The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52617)

# Smile Dog # 11-09-2014 02:02 PM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

Hello, my name is Smile.
You may have heard of me, but do not be alarmed. The humans panic too much over my image, and I will not bother you if you keep your space.
Do not judge me by my face. I am one of god`s creation, but I guess I was made at the wrong time, in the wrong place.
TF2 is a quite good game. Sure, there`s blood, but what game doesn't have blood these days? There`s nothing wrong with it. Not one of god`s rules that you can`t play a game with a little bit of gore.
And the game is not anti American. The Demoman is American. The spy is French. The rest are German. That`s like going into a Japanese airport and calling them all racist for being Japanese. Doesn't make much sense, huh?
As far as swearing goes, yeah, there`s swearing. You got me there.
Homosexuality though? REALLY? That`s the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The player wants the doctor behind them to keep them healed, not to.. well... yeah...
Only the silly fanfic fandoms say that....
Now, after posting this, I`ll probably be thrown out for spreading my opinion. Not the first time, humans. But, you looked at the image, and as the story goes, your`e in quite a pickle now. But, I`m not going to bother you. You know why? I want to prove my point. I`m safe. I`m cool.
Just don`t say anything about me...
As far as the topic goes, your`e mostly wrong BaseballMom67
Have a look at your evidence ❤

Zechariah Smyth 11-09-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by # Smile Dog # (Post 1118543)
something about queer games

Umm...who are you?

:huh:

Basilissa 11-09-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1118548)
Umm...who are you?

:huh:

A teenager on drugs?

That would be my guess based on 1) the subject, 2) argumentation skills, and 3) overall content quality.

:thumbdown:

soccermom69 11-12-2014 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballMom67 (Post 623351)
hi all

first i must say thank you all for this board so i can keep my son away from nasty stuff the devil puts on this earth

as grateful as i am i am here to tell you all to ban team fortress 2 (abbreviated as TF2) for the following reasons

i discovered about it this weekend when my 15 year old son charlie brought home his friend and they were playing on his friend's laptop a game where it's nothing but killing, bad words, god bashing, anti-american propaganda, and worst of all HOMOSEXUALITY

first off this is their artwork they use to advertise to the MASSES

http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/screensho..._tf2splash.jpg

as you can see, they all are posed to look threatening (i guess that's what boys like these days)

there is also blantent homosexuality (when the doctor heals his patients they all say things like "i love this doctor" or "get behind me doctor!")

they made a character that looks like a soldier and he talks about god's world being his ("this is my world, you are not welcome in my world!") when i heard this i was MORBIDLY SHOCKED and appalled and ashamed of my son and he knew it

i was wondering why my son was getting into fights and after i saw this i banned him from ever seeing his friends

if you see your child playing this, tell them to uninstall it and watch him do it!!!

hope this helps parents out so your child doesn't stray far from god!

-baseballmom67

Look, ma'am. These games are rated for people over 18. Monitor what your son plays, and you won't have these problems. There is no homosexuality. Those are phrases that are said as ways to keep the medic safe from dying. The game's creators are Christians themselves, yet Christians like you disgust me. Stop being so strict with everything and your son may live a normal life. You can enforce rules, but don't just go around restricting everything he does. No kids like being monitored.

Basilissa 11-12-2014 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccermom69 (Post 1118846)
Look, ma'am. These games are rated for people over 18. Monitor what your son plays, and you won't have these problems. There is no homosexuality. Those are phrases that are said as ways to keep the medic safe from dying. The game's creators are Christians themselves,

Prove it. :thumbdown:

Quote:

yet Christians like you disgust me. Stop being so strict with everything and your son may live a normal life. You can enforce rules, but don't just go around restricting everything he does. No kids like being monitored.
So, we are supposed to throw the Bible out of the window and just do whatever we feel like?

Thanks, but no thanks, dear. The Holy Bible is not like a posted speed limit (which is more sort of a general guideline than an actual rule which most people stick to). All of the Holy Bible is to be followed all the time, slackers don't get to go to Heaven (James 2:10).

