The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Reusable Shopping Bags: Environmentally Responsible, or Sinful Idolatry? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=88131)

Mary Etheldreda 03-03-2013 10:34 PM

Reusable Shopping Bags: Environmentally Responsible, or Sinful Idolatry?

Reusable shopping bags are all the rage, especially in Gay Agenda infested communities like those in California.

Quote:

Stores would be able to sell recycled paper bags, compostable bags or reusable bags to customers. In Los Angeles paper bags are available for 10 cents each.
Today it's a 10 cent fine on paper bags, tomorrow it'll be a $10 fine for having heterosexual kids. Where does the lunacy end?

I have no problem with being a good steward of this world (Genesis 1:28), but I personally think we should not allow Environmentalism to become a form of idolatry, where the “rights” of an inanimate planet and its non-human creatures are held in higher esteem than God (Romans 1:25) and man created in His image (Psalm 8:4-9).

At the same time, the earth we inhabit is not a permanent planet, nor was it ever intended to be. The environmental movement is consumed with trying to preserve the planet forever, and we know this is not God's plan. He tells us straight up that the earth and all He has created will be destroyed (2 Peter 3:10). The earth as it exists in its present form will be consumed, and God will create instead a new heaven and a new earth (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).

So what are people trying to accomplish with reusable shopping bags anyway? Do they really think we're going to run out of plastic before Jesus Returns?

BelieverInGod 03-03-2013 10:39 PM

Re: Reusable Shopping Bags: Environmentally Responsible, or Sinful Idolatry?

Well the good people at Consumer Freedom have this to say about the evils of "reusable bags"

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/2011/...reusable-bags/

Quote:

New Survey: Majority of Consumers Unaware of Excessive Lead and Bacteria Levels in Reusable Bags

Today, the nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) released findings from a new survey that found an overwhelming majority of Americans are not at all aware of the health concerns, such as excessive levels of lead and harmful bacteria, lurking in their fabric-like, polypropylene reusable bags. The national poll, commissioned by CCF and conducted by Opinion Research Corporation (ORC), also finds that 67% of reusable bag owners do not regularly wash their bags, allowing bacteria like E.coli and fecal coliform to grow inside.
The poll also found that 78% of those who use reusable bags on a regular basis, do so because they believe “they are better for the environment.” However, new findings from the Environment Agency of England show a reusable bag has to be used 11 times to have a lower global warming potential than a plastic bag if it is not reused. If a plastic bag is reused for household purposes like lining a trash can or cleaning up after the dog – as 93% of those polled claim they reuse their bags for – a polypropylene reusable bag would have to be reused 26 times to equal the low environmental impact of one plastic bag.
What the Environment Agency study doesn’t take into account are the amount of resources used when reusable bags are washed, which is vital to keeping the bags safe and clean. According to ORC’s polling, 53% of Americans are unaware of high levels of bacteria found in some reusable bags, which is probably why more than half of the people who do their grocery shopping with reusable bags do not regularly wash them. This is despite the fact that a recent study from the University of Arizona found that more than half of the bags tested came up positive for coliform, while 11 percent tested positive for E. coli.
“Americans have been goaded into using reusable bags by green activist groups and lawmakers with a belief that they are better for the environment and safer for consumers, but in reality it is much more complicated,” said J. Justin Wilson, CCF’s Senior Research Analyst. “Policies that would tax or ban plastic bags are just another example of politicians and activists hastily pushing feel-good measures that create a myriad of unintended consequences.”
So it seems that the liebrals are out to poison our families once again.

On the other hand they make plastic bags so cheaply now, you can't make it out to the car without them tearing and dumping your groceries on the ground.

So I've made my own out of bleachable canvas.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-03-2013 11:55 PM

Trust me, before long the demoncrats will be forcing us to carry their shopping bags. :thumbdown:

august 03-05-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 983299)
Well the good people at Consumer Freedom have this to say about the evils of "reusable bags"

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/2011/...reusable-bags/

So it seems that the liebrals are out to poison our families once again.

