The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Romans 2:14-16 - Denial of God's Word is an Exercise in Self-Deception (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=81490)

Jedediah 08-16-2012 03:43 AM

Romans 2:14-16 - Denial of God's Word is an Exercise in Self-Deception

As it is written, every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is LORD (Romans 14:11). Notice that this does not say that "all Christians" or "everyone who makes the cut into Heaven" shall confess that Christ is LORD.

EVERY knee shall bow, and EVERY tongue shall confess, even if it is accompanying a desperate cry for an end to the eternal torments of the pit of hell.

Even avowed atheists, whether they like it or not, have the Law of God written on their hearts - yet further proof that they are deluded fools, lying even unto their selves.

Romans 2:14-16
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Pay attention, atheists. The Law is written on your heart. You WILL confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. You don't have to burn in hell. Do yourselves a favor, stop being stiffnecked, and pull your heads out of your asses. We want you to turn your lives around and become Christians, so that you may join us in Heaven.

Amen.

Levi Jones 08-16-2012 05:05 AM

Re: Romans 2:14-16 - Denial of God's Word is an Exercise in Self-Deception

Shout glory. Hallelujah Hosanna to the highest, brother. Inspired preaching.

Get on your knees for Jesus now or later. It's your choice. But no matter what, it's going to happen.

Pastor Ezekiel 08-16-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedediah (Post 919192)

EVERY knee shall bow, and EVERY tongue shall confess, even if it is accompanying a desperate cry for an end to the eternal torments of the pit of hell.

Shout GLORY! EVERY KNEE shall bow! :yahoo:

Rev. Edward Clement 08-16-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

As it is written, every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is LORD (Romans 14:11). Notice that this does not say that "all Christians" or "everyone who makes the cut into Heaven" shall confess that Christ is LORD.

Even avowed atheists, whether they like it or not, have the Law of God written on their hearts - yet further proof that they are deluded fools, lying even unto their selves.

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Pay attention, atheists. The Law is written on your heart. You WILL confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. You don't have to burn in hell. Do yourselves a favor, stop being stiffnecked, and pull your heads out of your asses. We want you to turn your lives around and become Christians, so that you may join us in Heaven.

Amen.

Amen! Preach it Brother!

This is the absolute Truth as it is shown in the Word of God©. Resist, though the heathen may, it is of no use and there is absolutely nothing that the heathen can do to stop the evermighty WILL of Jesus, absolutely.

As the Lord tells us in His Word®:

Isaiah
55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Praise Jesus!

GLORY!!

Billy Bob Jenkins 08-16-2012 07:31 AM

Even if it is only as the intumescent tallywacker of Satan is plunged deeply into your anus, rupturing your colon with a sudden burst of boiling semen, every knee will surely bend.

Levi Jones 08-16-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 919267)
Even if it is only as the intumescent tallywacker of Satan is plunged deeply into your anus, rupturing your colon with a sudden burst of boiling semen, every knee will surely bend.

And then how they'll scream out Jesus' name, brother! :yahoo:

How I can't wait for that day. Don't tarry Lord!

Jack O'fagan 08-16-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Amen.

This should be posted EVERYWHERE! This crushes every deluded atheist argument I have ever heard. If this was translated in arabic it would be great to leaflet drop the muslim countries with this as well. I can imagine the joy on their dirty, wrinkled faces as they receive the good news,

YIC

Jack

Baxter Gladwell III 01-12-2014 12:49 AM

AMEN. This really reinforces and drives home the point that Paul was making in the previous chapter of his letter to the Romans, that it is NOT EVEN POSSIBLE to TRULY DISBELIEVE in the LORD. It would be like me saying right now, "LOOK AT ME! I'M NOT TYPING ON A COMPUTER! THE AMERICAN ENGLISH LANGUAGE DOES NOT EVEN EXIST! ALL THESE WORDS ON THE SCREEN JUST HAPPENED BY ACCIDENT! THERE IS NO MEANING TO LIFE!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROMANS 1:18-25
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

see_the_light 01-12-2014 01:01 AM

It is but the truest of truths.

How many times have I seen them hesitating and stuttering until they were on their knees and their sinful tongues finally said: JESUS!

PRAISE THE LORD!

Christian_soldier 01-12-2014 09:02 PM

Fools, the lot of them. This is what the God of the Bible has in store for these sinners who deny his very existence. There are some more passages in Romans where God warns denialists and atheists with dire consequences.

Quote:

Romans 2:1 - THEREFORE, thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoeuer thou art wherein thou iudgest another, thou condemnest thy selfe, for thou that iudgest doest the same things.
Notice, how God says it's an inexcusable crime to judge another person. Only God has the authority to judge anyone. When unrighteous humans usurp upon themselves the right to judge God's word, they're clearly in violation of God's command and condemning themselves to an eternity in Hell.

Quote:

Romans 2:2 - But wee are sure that the iudgement of God is according to trueth, against them which commit such things.
Truer words were never spoken. Fall out of favor with God and you're bound to be judged by him. And you won't like it when he pronounces the guilty verdict. :bomb:

Quote:

Romans 2:3 - And thinkest thou this, O man, that iudgest them which doe such things, and doest the same, that thou shall escape the iudgement of God

As earlier.

Quote:

Romans 2:4 - Or despisest thou the riches of his goodnesse, and forbearance, and long suffering, not knowing that the goodnes of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Turn your back on God and you have despised his goodness, forbearance, long suffering for you. At your own risk, Atheists.

Quote:

Romans 2:5 - But after thy hardnesse, and impenitent heart, treasurest vp vnto thy selfe wrath, against the day of wrath, and reuelation of the righteous iudgement of God
By reneging on the word of God, you're slowly building His wrath against you, God-mockers. Do it at your own peril