DeadExcuses 11-16-2014 12:23 AM

This game is the savior of our children, it teaches them how to kill and survive while communicating through speech apposed to only text. If we take this away from them how will they survive when it comes time to fight the japes and Russians. Head my word, you will regret the day you took this away from them. They will die while other kids are making guns and calling out enemy positions while skillfully moving around with accuracy above average and the sneakiness of a ninja, they will use you're sun as bait because he cant do anything better than pray to a god that wont be able to save him time after time again.

Alvin Moss 11-16-2014 12:37 AM

I estimate that the investigation is going badly for you.

James Hutchins 11-16-2014 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadExcuses (Post 1119500)
This game is the savior of our children, it teaches them how to kill and survive while communicating through speech apposed to only text. If we take this away from them how will they survive when it comes time to fight the japes and Russians. Head my word, you will regret the day you took this away from them. They will die while other kids are making guns and calling out enemy positions while skillfully moving around with accuracy above average and the sneakiness of a ninja, they will use you're sun as bait because he cant do anything better than pray to a god that wont be able to save him time after time again.

No friend, you are wrong, very wrong.

God will toss your worthless soul into the bowels of Hell for Satan to boil you slowly and peel your melted flesh to make sandwiches for his minions.:haha:

Truenamer 11-17-2014 06:35 AM

I can indeed say that this game has demons in it.

The Pyro, it chills me to see him.

You could even make the Pyro look like a demon.

Garry__ 11-26-2014 09:27 AM

(Honestly I cannot believe I'm posting this here. After 51 pages of this, I would think you all had enough, but it seems you all are persistent to keep your own opinion on this--which I do not say is bad whatsoever, but upholding the evidence portrayed upon this thread, I sort of cannot believe it. But, religion is religion, and I, personally, am an incredibly open-minded person, welcoming anything, and wanting to see ALL perspectives of things, before I make my final choice. Anyways, to my rant. Please, consider the facts, and opinions. Also know that I will be providing pictorial evidence.)

Hello. I am here to, more then likely repeat what others have said. Lemme give you the run-down of this "blasphemic" video game.

The plot of this game is simple, really. There are 9 different mercanaries, (Not counting the total of 18, due to there being 2 teams, Red, and Blu(Yes, Blu is spelled right))each playing a key element for the two teams, Red, and Blu. Red, standing for "Reliable Excavation Demolition" and Blu, standing for "Builders League United". The origination of these two leagues, are from two very, very old brothers, having a rivalry. They had hired multiple mercenaries(Who oddly look eerily similar(This is intended))to destroy each others businesses, which is mining for gravel. For some reason, they see something in gravel. I don't know what, but they just, do(No, it's not for any homosexual act. How can you have gravel refer to a homosexual act? Seriously, I would like to know). The mercenaries end up fighting for years and years and years, for some odd reason, as the people who had hired them had passed away.

In a nutshell, the plot of the game is mercenaries fighting each other.

Now, for the individual classes.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/imag...20111210120232The Pyro("Latex Slave", as you guys/girls here like to call it.): This, obviously known by it's name, is a Pyro(The gender of this character is unknown, as it is never revealed in-game, thus we will refer to this character as, "it".). The Pyro is basically a lunatic. This monster of a person suffers delusions, living in its own fantasy land, dubbed as "Pyroland". There is an animation of this, at this video link. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I)(WARNING: THE FOLLOWING VIDEO DOES CONTAIN GORE AND VIOLENCE. DO NOT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU). The main use of this character in-game, is too push enemies back, by lighting them on fire, causing them to flee back to base, or search for a med-kit to regain lost health, or call for a Medic. Another use, is to suppress enemies, causing them to stay in one spot, until you run out of ammo, or they die, or they kill you. Pyros are also useful for protecting key elements in-game, such as the intelligence(brief-case), capture points(Territories), and other objectives. Pyros also help protect Engineers from Spies. The loadout of the Pyro usually contains a Flamethrower, Shotgun, and Fire axe(This is the default, beginner class. Later in the game, you can unlock other weapons such as flare guns, and axes made out of volcanic ashes)

