The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A Question About Pie (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=99231)

Esther B. 05-16-2014 01:52 PM

A Question About Pie

Hello ladies!

My father told me last night that a Godly young man has taken an interest in me and would like to try my pie. The only problem is that I only know how to make chocolate pecan pie, so I'm not sure if it would be appropriate.

Are there any other pies that I should try to make for the young man? My father told me that the young man refuses to eat any apple pie that isn't made by his mother or grandmother, so apple might not be the best idea at this point in time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Basilissa 05-16-2014 07:55 PM

Re: A Question About Pie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1089188)
Hello ladies!

My father told me last night that a Godly young man has taken an interest in me and would like to try my pie. The only problem is that I only know how to make chocolate pecan pie, so I'm not sure if it would be appropriate.

Are there any other pies that I should try to make for the young man? My father told me that the young man refuses to eat any apple pie that isn't made by his mother or grandmother, so apple might not be the best idea at this point in time.

When you bake your chocolate pecan pie (pics please! it sounds delicious), I hope you make your own crust, because with that skill you can bake any pie. My favorite is the apple pie, and our Godly Men agree - they practically devour it. My secret is, well, butter. You can cheat your way out of calories (if you feel the need to do so, and your father approves) by putting less sugar, replacing sugar with a substitute, or using whole wheat flour, but you cannot mess with butter. :)

Mother Of Seven 05-16-2014 09:24 PM

The best of luck with this, Esther! Let us know if he asks your father for your hand in marriage. How exciting!

WWJDnow 05-16-2014 09:28 PM

Just to provide a man's perspective on this, if you have a cherry pie, I'd go with that. Men also like various kinds of cream pies.

Didymus Much 05-16-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1089252)
Just to provide a man's perspective on this, if you have a cherry pie, I'd go with that. Men also like various kinds of cream pies.

Yeah, but the chocolate pie she mentioned, I'm not so sure of, especially with nuts in it. :hmmm:

But I'll try anything once.

arthur frayn 05-17-2014 05:17 PM

Your standard pecan pie is what this man prefers, over all others.

JoyfulNoise 05-17-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1089188)
Hello ladies!

Hi Esther!

I think that it could be totally appropriate to bake him a chocolate pecan pie. That sounds amazing! I would avoid cherry pie, and try not to impose with apple pie. Maybe you could avoid pie all together and make some cookies? My fiance loved the cookies I baked when I first met him. If you like, I could send you a link :thumbsup:!

I wish both of y'all the best, and tell us what you decide to do :bye:.

BaptistBethany 05-18-2014 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My husband loves my Cherry Pie, so I vote for Cherry Pie.

Pastor Ezekiel 05-18-2014 05:14 AM

The answer is: Blueberry Pie. :thumbsup:

Mary Thompson 05-18-2014 08:22 AM

Chocolate Pecan pie should be good for now. But what happens when you get married? You must be prepared to learn more pie recipes. After all, you don't want to be repetitive in your cooking. So also practice some apple pies, cherry pies, blueberry pies, etc to hone your wifely skills.
In Christ,
MT.

Miracle Hope 05-20-2014 03:37 AM

If I could suggest something... A good pie my father likes is the Pegasus pie. And in October when that comes around we make this pumpkin cake with Heath bars, whipped cream, and of course pumpkin! But for now my mother and I make a grand peach pie.

Mother Of Seven 05-20-2014 04:44 AM

A Pegasus pie? Is that a horse meat pie?

Miracle Hope 05-20-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1089905)
A Pegasus pie? Is that a horse meat pie?

No. I live in Kentucky so every year when the Derby swings around we make a Pegasus pie. See:
http://https://www.google.com/search...ml%3B960%3B720

Esther B. 05-20-2014 01:27 PM

Wow, so many suggestions!

Thank you, everyone! I've made a list of the pies that everyone has suggested and I'm looking up recipes for them so I can bring them with me if I end up marrying the man.

So far, I have all of the ingredients for the pie crust, so I'm thinking of making a few crusts and freezing them for future use so I can spend more time on the filling. Would that be appropriate since I'm not using store-bought crust?

Miracle Hope 05-20-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1089959)

Thank you, everyone! I've made a list of the pies that everyone has suggested and I'm looking up recipes for them so I can bring them with me if I end up marrying the man.

So far, I have all of the ingredients for the pie crust, so I'm thinking of making a few crusts and freezing them for future use so I can spend more time on the filling. Would that be appropriate since I'm not using store-bought crust?

My mom and I do that. We also have meat, peppers, soup, and sauce frozen for future use as well.

Basilissa 05-21-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1089959)

Personally, I would never do that (the difference between fresh and frozen crust is too noticeable for my palate), but it's your choice, of course. :)
However, if you have one of these handy kitchen aid things, you really don't spend that much time making the crust in the first place.

Des 05-21-2014 01:50 AM

Nobody mentioned Peanut Butter pie?

Elmer G. White 05-21-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 1090123)
Nobody mentioned Peanut Butter pie?

...or rhubarb which I enjoy especially in the springtime. Raw rhubarb is also excellent stuff to cleanse my boys' mouths if they happen to retort into ungodly utterances. This happens fortunately less and less often.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1403/...ee8188d5aa.jpg

Yours in Christ,

Elmer:bye:

Alvin Moss 05-21-2014 03:38 AM

Pecan pie is the best, of course, but any pie can be delicious, except possibly sweet potato pie, which is loathsome. Pumpkin pie has it's place, but it is most useful to decoy people away from the pecan pie, or other types of pie.

Basilissa 05-21-2014 03:53 AM

Freshly out of the oven, "I love LBC" apple pie.

http://s21.postimg.cc/dilm89t5z/basilissa_pie10.jpg

All True Christians™ are welcome to come by and have a piece. :)