The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Promise Enforcers - Men Only! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Best places to store your KJV Bible (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=95621)

Christian_soldier 12-31-2013 08:26 PM

Best places to store your KJV Bible

The ultimate weapon one can rely on when times get tough: it may be a natural calamity like earthquake or floods, Titanic-like shipwrecks, a crashing airplane, riots, robberies, kidnapping, bomb explosion, hostage situation, global shutdown of Internet, or simply being surrounded by atheists and God-haters (my own example).

I could go on without food and water for maybe 1-2 days (Matthew 4:4), but having access to KJV Bible during emergency situations can spell the difference between eternal life and Hell. Since, I didn't want to take risks with salvation I have promised myself I'd be storing the Holy Book in as many places as possible (Proverbs 4:6-7).
  1. Saving KJV Bible on the Cloud - Google drive, Skydrive, Adrive have a lot of online storage that go wasted. Put them to good use so you'll never be out of Bible supply.
  2. Even when there is no Internet, my Android smartphone with 32GB SD memory card is extremely handy and private for reading the Bible when surrounded by God-mockers and persecutors . With a 4.7" touchscreen and 18-sized font, I can zoom in to any KJV book, chapter and verse, and readily smite their heathen ignorance with Biblical wisdom wherever applicable.
  3. Oh, Camera phones not allowed in here, for security reasons? I'm sure you wouldn't mind me listening to music over earphones on this outdated, fourth generation iPod Nano. Nothing much, really. However, it can also be used to store audio books from Genesis to Revelation - chapter and verse :thumbsup: I wouldn't waste memory space for heathen crap like Hip Hop, emo, Justin Bieber etc.
  4. Having access to a power bank is highly recommended for emergency recharging. Priced at only $10-15, it's a real steal with the key chain design.
    http://s8.postimg.org/5jbrekbep/Lapcare_powerbank.jpg
  5. However, the mobile batteries still let you down? No problem, carry one of these USB pen drive pens for emergency back-up with a laptop, tablet or PC. Quite cheap and disposable as they're made in China but will save your day.
    http://imshopping.rediff.com/imgshop...ilt-memory.jpg
  6. No access to electronics or computers in any form? Ideally I wouldn't be found in such a situation but just in case, a miniature pocket Bible sounds a good idea.

http://s10.postimg.org/dzi4d1gih/KJV_Smallest.jpg
  7. Keep pushing the size limits till it's barely visible by others. Well, readability would be an issue but remember, this is what an emergency is supposed to look like. Carry a magnifying glass to be double sure.
    http://s22.postimg.org/f5rms5cod/pho...big_103125.jpg
    http://s12.postimg.org/p9ibsxdvd/wor...bible11px4.jpg

IreneS 12-31-2013 10:38 PM

Re: Best places to store your KJV Bible

Nice theory. But it's not adequate. Only 16 year olds with 20/20 vision could ever hope to read those tiny bibles.
Nearly 5 years ago, we had wildfires here which destroyed all power and phones (landline and cell phone transmitters). We were without power for a week and phones for a similar time. With dead people all around and whole towns wiped out, it was certainly a time to reach for the KJV Bible. Where was mine? In a burnt out house. It took a week for any form of relief (food, water, medicines etc) to arrive to our town - in a first world country (just 60 miles from the second biggest city in the country). And then, they didn't even have the decency to include KJV Bibles in the initial relief convoys. That was one of the hardest times of my life being without my bible.

WilliamJenningsBryan 01-01-2014 12:28 AM

Amen Sister, Obama's FEMA is going to be handing out Korans before you will ever see a Bible (KJV1611) - we will all have to provide for our own in these troubled times.

