The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Straight 4 Jesus! (Back Door Christians) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Fred Phelps is dead. Murdered? Assassinated? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97810)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-16-2014 12:47 PM

Fred Phelps is dead. Murdered? Assassinated?

Fred Phelps of Westborough Baptist church has died.

http://i.imgur.com/5w2qZVV.jpg
1935-2014

I regret that I had no time to speak to him before his death. We had our differences, silly things really. He was always a maverick, it seems he paid little attention to GOP strategy memos (like his eyes would just glaze over). He had a tendency towards undisciplined messaging, was not always a team player, and generally failed to stay on message.

As the ever-popular mainstream Republican radio host Dave Daubenmire explains, our differences are merely tactical, and therefore temporary:

All of the controversy about him is because he's was ahead of his time.

But what I want to know is, who did it? Al Queda? The Lesbian Mafia? Is this another name on the Obama Bodycount?

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-16-2014 01:11 PM

Re: Fred Phelps is dead. Murdered? Assassinated?

Sad news indeed. As main-stream Churches go, this leaves only Landover Baptist to carry forth the Works of The Lord.

Fred was a shining star in a firmament of dross, liberal attitudes and blasphemy. His tireless work to ensure that all US citizens went to heaven stands as an enduring legacy to the Christian Movement and an example to us all. We must not seek personal approval, nor curry the popularism that is the path to the Gates of Hell, but we must hold on to the timeless values handed to us By God before, at and after the incident at Mount Horeb.

I only hope that Fred's work will continue through his off-spring: he was a prophet before his time and, like many prophets, was insufficiently appreciated in his own land. His tolerance and broad minded views with those who did not see the world as clearly as he is a lesson to us all.

His work picketing funerals of the military although masterly did much to harden the hearts of the godless but, despite set-backs, in a Job-like fashion he persisted in his faith - indeed it strengthened as gay-marriage swept the land like the plague that it is.

Although seen by many True Christians as liberal and over-forgiving, Fred's work are written in the Book of Life. He has been called home by His Maker and will sit at the perfectly formed Right Hand of God.

Your absence is and will be missed.

Godfly 03-16-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1073718)

1935-2014

?

He was too beautiful for this world. It's time for his son Shirley to step up now. He needs to cut of that pony tail and be the man his father wanted him to be.

Zechariah Smyth 03-16-2014 03:46 PM

I pray that Obama does the right thing and holds a state funeral for Mr. Phelps, and agrees to a national day (week?) of mourning.

Not holding my breath, though.

:(

James Hutchins 03-16-2014 05:13 PM

He was always a tad limp wristed for my tastes. I prefer real men who follow every Word of the Holy Bible without wavering. I'll admit though, he did somewhat try to be a Christian. At least he was not one of those fluffy bunny, go to Church only on Christmas ones.

Cranky Old Man 03-16-2014 05:25 PM

He was a fine American who understood the importance of fighting the gay terrorists from taking over. It's unfortunate he will burn in Hell for allowing women to talk.

Johny Joe Hold 03-16-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1073756)
I pray that Obama does the right thing and holds a state funeral for Mr. Phelps, and agrees to a national day (week?) of mourning.

Not holding my breath, though.

:(

I checked and the National Cathedral is available.

I suppose our so-called President would not show up--loving homers as he does.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-17-2014 12:21 AM

I remember caddying for old man Phelps when I was a boy, and he played 18 holes with my father (Pastor Lamentations Flint). He was full of God's Fire back then, but got soft in his dotage I think. I know it turned a lot of stomachs when he endorsed Al Gore over GWB.

I'm happy to inform you all that I was with Fred Phelps in his final hours, and finally convinced him to accept Christ Jesus as his personal Savior, and to become a True Christian™.

In fact, I was alone with him at the end, which was one of the more pleasurable experiences I've ever had. Praise Jesus. :gleam:

its_faith 03-17-2014 01:20 AM

He has not died yet as far as news reports I have seen. Let us pray he can spend some more time on this flat Earth with us.

