The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   God wins, Nintendo loses! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=26559)

Wide-Open 07-30-2009 09:40 AM

God wins, Nintendo loses!

Good news Brothers and Sisters. I'm sure we all played a BIG part in helping God to put an end to Nintendo's success :hooray:

Quote:

Nintendo Sales Down 40 Percent

Kyoto-based Nintendo Co., Ltd. released its financial statement from the previous quarter earnings. Net sales were down compared to the same time last year — down by 40 percent, that is.

Obviously, Nintendo experienced phenomenal sales during the same period last year and faced a much more optimistic global economy.
According to Nintendo, "In the console business, there were fewer blockbuster software titles that briskly drove hardware sales this June quarter versus the same period a year ago when titles like Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit were launch in overseas markets."

What's more, the high appreciate* of the Japanese yen has negatively impacted net sales to the tune of ¥253 billion compared to ¥423 billion during the same period last year.

Net income was also down, clocking at ¥42.3 billion — a 60.6 percent drop. Even in this downward economy, Nintendo certainly does remain profitable, just not as profitable.
OK, we still have some work cut out until sales are down to 0%, but still.

* sorry for the Jinglish. :unsure:

Rev. Jim Osborne 07-30-2009 09:51 AM

Re: God wins, Nintendo loses!

This is truly done personally by God's hand! The number "40" is no coincidence. As we all know, 40 features very prominently in the Bible and this is just God's way of kicking butt with his signature on it! :thumbsup:

James Hutchins 07-30-2009 09:51 AM

Nothing like a success story to brighten my day. We will over come.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 07-30-2009 12:41 PM

I think some thanks is due to Rev. Jim, whose warnings on the dangers of Nintendon't games like Fall Out and Oblivion have helped show parents the pitfalls of buying those demon machines!

Pastor Ezekiel 07-30-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 371278)
This is truly done personally by God's hand! The number "40" is no coincidence. As we all know, 40 features very prominently in the Bible and this is just God's way of kicking butt with his signature on it! :thumbsup:

Oh sweet Jesus don't get that Aquaws nut started on the number 40. He'll write a dozen posts on it and add up the timestamp on every post. :doh:

thesleepyturtle 07-30-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Mary Maria (Post 371331)
I think some thanks is due to Rev. Jim, whose warnings on the dangers of Nintendon't games like Fall Out and Oblivion have helped show parents the pitfalls of buying those demon machines!

Sorry to abrupt your fun hating shenanigans, but I would like to point out that neither Fallout nor Oblivion are available on any Nintendo console.

Also, the sales are only down because of the economy, and that most people already own a Wii, or DS.

I don't even see why you should be complaining about Wii, the Wii offers mostly family friendly titles and no games that could be considered "Satanic."

Bobby-Joe 07-30-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesleepyturtle (Post 371373)
Sorry to abrupt your fun hating shenanigans, but I would like to point out that neither Fallout nor Oblivion are available on any Nintendo console.

Also, the sales are only down because of the economy, and that most people already own a Wii, or DS.

I don't even see why you should be complaining about Wii, the Wii offers mostly family friendly titles and no games that could be considered "Satanic."

Mario Brothers; How is that game considered family friendly? The game blatantly promotes the leather bear homosexual lifestyle.

thesleepyturtle 07-30-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 371376)
Mario Brothers; How is that game considered family friendly? The game blatantly promotes the leather bear homosexual lifestyle.

Please tell me what is homosexual about it, that 2 brothers work in a plumbing job and have to save a princess. At the end of the game Mario even kisses the princess, how is that gay?

Give me scripture saying God hates Nintendo and Mario Brothers, or it isn't true. (in your logic)

Wide-Open 07-30-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesleepyturtle (Post 371391)
Please tell me what is homosexual about it

This has been proven over and over again here. :yawn:

Quote:

Give me scripture saying God hates Nintendo and Mario Brothers, or it isn't true. (in your logic)
You are in no position to boss us around missy! :furious:

Nobar King 07-30-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesleepyturtle (Post 371391)
At the end of the game Mario even kisses the princess, how is that gay?

It's a token kiss meant to disguise his homosexuality like Richard Gere.

Meek and Humble 07-30-2009 04:11 PM

I'm so glad the Super Nintendo company is going down. Now is there anything we can do about those Sega Genesis creeps?

thesleepyturtle 07-30-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heathen_Basher (Post 371405)
I'm so glad the Super Nintendo company is going down. Now is there anything we can do about those Sega Genesis creeps?

Is that sarcasm? The Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis were both from the 90's. Sega does not even make systems anymore. Just to get you up to date, the current systems are Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360.

Wide-Open 07-30-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesleepyturtle (Post 371418)
Sega does not even make systems anymore. Just to get you up to date, the current systems are Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360.

Friend, we are extremely aware of the latest fashion with all these ... game... thingies. We know all about the latest games, like Doom and Duke Nukem. We know what an Atari is, thank you.

Our interest is in praying, not playing. What's yours? :glare:

Meek and Humble 07-30-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesleepyturtle (Post 371418)
Is that sarcasm? The Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis were both from the 90's. Sega does not even make systems anymore. Just to get you up to date, the current systems are Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360.

Friend, you need to find more to do with your life then just playing video games. It's kind of sad you know so much about them. Don't you have any friends?

thesleepyturtle 07-30-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide-Open (Post 371451)
Friend, we are extremely aware of the latest fashion with all these ... game... thingies. We know all about the latest games, like Doom and Duke Nukem. We know what an Atari is, thank you.

Our interest is in praying, not playing. What's yours? :glare:

Ok, that one was definitely sarcasm.

Bobby-Joe 07-30-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesleepyturtle (Post 371470)
Ok, that one was definitely sarcasm.

You don't think Brother Wide-O prays. Who are you to judge?

thesleepyturtle 07-30-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 371473)
You don't think Brother Wide-O prays. Who are you to judge?

No, not that part, the part I bolded.

Meek and Humble 07-30-2009 06:20 PM

Has your obsession with video games turned your brain to mush?

thesleepyturtle 07-30-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heathen_Basher (Post 371498)
Has your obsession with video games turned your brain to mush?

Did you even read my post?

Bobby-Joe 07-30-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesleepyturtle (Post 371479)
No, not that part, the part I bolded.

You are making no sense. The part you put in bold is "Our interest is in praying, not playing. What's yours?".