The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Now accepting nominations for Pastor Ezekiel Flint Award for Excellence in Theology. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=96209)

Faith_Machine 01-23-2014 10:14 AM

Now accepting nominations for Pastor Ezekiel Flint Award for Excellence in Theology.

It's that time of year, friends, the time when we look back at the previous year and ask who really went above and beyond the call of duty to win souls for the Lord, and give that person the Pastor Ezekiel Flint Award for Excellence in Theology!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-x5jPOcmpl...400/trophy.jpg

Nominations will be accepted until the end of the month. Please feel free to nominate any pastor or Christian who you feel is deserving of this honor.

I'm going to start things off my nominating Pastor Ezekiel Flint.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/thestaff/pastors/ez.jpg

see_the_light 01-23-2014 08:36 PM

Re: Now accepting nominations for Pastor Ezekiel Flint Award for Excellence in Theology.

I second the nomination!

PRAISE THE LORD!

Attila's Wife 01-23-2014 09:01 PM

Re: Now accepting nominations for Pastor Ezekiel Flint Award for Excellence in Theology.

There is almost too much to choose from, and naturally Pastor Zeke is the obvious choice.

But (if only to give this exercise some appearance of fairness) I would like to nominate Brother Alphonse Alban. He has done much valuable work, but I was particularly impressed by the graphics in the first post here, explaining why Matthew, Mark and Luke's accounts differed in the case of the Gadarene swine. Suddenly the whole "problem" of apparent inconsistency went away!

My only fear is that as a result of his work, Landover Baptist will be inundated with saved, semi-feral folk from the frozen wastes!

YiC
AW
:jesus:

Faith_Machine 01-24-2014 07:26 PM

Who remembers Pastor Zeke's acceptance speech last year? Boy oh boy, was that a doozy. I thought he was just going to say a few brief words of thanks, but he wound up praising the Lord for six hours straight without even taking a sip of water!

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-24-2014 08:14 PM

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1914...61#post2455861
Quote:

This morning I was having a "lie in" with my 10 year old, we were snuggled up in bed and I shared with him a conversation I had with a sweet 5 year old boy at Awana's last night about heaven and what it was like and the little boy said "oh boy I want to die right now." When I told this to my son he sighed and he said "yeah, I'm ready to go home."

Home. This isn't our home. Heaven is our home. For those of us with our names in the Lambs book of life, we are aliens to this earth, one foot in glory and the other here. Waiting.
This woman has been touched by Jesus and is sharing her Godly experiences with 5 year olds in the safety of a bed.

She is my first nominee.

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-24-2014 08:20 PM

http://www.gregoryreid.com/infiltration/

I recommend Gregory Reid as "Best investigative True Christian" for his testimony:
Quote:

At the same time, a “former occultist” here got “saved” and began attending an Assembly of God church. He claimed to have been a Rosicrucian who was a courier to the Illuminati in DC. Within a short time, he became associate pastor. Then he began calling anyone who was in ministry who did deliverance, fought the occult or were saved out of the occult. He interviewed them, gathered information. I was one of the last he interviewed, more of an interrogation, and I felt the presence of familiar spirits the whole time he was at my apartment. Days after, he suddenly left, never to be heard of again. The church had several kids who had been molested while he was there, and the youth pastor’s two small children were killed in a freak auto accident. The church was decimated. Another Assembly of God at the same time was driven to failure by direct attack – death threats, finding slaughtered birds at the altar when they opened for Sunday service, and much more. Apparently, they had access to the church before two caretakers moved in. They wanted “their” church back, they said in one phone threat, and they would kill everyone to do it if they had to.

I needed confirmation of all I was learning. I received it through a dear pastoral couple in my association who had a wonderful church in the worst part of DC. Their ministry was wonderfully successful, aided a great deal by a couple that they befriended, grew close to and eventually became right arms to their ministry. Then, everything went wrong and their ministry was under horrible attack on every level.

The pastors cried out to God for answers, and they were stunned when He showed them that their best friends were behind it! Shocked, reluctant, they confronted their friends. They laughed. “We’re Satanists”, they said. “You were our assignment.”

James Hutchins 01-24-2014 08:36 PM

I have spent the last twenty four hours in my home chapel, working with Jesus to find The Truth®. I have been creating lists, flow diagrams, Venn diagrams, on my knees praying for divine inspiration. Every effort to do an unbiased assessment has resulted in ending at the same point. Only Pastor Ezekiel Flint is worthy. It is uncanny how God and Pastor Flint are so close. Almost like one.

see_the_light 01-24-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1059011)
Only Pastor Ezekiel Flint is worthy. It is uncanny how God and Pastor Flint are so close. Almost like one.

I think it was about him....

1 Corinthians 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

PRAISE THE LORD!

Naomi Ruth Lamb 01-24-2014 10:42 PM

Because he loves his congregation so, I would wager Pastor Zeke does NOT want to win this award. After all, that would seem conceited and full of ones self to accept an award (again) that is named after ones self. I can, in fact, picture him reading this post and sighing as he says, "Sister Naomi, finally, a voice in the wilderness that speaks the truth."

Yes, I am sure that's what he's saying. Bless the Lord!

So I would like to nominate Dr. Mark Snyde. His work here is demonstrative of his caring and compassion for the unsaved and for the edification of True Christians ™ and Forum Members. I can hear Pastor Flint shouting a "Hear, here!"

Faith_Machine 01-27-2014 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Friends, I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that all the votes have been counted, and the winner is Pastor Zeke by a landslide.

The bad news is that I thought I'd save the church a little money and trust a certain somebody with the re-design of the award certificate because I heard she was good with computers and graphic design.

This is what she came up with, and I just don't know how I can go to the ceremony and present Pastor Zeke with such a drab looking certificate. I am just beside myself!

And I don't know how to bring this up with you-know-who, because you know how sensitive and touchy she gets when she thinks she's being criticized.

I am so upset about this, I could just cry!

Mother Of Seven 01-27-2014 10:16 AM

Well, what about something like this?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...psb153e338.jpg

Attila's Wife 01-27-2014 10:27 AM

That one looks homersexual to me, what with the colors of their "gay" flag.

Faith_Machine 01-27-2014 10:34 AM

Mother of Seven, that there's a fine effort! However, as Attila's Wife pointed out, it's best to stay away from colors, as most colors are pretty gay.

The person I had entrusted with the certificate's redesign was supposed to make us something real classy, like you'd get from a university.

I'm afraid I might have to dip into the church slush fun and get the certificate designed and printed up by a real graphic artist or printing company.

I just don't know what you-know-who is going to say when she realizes we're not using her design. I've never much cared for her pie, so, no big loss there. I just hope it won't be too awkward when I see her at Bingo night.

Mother Of Seven 01-27-2014 11:05 AM

The colors are God's colors. God made the colors. And isn't Pastor Zeke very close to an angel?
Revelation 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire

And I must admit, I got the inspiration for the colors, from the avatar of none other, than you, Faith_Machine. I had been hoping you'd like it.

Faith_Machine 01-27-2014 11:27 AM

Don't get me wrong dear, I do like it. It's just that the occasion calls for something a bit more formal, and less, um, "colorful."

Mother Of Seven 01-27-2014 11:47 AM

Mrs Hun is obviously a very black and white lady.

Mother Of Seven 01-27-2014 11:52 AM

Faith_Machine, maybe you could get your designer to put one of those gold leaf star thingies on it. Or, if she can't do gold leaf, a red star thingie.
A thingie being the thingie at the bottom left of this:
http://www.northrivermanufacturing.c...2402_Large.gif

Faith_Machine 01-27-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1060071)
Mrs Hun is obviously a very black and white lady.

I sure hope you meant that as a compliment, young lady. We don't take kindly to Forum Members critiquing the artistic sensibilities of True Christian ladies!

VictoryOS 01-27-2014 08:41 PM

It's about time we take back the rainbow from the homofags. God gave us that rainbow after He killed most of the population with a flood to show that He loves us. If we let the homers take that away from us, it's like letting them take away the Lord's Eternal Love.

Dr Laurence Niles 01-27-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryOS (Post 1060134)
It's about time we take back the rainbow from the homofags. God gave us that rainbow after He killed most of the population with a flood to show that He loves us. If we let the homers take that away from us, it's like letting them take away the Lord's Eternal Love.

Homers and bronys. :angry:

Why do they have to pollute and bastardise a Christian symbol of Jesus' Righteous Justice and turn it into some liberal love sign?

Why? Why do they hate Jesus?

:(

YIC