On the other hand they make plastic bags so cheaply now, you can't make it out to the car without them tearing and dumping your groceries on the ground.

So I've made my own out of bleachable canvas.

Now I'm completely confused. I used them but I admit I don't wash them. Maybe I'll start washing them now. But then I could use plastic ones to line trash cans instead of buying separate trash can liners.

BelieverInGod 03-05-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by august (Post 983619)
Now I'm completely confused. I used them but I admit I don't wash them. Maybe I'll start washing them now. But then I could use plastic ones to line trash cans instead of buying separate trash can liners.

Most of the so called "green movement" is just busy work for you while the powers that be do whatever it is they do.

Yes, I too used to use the plastic bags as trash liners, but as I said, now they can't make it to the car with your groceries without falling apart. So, like you, I have to buy separate trash liners.

I would use plastic bags if they were available. Ask for paper and they just stare at you like your speaking a foreign language. So I sewed up some good canvas bags for myself.

Nobar King 03-05-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Consumers Unaware of Excessive Lead
I read the story several times and there was nothing about lead in reusable bags. Did they just throw that in there to scare people?

BelieverInGod 03-05-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 983628)
I read the story several times and there was nothing about lead in reusable bags. Did they just throw that in there to scare people?

From one of their own liebral sources

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wil...r-to-call-fo-0

Some sites seem to say 10% of the bags have lead, others say up to 25% of the bags out there have lead.

But of course because they're "green" it's a magic lead that won't do any harm. Not like the lead in gasoline or in paint. That's the "evil" lead.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2010/11...amination.html

Pastor Ezekiel 03-05-2013 04:24 AM

Anything that's "green" is in fact, communistic. :thumbdown:

Nobar King 03-05-2013 04:28 AM

I know how people are getting all this crap on to their re-usable bags. They're tossing them in to the back of the car where the dog rides and tracks all kinds of fecal matter. I can't imagine why anyone would let their dog ride in their car, much less sit on the sofa or the bed. Dogs belong in the back of a pickup truck or outside in a dog house.

Just because your dog licks his nuts all the time doesn't mean he's clean. When you let your dog out to take a crap he kicks it all around with his paws and then comes running back inside to track that shit all over your house.

Paragon of virtue 03-05-2013 05:35 AM

I would also point out that getting bags that will last over and over again puts you in league with Satan himself.

Isaiah 14:14

By choosing bags that can be used indefinitely, you are in fact making the claim that you are immortal, and that is a claim that God alone can make.

Psalm 144:4

I Corinthians 15:22

No, my friends, we should not mock God by investing our treasure in things that will last us 'forever' because we don't have 'forever'. When we use disposable plastic and paper bags we are showing the Lord that we understand that we are finite beings that are not long for this world.

BelieverInGod 03-05-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon of virtue (Post 983659)
I would also point out that getting bags that will last over and over again puts you in league with Satan himself.

Isaiah 14:14

By choosing bags that can be used indefinitely, you are in fact making the claim that you are immortal, and that is a claim that God alone can make.

Psalm 144:4

I Corinthians 15:22

No, my friends, we should not mock God by investing our treasure in things that will last us 'forever' because we don't have 'forever'. When we use disposable plastic and paper bags we are showing the Lord that we understand that we are finite beings that are not long for this world.

I have no problem with using plastic bags. I DO have a problem with stores charging for them and the fact that they're so thin that they fall apart before you can get across the parking lot without your groceries ending up all over the ground.

Is there a way to get the stores to go back to using "Good" plastic bags? Or should we use garbage bags?

lukasekman 03-05-2013 01:19 PM

Plastic bags are made of oil, which is a natural product that God have given us. Oil have no negative effects on the environment or health. Plastic bags are also an excellent fuel for heating and cooking.

Reusable bags are just more job, compare waste separation. The green movement is an extension of the Keynesian/Kenyan economic ideas of making people busy with non-productive tasks to distract them from Jesus.

