The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Divine Providence and Omniscience - 1st Peter 1:20 (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=21974)

Pastor Rune Enoe 05-12-2009 01:06 PM

Divine Providence and Omniscience - 1st Peter 1:20

Atheists often claim that God somehow was partly to blame for Adam and Eve's disobedience.

These ungodly sinners like to point out that it was God, who created Adam and Eve as imperfect beings, it was God who created the talking serpent, it was God who failed to guard the Tree of Knowledge (until after the fact), it was God, who closed His omniscient eyes while sin crept in, and in the end it was the all-powerful God, who blamed His botched creations for His own blunders.

They even go as far as to compare God with an irresponsible parent, who leaves his little children alone playing with a loaded gun. :angry:

If only these sinners would crack open their Bibles (KJV1611) and look up the first epistle of Peter, the apostle of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1 Peter 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

As you can plainly see, God leaves NOTHING to coincidence.

Notice the words "before the foundation of the world" -- i.e. before God had created Adam, Eva, the tree, the serpent and Hell.

God knew beforehand that the serpent would seduce Eve, and that the Original Sin would send each and every human into Hell. Otherwise He wouldn't have created Hell in the first place, would He?

But before God created all these things, He had in His unfathomable providence foreordained Jesus as "a lamb without blemish and without spot", so that we could be redeemed (1 Peter 1:18) "with the precious blood of Christ" (1 Peter 1:19).

If that isn't foresight, I don't know what foresight is. :jesus:

Larry Lee 05-21-2009 09:19 AM

Re: Divine Providence and Omniscience - 1st Peter 1:20

Good teaching, brother. I would only add that when it comes to our individual salvation, I take great comfort in Paul's words to the Ephesians (1:4 and 2:8):

"According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love."

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."

Salvation is a gift of God's grace, which He awarded to us before the foundation of the world. It doesn't get more foresighted than that!

David Goldman 09-03-2009 02:50 PM

Re: Divine Providence and Omniscience - 1st Peter 1:20

I think this deserves a bump, as I have seen some other discussions of late where God's omniscience has been questioned. It is awesome to see that God's intellect is not limited by our puny brains, and out inability to comprehend His might :D