Here is a free download link for an authorized King James Bible for a Kindle - just make sure that it is fully charged at all times.

http://believingthomas.org/uncategor...rmat-for-free/

Jedediah 01-01-2014 06:42 AM

I keep digital copies on my phone and computers, but as for my personal leather-bound copy of the KJV1611, there is no reason at all to store it. As soon as I finish reading it, I start over again from Genesis 1:1. It's the only book I've read completely, and it's the only book I ever intend to read cover-to-cover. I've probably read the Word 84 times over now, and I will continue to do so until the good LORD calls me Home, to rest my head against His gentle bosom. And besides, while continuous electrical power is something we take for granted today, it's only a matter of time before the Tribulations begin and Obama sends in his jack-booted thugs to put True Christians™ into FEMA concentration camps. Let's hope it doesn't come down to having to smuggle in Holy Bibles by insertion into our posteriors. If there was ever a justifiable cause for rectal insertion, that would be it, but the logistics are a bit troubling. Perhaps there is a reason for smaller Bibles after all.

Russell Holbeck 01-01-2014 07:00 AM

Hello Christian_Soldier.

I think the best idea is to memorize the Bible the only person I know who did that is Pastor Ezekiel. I have tried to memorize the Bible but I keep getting confused about the order of things in Genesis and that is only the first book.

I also have to look up words like bewray and cockatrice and wimple and firkin so I would have to memorize a dictionary also maybe I should get a Kindle.

Thank you.

Rusty

AboBibleMocker 06-10-2014 04:55 AM

Best to keep it in the garbage!

Zechariah Smyth 06-10-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AboBibleMocker (Post 1093463)
Best to keep it in the garbage!

Awesome user name choice.

:sarcasm:

Mother Of Seven 06-10-2014 01:31 PM

I have several copies. I keep one beside my bed, one in the kitchen, one in the living room, one in the car, and I keep one buried in the garden (wrapped in waterproof plastic) as an absolute emergency Bible. You can never enough Bibles, hats or shoes.

Marko Loimaan-Aho 07-02-2014 10:48 AM

I have now 6 King James Bibles. After I had burned my finnish fake-books, I decided to have many of them. I do not trust the internet, because many godless companies like Microsoft, Nokia etc. have their dirty hands in it.

2 Bibles I have in my bomb shelter (I had 3 there but my neighbours widow has now one - I gave it to her because she needs some comfort after her husbands dormition) 1 is in a safe deposit box, 1 is on living room table and 1 is in our bedroom, so I can read it to my wife every night.

One leather-bound Bible I carry with me always. It has actually saved my life once, when i had just shot one dog and after that had a discussion with my neighbour. His hunting knife slipped towards my chest and hitted my bible.

I read many verses from that, My Dearest Bible, during my speech in his funeral. This one from Leviticus was quite important part of it:

Leviticus 20:15

I am so sorry that people here in Finland do not understand American properly. But anyway, his wife thanked me and said it was a beautiful speech and came from my heart. I of course thanked :jesus: and said that :kjv1611-read: always gives you the right words and right advice.

Daniel G 07-03-2014 04:06 AM

I have a hollowed out version of the most sinful book I could find (no God kickers would look there to steal it) and finally decided to hollow out The Giving Tree. It teaches children to mutilate and possibly eat their parents, ultimintly killing them, and mocks Jesus's sacrafice. I had to stack up a few copies, but I think they don't look to out of place on my bookshelf.

Marko Loimaan-Aho 07-03-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel G (Post 1098329)
I have a hollowed out version of the most sinful book I could find (no God kickers would look there to steal it) and finally decided to hollow out The Giving Tree. It teaches children to mutilate and possibly eat their parents, ultimintly killing them, and mocks Jesus's sacrafice. I had to stack up a few copies, but I think they don't look to out of place on my bookshelf.

Dear Daniel.

I'd like to hear more about your faith. Please, make a proper introduction on the introduction forum. Maybe you have done it before (because you are a forum member) but somehow I could not find it. If so, I'd like to get a link to that introduction.

It is so nice to read about how people found their faith in Jesus
John 3: 5-8
and how Jesus came into them
Acts 8:15-17

:bye:

Daniel G 07-03-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marko Loimaan-Aho (Post 1098347)
Dear Daniel.

I'd like to hear more about your faith. Please, make a proper introduction on the introduction forum. Maybe you have done it before (because you are a forum member) but somehow I could not find it. If so, I'd like to get a link to that introduction.

