The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Easter is About Jesus - Period! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   To Be A Happy Family, Relive the Blood, Gore and Death of Jesus. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=88642)

Johny Joe Hold 03-24-2013 07:15 PM

To Be A Happy Family, Relive the Blood, Gore and Death of Jesus.

We at Landover Baptist have always known this. Now, others are discovering it:

Happy families relive terrible things that have happened. This Easter, tell your children about the nails in Jesus' wrists. Tell them about the pain he felt as they lifted the Cross and how he cried out in anguish. You will all feel better.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-...tml?ref=topbar

BelieverInGod 03-25-2013 01:03 AM

Re: To Be A Happy Family, Relive the Blood, Gore and Death of Jesus.

As usual, we'll be watching "The Passion of the Christ". I don't think there's another movie out there that embraces it so well.

Johny Joe Hold 03-25-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 989234)
As usual, we'll be watching "The Passion of the Christ". I don't think there's another movie out there that embraces it so well.

The Passion of Christ is a wonderful documentary. If I recall, it has a full nine minutes of Jesus being whipped.

You just can't find family bonding films like that anymore.

Paragon of virtue 03-25-2013 09:44 AM

A-men! I try to watch Passion of the Christ every year around this time. I think it puts a real face on the suffering and you can see for yourself what Jesus put Himself through for you. Think about that the next time you are tempted to sin.

Zechariah Smyth 03-25-2013 10:25 AM

We also watch The Passion of the Christ on Easter, but I just can't stand the way Mel Gibson sugarcoated the whole thing.

:thumbdown:

The movie is, what, 2 hours long? The whole thing started Thursday night, and Jesus wasn't nailed to the cross until noon on Friday, and He didn't die for a few hours.

HELLO???? Why did you take out (roughly) 11 hours of His suffering, Mr. Gibson? What are you trying to hide?

:badmood:

I even looked in the Special Features to see if there were deleted scenes that would account for this glaring omission.

Nope.

:(

YiC,

Zech

P.S. Monica Belucci is a whore.

Alterboy 03-25-2013 12:21 PM

I shall be watching the Passion Of The Christ with my 11 nephews and 15 nieces.

Dr. Isaiah Jones 03-25-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 989327)
We also watch The Passion of the Christ on Easter, but I just can't stand the way Mel Gibson sugarcoated the whole thing.

The movie is, what, 2 hours long? The whole thing started Thursday night, and Jesus wasn't nailed to the cross until noon on Friday, and He didn't die for a few hours.

HELLO???? Why did you take out (roughly) 11 hours of His suffering, Mr. Gibson? What are you trying to hide?

I even looked in the Special Features to see if there were deleted scenes that would account for this glaring omission.

Nope.

YiC,

Zech

You should get the special uncut version. It has several more hours of uncensored torture footage which makes it ideal for demonstrating to the kids how Jesus suffered by the hands of the jews. We watch it every easter right before dinner.

Johny Joe Hold 03-25-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Certainly, I agree with you, Brother Smyth, Mel did not reflect accurately the blood, pain and savageness of how Jesus died. But, the portrayal is so vicious and bloody it serves the purpose for family entertainment and family togetherness.

It warms my heart to think of all our families in Freehold watching this movie during the Easter period, children crying, wives pleading with their husbands to turn it off and husbands taking charge to see that everyone watch and grow in their faith.

It probably helps wives to see the violence by planting in their minds the consequences of not obeying their husbands.

Mary Etheldreda 03-25-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 989351)

It probably helps wives to see the violence by planting in their minds the consequences of not obeying their husbands.

Yes, indeed, it helps keep a lady's mind focused on her God-given duties (Ephesians 5:22). I also enjoy how it helps the little children understand just what we are celebrating. To see it like that makes it more real, concrete, in their little minds. Although, the nightmares it inspires! Oh boy! Screaming and sweating in the middle of the night! Such commotion.

:giggle:

John Creeser 03-25-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 989362)
Yes, indeed, it helps keep a lady's mind focused on her God-given duties (Ephesians 5:22). I also enjoy how it helps the little children understand just what we are celebrating. To see it like that makes it more real, concrete, in their little minds. Although, the nightmares it inspires! Oh boy! Screaming and sweating in the middle of the night! Such commotion.

:giggle:

I tried watching that last year with the boys for the first time. I spent the entire evening chasing them around the house, I have never heard so much blood curdling screaming, begging and whining in my life. As a True Christian™ father I was ashamed of them.

I am prepared this year, the boys WILL be watching it from beginning to end...oh yes, they will:angry:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...mLIht0q5bjy575

BelieverInGod 03-26-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Nope.

YiC,

Zech

Well Gibson is a catholic who has bought his own priest from the pope so that he can confess and be told that "God loves him no matter what" whenever he wants to.

I think God used him as a tool to get this movie made, but I don't think we'll be meeting up with Gibson in heaven.