The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A birthday surprise for our Pastor (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=99980)

Attila's Wife 06-21-2014 10:20 AM

A birthday surprise for our Pastor

Pastor Zeke, please close this window right now! You don't want to spoil the surprise!

Now, for the rest of you.... I realized last night that it's less than 3 weeks to Pastor Zeke's 29th birthday, on July 15. Obviously people will send private gifts, as usual, but on the occasion of him entering his 30th year, does everyone agree that something special is called for?

How about we all chip in just a little bit extra and do what the queen of England has done for her grandson: buy him a luxury helicopter? We could maybe come up with a better, more recent machine than that rather tired, 6-year-old model?

I don't know my Bells from my Sikorskys, but if the men could put their heads together and advise on this, then the ladies can decide on the interior decor. Sister Daisy Mae certainly knows the Pastor's taste.

What do you think? Is this "special" enough?

YiC
AW
:jesus:

Mother Of Seven 06-21-2014 11:23 AM

Re: A birthday surprise for our Pastor

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

30 is therefore a very significant age for a True Christian™. Jesus was 30 when he began His ministry. Pastor Zeke's ministry has already been going for a long time. What does that say about Pastor Zeke? Wow!!

Attila's Wife 06-21-2014 05:01 PM

Quite right sister - who knows what Pastor Zeke will have achieved by this time next year! Maybe - and I hesitate to say it - this will be the year that he and Sister Daisy Mae finally tie the knot

The men are all very quiet. I hope this indicates that they are busy behind the scenes, doing their research?

Although I'm just a poor widow, I've recently sold the Holland Park house - no taxes due, as my accountant was careful to designate it my principal residence. :thumbsup: Aren't the joos clever? So if there's a bit of a shortfall, I'm happy to put in more than my share.

Luke 21:1-4

After all, otherwise it would only go on care home fees (my youngest daughter-in-law is trying to have me put away - I've told her she can whistle for any inheritance!).

Do we have time to reproduce the Lady and the Unicorn tapestries as seat covers? Maybe if half a dozen of us did one each. Otherwise I'll have to ring round the auction houses.

Mother Of Seven 06-21-2014 09:17 PM

Put me down for one :)

WWJDnow 06-21-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1095734)
Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli!

There you have it. Jesus had his Heli, so Pastor Zeke should have one, too. Although I'm a little puzzled by what Luke meant when he wrote "(as was supposed)." Jesus had two fathers, but in a good way.