The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should we trust this black fella? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=77870)

Faith_Machine 05-14-2012 05:47 AM

Should we trust this black fella?

This colored preacher really seems to teach a sound doctrine, and I'm very inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I do tend to be one of those people who's too trusting. Therefore, I thought I should put the question to you folks before I think about inviting him over for dinner or attending one of his sermons.

'The greatest mistake America made was allowing women to vote': Outrage over Fox News guest's sermon

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...80_468x286.jpg

Quote:

A frequent Fox News guest has drawn wide condemnation for saying women should have never been given the right to vote.

In a sermon that was posted on YouTube in March, Rev Jesse Lee Peterson said women are leading the United States down a path of wickedness because they have too much political power.

Fox News host Sean Hannity has invited Rev Peterson on his show several times, including after the video was posted, and sits on the board of the conservative activist's organization.

The remark seemed to draw disagreement, if not condemnation, from Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch, who tweeted: 'When? Women voting is best thing in a hundred years.'

Rev Peterson's fiery statement had drawn immense criticism.

'I think that one of the greatest mistakes America made was to allow women the opportunity to vote,' Peterson said in the sermon.

'We should’ve never turned this over to women. It was a big mistake... And these women are voting in the wrong people. They’re voting in people who are evil who agrees (sic) with them who’re gonna take us down this pathway of destruction.

'And this probably was the reason that they didn't allow women to vote when men were men. Because men, in the good old days, understood the nature of the woman. They were not afraid to deal with it and they understood that if they let them take over, this is what would happen.'

Rev Peterson is no stranger to controversial statements. He has previously said 'thank God for slavery' because it brought the Africans to live in the United States, the 'greatest country in the world.'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...29_468x286.jpg

He has also said: 'Barack Obama hates white people, especially white men.'

He has been quoted saying men should be legally allowed to hit their wives and that he wishes he could take 'all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working.'

Rev Peterson's comments about women come from his sermon called 'How most women are building a shameless society.'

During the 12-minute speech, he says women are incapable of making good decisions because they are too emotional.

'You walk up to them with a issue, they freak out right away. They go nuts. They get mad. They get upset, just like that. They have no patience because it’s not in their nature. They don’t have love. They don’t have love,' he said.

When he appeared on Fox News last week at the invitation of Sean Hannity, Democratic commentator Kirsten Power confronted him for the sermon and called his words 'misogynistic.'

He replied: “I have a responsibility to tell the truth. You’re on the side of lies. Why shouldn’t I be on the side of truth? And it’s the truth that’s gonna make us free. Somebody gotta tell the truth, so I’m going to tell the truth.'

Friends, I've gone through this boy's statements with a fine-toothed comb, and I haven't been able to find even one problem. Quite frankly, I'm inclined to extend an invitation for him to come on over and have dinner at my place.

I figure this should be OK, right? I mean, it's not like I'm planning to use the good silverware or leave any money lying out in the open.

ExGay Alex 05-14-2012 06:36 AM

Re: Should we trust this black fella?

An absolutely brilliant sermon. Biblically he is right on the money. And the fact that I support him is proof that I am not racist, as some have alleged.

Redeemed Papist 05-14-2012 06:56 AM

That guy is well on the way to becoming an ex negro. This just goes to show that our open and tolerant stance on race issues occasionally bears fruit despite all the nay sayers who try to insist that race is something you are born with. Funnily enough, they are generally the people who also insist that gayness is something you are born with and that women are more than just a help meet.

Landover shines forth as being in tune with those who strive to rise above the expectations of secular society that people should not strive to be more Godly but should instead make excuses for sin and be uppity feminazis.

WilliamJenningsBryan 05-14-2012 07:53 AM

From time to time the Holy Spirit infuses the occasional nigra with the Light of the Lord. It is a rare thing, but when it happens it makes me want to shout "Praise Jesus".

Billy Bob Jenkins 05-14-2012 10:46 AM

@ Faith

I think it would be fine to contact him, but make sure you ask him straight out whether he is a fan of the sodomy before extending your invitation. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about, but it never hurts to get these things in writing, just in case he rapes your family. Negros like anal as much as anyone else.

James Hutchins 05-14-2012 12:23 PM

I also suggest getting references. Do any decent God Fearing pure folk know him? I say this from personal experiences. You do not want a fast talking nigra to trick you into showering with them repeatedly.

