The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Any member of LBC, have a cabin? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=88049)

Ryan Gray 02-28-2013 01:02 PM

Any member of LBC, have a cabin?

I would like to build an cabin in the wilderness, but I have no idea what to start with.
This life is too stressful like this, so I need some kind of getaway, to rest in sometimes, and pray in peace.

If any member here has an cabin, plans or advice, feel free to share it with me. I still don't have land, but once the planning is done, there won't be any problems.

Dr Laurence Niles 02-28-2013 01:34 PM

Re: Any member of LBC, have a cabin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Gray (Post 982250)
I would like to build an cabin in the wilderness, but I have no idea what to start with.
This life is too stressful like this, so I need some kind of getaway, to rest in sometimes, and pray in peace.

If any member here has an cabin, plans or advice, feel free to share it with me. I still don't have land, but once the planning is done, there won't be any problems.

The problem with the lonely existance of cabination is the risk of Onanism.

I think before any True Christian™ can give you any advice it would need to to be made clear how you would avoid repeatedly touching your parts until the go off.

YIC

Dr Laurence Niles 02-28-2013 01:35 PM

Unless you are gay and trying not to be and living a life of exile from dencent people.

In which case go for it: one less homer queering the place up.

YIC

Russell Holbeck 02-28-2013 01:39 PM

Hello Ryan Gray. There are many things to consider when building a cabin and I do not think you have considered all of them. I am not trying to be mean I am just being honest. There is a verse in the New Testament that talks about building a tower. I know you are not building a tower but the message is still good it is in Luke 14:28 and it says:

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

This may seem like a funny or unimportant question but in the next two verses Jesus says that people are laughing at the man and his unfinished project. It does not say that Jesus laughed at the man but I think the message is clear.

Just a couple of verses earlier Jesus says that unless someone can hate their mother and their father and their sisters and their brothers and their children and even their own life they can not be His disciple.

Maybe that is why He chose a lot of fishermen for His disciples. They have it hard.

Thank you.

Rusty

Ryan Gray 02-28-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 982253)
The problem with the lonely existance of cabination is the risk of Onanism.

I think before any True Christian™ can give you any advice it would need to to be made clear how you would avoid repeatedly touching your parts until the go off.

YIC

Like I said, I would only go there sometimes to take a rest from this stressful world. I have no problems with onanism.

Ryan Gray 02-28-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 982257)
Unless you are gay and trying not to be and living a life of exile from dencent people.

In which case go for it: one less homer queering the place up.

YIC

Are you accusing me of being gay?

Ryan Gray 02-28-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Holbeck (Post 982258)
Hello Ryan Gray. There are many things to consider when building a cabin and I do not think you have considered all of them. I am not trying to be mean I am just being honest. There is a verse in the New Testament that talks about building a tower. I know you are not building a tower but the message is still good it is in Luke 14:28 and it says:

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

This may seem like a funny or unimportant question but in the next two verses Jesus says that people are laughing at the man and his unfinished project. It does not say that Jesus laughed at the man but I think the message is clear.

Just a couple of verses earlier Jesus says that unless someone can hate their mother and their father and their sisters and their brothers and their children and even their own life they can not be His disciple.

Maybe that is why He chose a lot of fishermen for His disciples. They have it hard.

Thank you.

Rusty

Thanks for consideration brother Russell!

I saved enough money for a decent wilderness cabin, but I will build it myself. Its not like I don't trust companies work, I just like doing thing my way.
I hope my cabin won't stay unfinished.

WWJDnow 03-03-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Gray

Perhaps you should speak with Pastor Deacon Fred. God told him to build a modest prayer retreat for his family in Vail:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e-la-garde.jpg

Billy Bob Jenkins 03-03-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Gray (Post 982250)

Dear friend,

I have been living in log cabins my whole life. I can answer any questions you might have.

Billy Bob