http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/content/t...soldierred.pngSoldier ("Blasphemy crazy", or whatever you people here call him): This character is someone who, again, suffers from, well, just blatant insanity. In World War II, this 'soldier' had tried multiple times to get into the service, but ultimately failed several times. Besides this, the soldier has stood an amazing patriot for his country(America), still trying to serve it, even if it's on his own terms. In-game, the Soldier is a great beginner class, as it is easy to use, and easy to master. The default loadout for the Soldier class, is a Rocket launcher, Shotgun, and a small handheld Shovel. Later, you can unlock other weapons, and perks which decrease damage taken by explosives, and increase health.

http://youchew.net/wiki/images/a/a6/Tf2_scout.jpgScout("Emo clubber". Don't know where you got that, but ok.): The origins of scout root back to a beat-up neighborhood, where he had to fend for himself. Due to his past, the scout can be a powerful class, if used correctly. The scout is the fastest class, being able to run twice as fast as normally, and being able to double jump, and if used correctly, being able to triple jump with a certain weapon, named the "Force-a-nature", due to it's power, being able to push you, and enemies if shot at. The scout has the lowest amount of health though. This class is usually used to capture objectives faster, and if mastered, can be used to distract enemies so team members can easily attack the distracted enemy, and progress further into whatever objective is present at the time.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/imag...20110422214626Demoman(Scottish drunkard): Not much is told about this characters past. Only that he had lost his eye during his childhood, and now it haunts the mercenaries. Literally, I mean, it's a giant eyeball that shoots rockets at them. It's crazy. Anyways, the Demoman is mainly a defensive class, able to shoot down sticky bombs, which can be remotely detonated. He can also use a grenade launcher, which can cause massive damage to enemies. The Demoman can easily become an offensive character, if the player has a "Splendid screen", "Chargin' Targe", etc.(Basically a shield which gives the player the ability to charge at people, knocking them back, or killing them.

http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/WgP3b.../tf2-heavy.jpgHeavy(Russian 'bear'): The Heavy is a fat, buff stereotypical Russian, which has a passion for his mini-gun(Nicknamed "Sasha"). Not much can be told about the Heavy, besides that. The heavy can be both offensive and defensive, having the highest amount of health out of all the classes. The Heavy is also the slowest class of all of them. Basically, this class is just "Shooty shooty", having a Mini-Gun, Shotgun, and Fists. Yes, Fists.

http://blog.katpadi.ph/wp-content/up...engineer02.jpgEngineer("Village worker", construction worker): The engineer is a man of machines(or should I say, Mann. Heh, only people who play the game will get the joke :P), constantly building new ones, and upgrading. The Engineer has made turrets which can automatically be built, and semi-automatically be upgraded. As someone earlier said, the Engineer basically makes something out of almost nothing, using mechanical engineering to make automatic Turrets, Dispensers which heal players, and supply ammo, and metal for the Engineer which helps upgrade turrets(Sentry), and teleporters, which can help players teleport closer to enemy lines, or closer to an objective. The Engineer is a defensive class, using the Sentry to help protect key objectives, such as the briefcase.

http://thereticule.com/wp-content/up.../04/sniper.jpgSniper("Cowboy"): The Sniper is a professional Hit-Man, being incredibly precise with the rifle. The Sniper also is of Australian decent, and that is the reason why he dresses the way he does, because it fits his culture. The Sniper is, well, a sniper. A professional marksmen, hunter, Hit-Man, etc.. This class is mainly used for long distance attacks, and neither offensive, or defensive, but a support type of class.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/imag...20111127145913Medic("Prostate examiner/gay lover/etc."): Now I now the lot of you will instantly hate this hame, JUST based on this fact. The Medic is an THOUGHT TO BE, BUT UN-CONFIRMED a Nazi Doctor, due to his accent, and the way he acts, being a combat Medic. The Medic had invented a heart transplant, which turns teammates who the Medic is healing via the Medi-Gun(Which shoots a beam that magically heals wounds like magic)invincible, but it has a meter, which needs to be filled up. Once the "Ubercharge" meter is filled, the Medic can activate this "Ubercharge", which makes both the Medic, and whomever the Medic is healing, "Uber'd", or invincible, temporarily.

