Water 04-09-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursed (Post 728407)
I really wish I was drinking wine in Heaven with GOD. Maybe tonight, Lord?

Somehow I find this thought quite soothing.
Cursed, thank you for your positive thinking.

lukasekman 04-10-2011 09:50 AM

I use to drive my Godly SUV after I drink wine. Thus I put my faith in God keeping me on the road, guiding me to the destination.

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

I always keep a copy of KJV Bible in my car, in case I am stopped for a drunk test. If the cop is a True Christian, he will accept me quoting
Proverbs 16:9. If he is an atheist (as majority in Sweden are), I am getting jailed for Jesus.

Sweden has the most oppressive drunk driving laws in the world, because the Atheist government don't want the real people to put their faith in God behind the wheel.

Schibbolet 04-10-2011 08:31 PM

The most compelling reason for us to make alcohol to drink is in the action of the Lord Christ himself at the wedding in Cana. :cheers:

John 2:3,7,9

Living_Water 04-11-2011 09:22 AM

You make a good point.
If only I could've been there to witness the miracle of making wine out of water.

Pure_Angel 04-11-2011 10:48 AM

I am probably going to sound very stupid, I am so sorry, but woman aren't suppose to drink, right? I mean, wouldn't that turn them into even bigger harlots?

Yours in Christ
Elisabeth

Living_Water 04-11-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure_Angel (Post 729478)
I am probably going to sound very stupid, I am so sorry, but woman aren't suppose to drink, right? I mean, wouldn't that turn them into even bigger harlots?

Yours in Christ
Elisabeth

That is a tough one. I tried to do some research, but we might need some advice from True Christians just to be sure.

Here's what I found:

Numbers 5:19-27:

And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say unto the woman, If no man have lain with thee, and if thou hast not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of thy husband, be thou free from this bitter water that causeth the curse:

But if thou hast gone aside to another instead of thy husband, and if thou be defiled, and some man have lain with thee beside thine husband:

Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell;

And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.

And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water:

And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.

Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the LORD, and offer it upon the altar:

And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water.

And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

As far as I understand this, if you're a faithful christian woman and haven't slept with anyone except your husband you should be safe drinking the bitter water. But I think you should keep it in moderation since you have cook and clean up the house and look proper for your husband all the time.

On the other hand Psalm 104:15:
And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
Wine makes man glad, but it doesn't say anything about women. It looks like drinking wine is more useful to men.

SUV 04-11-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukasekman (Post 728933)
I use to drive my Godly SUV after I drink wine. Thus I put my faith in God keeping me on the road, guiding me to the destination.

Me too. And what TRUE Christian would ever drive anything else?

:drive1:

James Hutchins 04-11-2011 08:32 PM

I really enjoy climbing on my SUV after a few drinks. It relaxes me and steels my nerves for what is sure to be a bumpy ride on the way to Glory! :yahoo:

Pure_Angel 04-12-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_Water (Post 729539)
Scripture! :wub:

Hm, I am not a married woman yet, but thank you so much for your thorough research!
I have no intention of just drinking, I have better things to do, but I have always wondered if it is alright for a woman to take a glass of wine on a special occasion!
Thank you!

Yours in Christ
Elisabeth

Humongous 04-29-2011 01:51 PM

well, i Never much cared for the taste of alcohol. But Daddy (RIP) loved drinkin Mr. Clean and tonic water, then he'd go for a swim out back in the bog. He was a real fine swimmer after a bottle or two of floor polish.

enigma42 06-02-2011 03:32 PM

I think Noah was not drinking alchool, neither wine. He was rightous men and prophet.

Nobar King 06-02-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enigma42 (Post 759172)
I think Noah was not drinking alchool, neither wine. He was rightous men and prophet.

The scripture was posted in the OP, so your opinion is worthless. Are you also suggesting that Jesus wasn't righteous nor a prophet when he converted water into wine?

BelieverInGod 06-02-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enigma42 (Post 759172)

Of course, why read the Bible when you can make it up as you go along.

Genesis 9:20-21 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

Wraydio 12-07-2011 02:02 PM

So god wants us to drink booze? Definitely getting on it tonight!

(On it refers to a good old drinking session, tonight being the rowing Christmas do!)

Redeemed Papist 12-07-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraydio (Post 821979)
So god wants us to drink booze? Definitely getting on it tonight!

(On it refers to a good old drinking session, tonight being the rowing Christmas do!)

Yes, however, a word of caution...
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
So you see, God wants you to drink alcohol but not to go partying on it. Sorry, fornicator.

godloveus 12-08-2011 09:38 AM

GOD DON'T WANTS US TO DRINK!!! YOU BETRAYED US YOU LITTLE CUNT!! IF GOD WANTED US TO DRINK HE WOULD'VE WRITE THAT IN HIS OWN BIBLE AND DRINK ALCOHOL BY HIMSELF!!!! GOD LOVES US!!!!!!