The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Favorite Bible Verse (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47592)

Dan U. Holier 07-27-2011 11:48 AM

Re: Favorite Bible Verse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 774855)
No, only you. :angry:

(see my signature for details)

Exactly! God hates and punishes all those who don’t strictly follow his commandments and worship Him zealously!

While at it, here come my favorite Holy Bible verses:

“Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm, 137:9)

“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.” (Numbers, 31:17)

"...And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." (Joshua, 6:21)

Jack O'fagan 07-27-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan U. Holier (Post 778286)
Exactly! God hates and punishes all those who don’t strictly follow his commandments and worship Him zealously!

While at it, here come my favorite Holy Bible verses:

“Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm, 137:9)

“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.” (Numbers, 31:17)

"...And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." (Joshua, 6:21)

Those passages above are disgusting!

You should have used the KJV1611.

Jack

Dan U. Holier 07-27-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack O'fagan (Post 778293)
Those passages above are disgusting!

You should have used the KJV1611.

Jack

Oh my Lord! Indeed I made a grim mistake at Psalm, 137:9; I’m still learning righteous ways of True Christians. Thank you for correcting me; I’ll pray to God to forgive me this transgression.

“Happy shall he be, that takes and dashes your little ones against the stones” (Psalm, 137:9)

:jesus-stoning:

Jack O'fagan 07-27-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan U. Holier (Post 778309)
Oh my Lord! Indeed I made a grim mistake at Psalm, 137:9; I’m still learning righteous ways of True Christians. Thank you for correcting me; I’ll pray to God to forgive me this transgression.

“Happy shall he be, that takes and dashes your little ones against the stones” (Psalm, 137:9)

:jesus-stoning:

There, that's much better. :thumbsup:

YiC

Jack

One True Religion 09-11-2011 06:29 AM

My all time favorite verse is Ezekiel 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

Clearly stating that all those that are unbaptized when adult are hellbound.

FundieJezuzfreek 09-17-2011 07:12 PM

Psalms 137:8-9 - 8 O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us 9 he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

Leviticus 20:13 ? "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Hosea 13:16 - "16 The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

WalkingTheWay 09-18-2011 09:55 AM

I absolutely love all of Psalm 150. But if I were to choose one verse out of it, it'd be....4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.:innocent:

Ezekiel Bathfire 09-18-2011 10:40 AM

A suitable verse, but one that must be taken in context otherwise you could sound like some hippie, liberal, happy-clappy, cafeteria-style, false Christian, which you would not want.

Psalm 150 is the last psalm and has its origins in Psalm 144 where the Psalmist starts off the reasons why God should be praised:

Psalms:144:1: Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: [commentary EB: Here we see that God is on our side and everyone else is best dead.]
Psalms:144:2: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. [commentary EB: Here we see that God wants us to have obedient slaves.]
[…]
Psalms:144:7: Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;
Psalms:144:8: Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
[commentary EB: Obviously in those days they had a lot of trouble with strange children, and the way to get rid of them was by requests through prayer, later it became the fashion to have them eaten by bears*]
Psalms:144:9: I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.
[commentary EB: and this is where your verse has its origins]

:thumbsup:

* 2Ki:2:23: And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
2Ki:2:24: And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

thefather 10-05-2011 08:51 PM

Great! honestly!! All the Bible is great for me. GOD has me read it every day and night. When HE first brought me through alot of things, helped me understand what HE wanted, and how to deal with this world. I would say these verses applied and still do apply in ministry:

James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 Corinthians 1:25-31
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Luke 6:27-45
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the [one] cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not [to take thy] coat also.
30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask [them] not again.
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34 And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil.
36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

John 10:1-21
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
21 Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

paul5557 10-14-2011 09:13 PM

mine is mark 11 12-14
' And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.'

GOD HATES FIGS

Squire Robertsson 10-15-2011 08:52 PM

Eph 2:8-9

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Redeemed Papist 10-15-2011 09:27 PM

Matthew 7:21-23 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Deaner 10-29-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefather (Post 802885)
Great! honestly!! All the Bible is great for me. GOD has me read it every day and night. When HE first brought me through alot of things, helped me understand what HE wanted, and how to deal with this world. I would say these verses applied and still do apply in ministry:

James 1:2-4...

cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

Cloven 11-05-2011 08:52 PM

Matthew 6:25-34

Nobar King 11-05-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloven (Post 813068)
Matthew 6:25-34

You could bother to spend one minute to describe how this passage means to you.

Cloven 11-05-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 813081)
You could bother to spend one minute to describe how this passage means to you.

Why should I? I'm ''unsaved trash'' anways so I'm sure what it means to me won't matter.

Zechariah Smyth 11-05-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloven (Post 813087)
Why should I? I'm ''unsaved trash'' anways so I'm sure what it means to me won't matter.

Do you want to STAY Unsaved Trash? We are doing everything we can to saved your damned soul, and you are fighting us like a rabid mongoose hopped up on maryjane.

:badmood:

And WHY do we go to all if this effort, fruitless though much of it is? Because GOD thinks you are worth it, and He COMMANDS us to do so!

(**1 Thessalonians 5:14) "Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men."

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
Posted via Mobile Device

bigredcliff 01-27-2012 02:04 PM

For me, it's got to be Psalm 19: :)

1 ok guyz so liek dat hole in ceiling makez me worship Ceiling Cat.
2 evry nite he iz liek come into hoal n watch me masturbate n stuffz.
3 He nevar talkz or makez noize
4 but I no he watchez n mebbe vidyo tapez. Hole in ceiling == Ceiling Cat'z home.
5 In moarning he iz liek "4 shayme" but lukz happy n e wai.
6 No lolcatz hied from hiz watchingz.
7 OK so wat Ceiling Cat sez goez. He iz alwais rite.
8 liek srsly alwaiz. u lissen u be happyz and den it can be hugz time.
9 Ceiling Cat alwaiz fair n stuffz. liek alwaiz bow 2 him.
10 Srsly! moar want Ceiling Cat commandzmentz than cookiez or cheezburgerz!
11 Dey makez me smartcat n I getz prezentz foar obaying liek at crissmus!
12 we all haz invizible errorz but Ceiling Cat fixez dem withowt voiding warranty. plz be mah geeksquad, Ceiling Cat!
13 n dun let meh bez evul on porpoise. den I beez purrrfect.
14 OK srsly Celing Cat! Plz luv me n givez meh cheezburgerz. kkthxbai

Let me know your thoughts guys! <3 Ceiling Cat! x:wub:

Mary Etheldreda 01-27-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigredcliff (Post 842211)
Let me know your thoughts guys! <3 Ceiling Cat! x:wub:

Yuck it up now, Chuckles, while you can.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 53:1

sepulcher5 01-29-2012 07:26 AM

Here's your favourite bible right here....

Leviticus 20:13 -And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."-

Deutoronomy 22:20-21 -"If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you."-

Samuel 15: 2-3 -This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”-

Ezekiel 9:5-6 -As I listened, he said to the others, “Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary.” So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple.-

Jeremiah 19:9 -9And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.-

-Zechariah 14:2, Leviticus 25:46, Exodus:12:29- God permits and endorses rape, slavery and mass murder

Such a mercifull and forgiving god, he will be our guide to morality for centuries to come! (Irony if you haven't figured it out)