Ezekiel Bathfire 05-14-2012 12:33 PM

Oh that is so cute! A nigra saying them Godly things. Do you think someone trained him?

Has anyone seen that video of a monkey doing puzzles on a computer, just like a real man?! It really is good.

Mary Etheldreda 05-14-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 885399)
Oh that is so cute! A nigra saying them Godly things. Do you think someone trained him?

Brother, could it be a miracle like when God spoke through Balaam's ass? (Numbers 22:30)

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-17-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 885489)
Brother, could it be a miracle like when God spoke through Balaam's ass? (Numbers 22:30)

An interesting suggestion, Sister! But whose ass is this fellow? :hmmm:

John Creeser 05-17-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Rev Peterson is no stranger to controversial statements. He has previously said 'thank God for slavery' because it brought the Africans to live in the United States, the 'greatest country in the world.'
THANK YOU!! Finally a Son of Ham who "gets" it. Take that all you uppity negroes who think slavery was a bad thing. If it wasn't for slavery you'd all be back throwing spears in Africa rather than enjoying an all American Big Mac!

Quote:

He has been quoted saying men should be legally allowed to hit their wives and that he wishes he could take 'all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working.'
Quoted for the Truth!!! A good friend of mine stopped hiring negroes because as soon as they ate their lunch they simply didn't want to work anymore. Maybe all that grease from the KFC?

You know, this Rev Jesse Lee Peterson could possibly be my favorite negro to date.

@Faith. As a precaution you may want to use plastic forks and paper plates for this occasion. Also, put elastic bands around your wallet, it makes it a lot harder to pick it out of your back pocket.:thumbsup:

Please give my regards to the good Reverend.

Faith_Machine 05-17-2012 08:02 PM

The Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson has responded to my e-mail! He phoned and said he would be delighted to sup with me next month when he is in the Bay Area!

I'm a little confused about one thing, though. He said he sure hopes I like hose, because he's planning to bring a few. I'm not sure if he was referring to garden hoses or stockings? I guess it must be some kind of cultural thing?

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-17-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith_Machine (Post 886810)
The Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson has responded to my e-mail! He phoned and said he would be delighted to sup with me next month when he is in the Bay Area!

I'm a little confused about one thing, though. He said he sure hopes I like hose, because he's planning to bring a few. I'm not sure if he was referring to garden hoses or stockings? I guess it must be some kind of cultural thing?

I hope he's not another of those transvestites. :glare:

Capt. Aaron Portway 05-17-2012 08:42 PM

A colored boy who makes Biblical sense? Well I'll be darned! The Lord certainly does work in mysterious ways.

WWJDnow 05-17-2012 09:45 PM

This goes to show you that being colored doesn't necessarily make you a shiftless, crime-prone, rap-loving idiot. There have been many negroes who rose above the station God gave to their race:

JC Watts
Clarence Thomas
Alan Keyes
Herman Cain
Mammy in Gone With The Wind
maybe Condoleeza Rice, though we'll have to let history decide in this case
and, now, this Peterson fellow

With luck, we may see a dozen or more good black people emerge in the new Century.

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 05-17-2012 10:38 PM

You know, this is just what I've been suspecting: that women are the ones trying to ruin the world. If you think of the great atrocities of the last century, I can't think of any that didn't have the delicate hand of a woman behind them.

Hitler had Eva Braun, and most likely she was the one that converted him to Catholicism, and the rest, as we know, is history.

Clinton had Monica Lewinsky.

Anna Nicole Smith ruined television.

The list goes on and on. Give a woman even a little power and she'll take a mile. It's sickening. Now my fields of study have never been economics, but as a card-carrying member of the GOP, I can only assume that if we repeal this misguided amendment, we would fix the economy! Brother Wash, am I wrong on this?

knob polisher 07-10-2014 05:43 AM

What about Godly Alan West??

Cranky Old Man 07-10-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop polisher (Post 1099814)

He steals pies.

knob polisher 07-11-2014 12:43 PM

What about Godly Michael Steele?

Steph Leia 07-12-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop polisher (Post 1099814)

Quote:

What about Godly Michael Steele?
Saying Godly in front of their name does not actually make them Godly. You do know this, don't you?

MitzaLizalor 07-12-2014 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop polisher (Post 1100034)
What about..

I'm always wary when people start sniffing in drawers. Perhaps you could explain if I'm missing something here?