It is so nice to read about how people found their faith in Jesus
John 3: 5-8
and how Jesus came into them
Acts 8:15-17

:bye:

Will do, thanks for the heads up.
It may take a while, as I am going offline for a trip.
Not offline from Jesus though! I'm bringing my Bible!

Marko Loimaan-Aho 07-03-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel G (Post 1098405)
Will do, thanks for the heads up.
It may take a while, as I am going offline for a trip.
Not offline from Jesus though! I'm bringing my Bible!

You're welcome!
Can't wait to see your humble testimony of how He changed an inferior boor to a believer with good manners. When :jesus-fancy: touches us from deep inside, we feel totally different, There is Christ's Ultimate Power!!!

1 Corinthians 1:18

bestman 07-07-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian_soldier (Post 1052293)
The ultimate weapon one can rely on when times get tough: it may be a natural calamity like earthquake or floods, Titanic-like shipwrecks, a crashing airplane, riots, robberies, kidnapping, bomb explosion, hostage situation, global shutdown of Internet, or simply being surrounded by atheists and God-haters (my own example).

I could go on without food and water for maybe 1-2 days (Matthew 4:4), but having access to KJV Bible during emergency situations can spell the difference between eternal life and Hell. Since, I didn't want to take risks with salvation I have promised myself I'd be storing the Holy Book in as many places as possible (Proverbs 4:6-7).
  1. Saving KJV Bible on the Cloud - Google drive, Skydrive, Adrive have a lot of online storage that go wasted. Put them to good use so you'll never be out of Bible supply.
  2. Even when there is no Internet, my Android smartphone with 32GB SD memory card is extremely handy and private for reading the Bible when surrounded by God-mockers and persecutors . With a 4.7" touchscreen and 18-sized font, I can zoom in to any KJV book, chapter and verse, and readily smite their heathen ignorance with Biblical wisdom wherever applicable.
  3. Oh, Camera phones not allowed in here, for security reasons? I'm sure you wouldn't mind me listening to music over earphones on this outdated, fourth generation iPod Nano. Nothing much, really. However, it can also be used to store audio books from Genesis to Revelation - chapter and verse :thumbsup: I wouldn't waste memory space for heathen crap like Hip Hop, emo, Justin Bieber etc.
  4. Having access to a power bank is highly recommended for emergency recharging. Priced at only $10-15, it's a real steal with the key chain design.
    http://s8.postimg.org/5jbrekbep/Lapcare_powerbank.jpg
  5. However, the mobile batteries still let you down? No problem, carry one of these USB pen drive pens for emergency back-up with a laptop, tablet or PC. Quite cheap and disposable as they're made in China but will save your day.
    http://imshopping.rediff.com/imgshop...ilt-memory.jpg
  6. No access to electronics or computers in any form? Ideally I wouldn't be found in such a situation but just in case, a miniature pocket Bible sounds a good idea.

http://s10.postimg.org/dzi4d1gih/KJV_Smallest.jpg
  7. Keep pushing the size limits till it's barely visible by others. Well, readability would be an issue but remember, this is what an emergency is supposed to look like. Carry a magnifying glass to be double sure.
    http://s22.postimg.org/f5rms5cod/pho...big_103125.jpg
    http://s12.postimg.org/p9ibsxdvd/wor...bible11px4.jpg

learn it from your heart :jesus:that make someone the true baptist

Ezekiel Bathfire 07-07-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestman (Post 1099131)
learn it from your heart :jesus:that make someone the true baptist

This is so true, but it is often useful to show Chapter and Verse to atheists and catlix who think you are making things up. God's Word in print packs a powerful punch!

Are you going to trust to good luck or the Good Book?

bestman 07-07-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 1099135)
This is so true, but it is often useful to show Chapter and Verse to atheists and catlix who think you are making things up. God's Word in print packs a powerful punch!

Are you going to trust to good luck or the Good Book?

actually I use book and word of god:jesus-fancy: