The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What are you offended by right now? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=29141)

Levi Jones 09-26-2009 04:20 AM

Re: What are you offended by right now?

I am offended by the incredible amount of nerdery in this thread. It has gotten to the point where my hands hurt and my fingers are on the verge of bleeding from striking the keys so darn (lord forgive me) hard.

:taz:

The ion cannon would completely own any federation star cruiser.

WickedWitch 09-27-2009 12:26 AM

I'm offended by people who are offended by nerdery (cute word, by the way). Nerdliness is the key to a happy life.

UnSaved Scum 09-27-2009 12:39 AM

I love the show Supernatural. But i hate how it demonizes wicca and other religions. But i love the fact that the angels in the show say that God is dead.

Pastor Ezekiel 09-27-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 403847)
I'm offended by people who are offended by nerdery (cute word, by the way). Nerdliness is the key to a happy life.

I assume that "nerdliness" is your euphemism for satan worship. :glare:

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnSaved Scum (Post 403855)
I love the show Supernatural. But i hate how it demonizes wicca and other religions. But i love the fact that the angels in the show say that God is dead.

I hope you both understand that no one here gives a tinker's damn about your petty, unsaved opinions. This is God's favorite forum, and we follow His commandments!

Quote:

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" -- 2 John 1:9-11

SUV 09-27-2009 02:17 AM

Sister JennyD, that was the most beautiful explanation I've ever seen of Christianity.

HALLELUJAH!!! :thumbsup:

Brother Temperance 09-27-2009 10:58 PM

I am offended by Scottish people. A whole nation of gingers (ginger, by the way, is an anagram of a certain term for a certain other cursed race. Coincidence, or proof of an intelligently designed language?) You can tell God was having a bit of a laugh when He came up with that idea. I am also offended by the way you just can't tell if young people are boys or girls nowadays. Can I speculate about whether this person would make a good wife, or would doing that make me an abomination unto God? I just can't tell anymore!

WickedWitch 09-28-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 403870)
I assume that "nerdliness" is your euphemism for satan worship. :glare:

No, actually. Nerdliness: the state of being Nerdly (ei. "Nerdliness [being Nerdly] brings happiness"), or the degree to which one is Nerdly (ei. "After assessing your Nerdliness, I find you not to be Nerdly"). I really do enjoy the word "Nerdery", I'm going to have to keep it and add it to my Dictionary of Nerdly terms. ("Nerdly", by the way is just a cuter way of saying "Nerdy". "L"s seem to make words cuter. Which does not mean that I want more than one single "L" in my name, by the way.)

I'm offended by the fact that people automatically assume that I worship Satan because 1) I'm goth, 2) I'm Pagan, or 3) I'm a Witch - or a combination of the three. I've never met Satan. I do not worship Him. He's not one of my gods. End of story.

SUV 09-28-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 404035)
I am offended by Scottish people. A whole nation of gingers (ginger, by the way, is an anagram of a certain term for a certain other cursed race. Coincidence, or proof of an intelligently designed language?) You can tell God was having a bit of a laugh when He came up with that idea.

Brother Temptations and I rest our briefcases:

Pastor Ezekiel 09-28-2009 01:22 PM

I am offended by ethnic foods that spice up the blood. :angry:

Pastor Isaac Peters 09-28-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 404120)
I've never met Satan. I do not worship Him.

I'm offended by the fact that you capitalized a pronoun referring to the devil. :nono:

Rev. M. Rodimer 09-28-2009 04:11 PM

I'm offended by this perverse "under the sheets" game. :angry:

Brother Temperance 09-28-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 404166)
I am offended by ethnic foods that spice up the blood. :angry:

Me too. God gave us burgers for a reason. I'm not entirely sure why dothead food exists, but I suspect Satan was heavily involved throughout the process.

Rev. M. Rodimer 09-28-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 404249)
Me too. God gave us burgers for a reason. I'm not entirely sure why dothead food exists, but I suspect Satan was heavily involved throughout the process.

Perhaps it's a punishment from God for their failure to become Christian!

Levi Jones 09-28-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 404235)
I'm offended by this perverse "under the sheets" game. :angry:

Oh, Reverend. I'm sorry. My meaning was unclear in that thread. I meant as in:

Acts 10:11
And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth.

I can see the source of confusion here, though. I will make sure and update that thread.

Justina Thyme 09-30-2009 02:03 AM

People who pick on polacks. (See "make it worse" thread.)

Sungstra 09-30-2009 02:07 AM

People who use that text-talk in every day conversation

When my favourite TV shows are canceled

When it is cold and I am in my pyjamas.

WickedWitch 10-02-2009 07:59 AM

I'm offended by people who tell me that smoking's bad for me when I'm trying to enjoy a cigarette. Everyone who smokes knows that it's bad for them, leave me the hell alone when I'm trying to enjoy my smoke, you nosey bastards! Grrrr. (Sorry. Nosey people really irk me, hehe.)

Pastor Ezekiel 10-02-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 406015)
I'm offended by people who tell me that smoking's bad for me when I'm trying to enjoy a cigarette. Everyone who smokes knows that it's bad for them, leave me the hell alone when I'm trying to enjoy my smoke, you nosey bastards! Grrrr. (Sorry. Nosey people really irk me, hehe.)

I'm offended by noisy witches who whine about the trivia of their lives but neglect the certain damnation of their soul! :threaten:

WickedWitch 10-02-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 406058)
I'm offended by noisy witches who whine about the trivia of their lives but neglect the certain damnation of their soul! :threaten:

I'm offended by cranky people who pick on me for the smallest reasons, when I'm not the one hiding a tutu-wearing bear in his basement. :whistle:

SUV 10-02-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 406177)
I'm not the one hiding a tutu-wearing bear in his basement. :whistle:

Jesus (the) Christ! You mean Pastor Ezekiel Knows such a "person"?