Cranky Old Man 03-05-2013 03:16 PM

Recycling is clearly for America hating hippies. Let them practice recycling by eating their own poop to punish them for voting for Obama.

I never trusted plastic bags though, as the Bible doesn't mentions them. If a wicker basket was good enough for Mozes, it's good enough for my groceries.

TheWaySatanMakeMeFeel 03-09-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 983706)
Recycling is clearly for America hating hippies. Let them practice recycling by eating their own poop to punish them for voting for Obama.

I never trusted plastic bags though, as the Bible doesn't mentions them. If a wicker basket was good enough for Mozes, it's good enough for my groceries.

Of course Bible don't talk about them, because they don't exist 2000 years ago, and we must recycle, this world is really damaged thanks to some people irresponsability, natural resources are not eternal and we need to be responsable with them

Remember that God created plants, animals and human beings to live together, we must learn to respect this world He created, if we don't stop throwing garbage, firing forests or destroying plants we'll finally stop existing. Religion should be the major reason to protect the enviroment, because is one of the biggest treasures we have, apart from our lives

Basilissa 03-09-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWayYouMakeMeFeel (Post 984703)
Remember that God created plants, animals and human beings to live together, we must learn to respect this world He created, if we don't stop throwing garbage, firing forests or destroying plants we'll finally stop existing. Religion should be the major reason to protect the enviroment, because is one of the biggest treasures we have, apart from our lives

Could you back up your claims with some appropriate quotes from the Bible? Because I don't see anything about "respecting" there:

Genesis 2:28: "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Didymus Much 03-09-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWayYouMakeMeFeel (Post 984703)
...Religion should be the major reason to protect the enviroment, because is one of the biggest treasures we have, apart from our lives

Huh? Ok, it's now obvious that you've never read the Bible. It says Jesus is coming back soon, so why should Christians bother to look after the planet?

TheWaySatanMakeMeFeel 03-09-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 984715)
Could you back up your claims with some appropriate quotes from the Bible? Because I don't see anything about "respecting" there:

Genesis 2:28: "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

And I don't see nothing in that verse that say that we mustn't respect nature. Have dominion over something is do what is the best for that, just like a king must do what is better for his people. Being a leader is much more than do whatever you want, is being a role model, be respectful and give protection, and maybe you don't want to be that, but some people in fact want to do what is the best for our world

I don't see the sin in that, I'm sorry but is the truth

Dr Laurence Niles 03-09-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWayYouMakeMeFeel (Post 984751)
And I don't see nothing in that verse that say that we mustn't respect nature. Have dominion over something is do what is the best for that, just like a king must do what is better for his people. Being a leader is much more than do whatever you want, is being a role model, be respectful and give protection, and maybe you don't want to be that, but some people in fact want to do what is the best for our world

I don't see the sin in that, I'm sorry but is the truth

No.

'Have dominion over' means to grind into the ground to expedite one's own wishes.

What do you think marriage is all about?

YIC

TheWaySatanMakeMeFeel 03-10-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 984753)
No.

'Have dominion over' means to grind into the ground to expedite one's own wishes.

What do you think marriage is all about?

YIC

I want to see you if someday Obama turns into some kind of dictator and wish to do whatever he wants with you, maybe even kill you and your family if you can't pay your taxes. He's your president so he must do what is better for you and the country, he knows it and do it. Remeber that a great power brings a great responsability

Marriage is not about have dominion, is a bond of love, devotion, respect and loyalty towards your wife or husband. If you take to desicion to get married you must have all those things. Marriage is not an obligation or a business but an important life choice you made with the person you love. Please don't try to turn something so beautiful into something gross because you can't

Pastor Ezekiel 03-10-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWaySatanMakeMeFeel (Post 984766)
I want to see you if someday Obama turns into some kind of dictator and wish to do whatever he wants with you, maybe even kill you and your family....

Stop right there, seniorita. Barack Obama already IS a dictator! Aren't you paying attention? :o