Freddy Osborne 03-17-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1073718)

But what I want to know is, who did it? Al Queda? The Lesbian Mafia? Is this another name on the Obama Bodycount?

I have been studying HGTV lately. I would not rule out any of those addicted to rehab, brother on brother queersexuals.

Mother Of Seven 03-17-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1073938)
I'm happy to inform you all that I was with Fred Phelps in his final hours, and finally convinced him to accept Christ Jesus as his personal Savior, and to become a True Christian™.

In fact, I was alone with him at the end, which was one of the more pleasurable experiences I've ever had. Praise Jesus. :gleam:

Hallelujah! Did he finally open up and accept the Lord fully? Thank you for assisting him to achieve this redemption!

Chewer 03-17-2014 05:17 AM

Its a conspiracy. Obama, and his secret army of negro's hauled him off to secret prison so they could torture, and brainwash him into becoming a muslim.

Father Maurice Lester 03-17-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1073938)
...I'm happy to inform you all that I was with Fred Phelps in his final hours... In fact, I was alone with him at the end, which was one of the more pleasurable experiences I've ever had. Praise Jesus. :gleam:

Last I checked Jesus still had Fred circling the drain in a bit of a holding pattern... probably trying convince Satan to take him without much luck.

Not sure what ending you found so pleasurable with the old git butt I am quite sure I don't want to know. :wacko:

Meanwhile, we at the Vatican did get a call from one of his lawyers asking if Pope Francis could quietly drop by and give him the last rites however there was a scheduling problem what with Hell not yet frozen over.

Bless you, my truth-challenged grifter,
Father Mo

Mother Of Seven 03-17-2014 10:59 AM

Do you really think Shirley Phelps would have announced his death? She want him dead and buried without a fag protest at his funeral. She certainly isn't going to go public about it.
I trust Pastor Zeke. If he said he was with Fred when he died, then Fred is dead.

What do they teach you in priest school? Clearly not spelling! It's 'last rites', not 'last rights'. :thumbdown:

lukasekman 03-17-2014 11:28 AM

This is a tragic event, and a moment of sorrow for the White Straight Christian Nation. I can understand that some conservatives had a problem with his picketing on military funerals, but after all, those soldiers didn't fought for the confederate flag.

The U.S. Department of Family Values is leading an investigation, and our prime suspect is Macalester College’s Department of Multicultural Life, Minnesota.
Their agenda is to sterilize the language, by eliminating every trace of anything that can be perceived as homophobia and "ableism".
Read about their "Brave New World" agenda here.

ExGay Alex 03-17-2014 01:26 PM

I only met him once, several years back, at a sauna in San Francisco. He was there because he had a bad back and I was there as part of my ministry. We ran into each other in the hammam and then had the nicest chat in one of the private booths. He told me in detail about the evils of gaysexuality and the perverted things that these guys do to each other.

The Devil had already tempted me before, so I knew some of it already, but he really opened my eyes to all of the various and imaginative sickening acts that sodomites do to each other. His knowledge of the topic was exhaustive, praise Jesus.

Johny Joe Hold 03-18-2014 02:51 PM

I always wondered who stole Fred's church from him. Started it, ran it and owned it lock, stock and barrel.

Now we learn his oun children stole it out from under him in the dead of night. There are wicked people in Westboro Baptist.

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-03-17/...-within-church

Cranky Old Man 03-20-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its_faith (Post 1073967)
He has not died yet as far as news reports I have seen. Let us pray he can spend some more time on this flat Earth with us.

He is most certainly dead! WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH PASTOR FRED PHELPS IS DEAD AT 84

Elijah Mee, PhD 03-20-2014 05:26 PM

I know we don't always see eye to eye with WBC but the guy was out there tirelessly saying what needed to be said.

It's tragic but our loss is Jesus's gain!

Johny Joe Hold 03-20-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah Mee, PhD (Post 1074848)
I know we don't always see eye to eye with WBC but the guy was out there tirelessly saying what needed to be said.

It's tragic but our loss is Jesus's gain!

We need to form a circle now and pledge to keep Brother Fred's massage about the evil of homers alive. Let's spread it to the roof tops.