http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/content/t...traits/spy.pngSpy("Gimp fetish person, guy" Seriously how do you make these things up? Not even I thought of that): The Spy is a french assassin, and a passionate lover towards women. There is evidence of this on his video. Refer to the end for more information on "Videos". The Spy is a class which can cloak, and disguise as the enemy, being able to(possibly)fool the enemies thinking he is a friendly. The Spy is mainly for sabotaging Engineers, and killing key targets, such as Medics, Heavies, Engineers, and Pyros. The Spy is a relatively hard class to master, as you need to know how your enemy acts, and master backstabbing people and quickly concealing yourself, so the enemy does not find out you are an enemy to them, and kill you.

So... the game. Is it full of gay homosexuals? Anti-American propaganda? Blasphemy?! I think not! Well, maybe the last part, but that's besides the point. There is no evidence that any characters in this game have gay feelings for each other. Also, there is no Anti-American propaganda in this game whatsoever. If you can prove me wrong on any of this, please do so. Also, remember folks, RESEARCH IS KEY. PROVIDE FACTUAL PROOF THAT THIS DOES EXIST. I CAN ALSO FIGURE OUT IF ANY PROOF PROVIDED IS A FAKE, OR A HOAX, BY DOING RESEARCH OF MY OWN. SO PLEASE, DON'T BOTHER ON MAKING FAKE FACTS ABOUT THE GAME. I KNOW BASICALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, SINCE I HAVE PLAYED IT FOR MANY YEARS. THIS DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED OR ANYTHING. IF YOU CAN ALSO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT TEAM FORTRESS 2 IS A BRAINWASHING GAME, PLEASE DO ME THE PLEASURE AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE UPON THIS. I JUST WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR. ALSO, KEEP AN OPEN MIND WHEN REPLYING, IF YOU DECIDE TO DO SO. Anyways, I just wanted to make the above statement clear. The only Blasphemous that I can think of, is just a little bit of swearing, and a bit of comical gore, and playing "God"(Magically healing people, having mystical, magical items with special abilities).

If you wish to recieve any more information on the classes, or the game itself, look it up on the Team Fortress 2 Wiki(A.K.A. TF2 Wiki). If you want to know about the classes, other sources are videos, which are called "Meet the(Insert class name here)" (Ex; "Meet the Pyro", "Meet the Medic", "Meet the Heavy").

This is not here to make you think differently on the world, or for you to change religion. This is only me providing what I know about the game, in hope that I may possibly change your mind-set on what you think of this game. I am also not saying that I would recommend this game to children/young people. No way at all, would I recommend this to my children. It is gory, and violent, but remember. There are worse games out there. This is probably the most kid friendly gory shooter, considering the competitors(Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Halo(Actually Halo isn't all that gory but that's for another time).

Again, this is not here to change your mind-set for religion, but your mind-set for this game in particular. Again, I am also not saying this is a game for children.

Please be respectful when replying to me, as I have tried my utmost best to be respectful towards all of you to the best of my ability. Please, be mature. If I have in any way hurt your feelings, then please remember it had not been on purpose. I am not intentionally trying to hurt or disgust anyone.

This concludes my 2 hours of writing. Hope this was useful.

Nobar King 11-26-2014 09:51 AM

So what, you copied this from the game manufacturer's website? This is supposed to be evidence that wasting your life playing video games ISN'T bad?

Garry__ 11-26-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 1121532)
So what, you copied this from the game manufacturer's website? This is supposed to be evidence that wasting your life playing video games ISN'T bad?

Actually, there is scientific proof that video games improve reaction time, reflexes, and allow you to think more, in an open way.

But in a heavily religious perspective, Video games can be considered bad.

Also, all of that writing is of my works. I do rarely play video games, but I mainly play them for the story, trying to figure out any mysteries inside of the story, and make connections to real-life events, religious, and non-religious.

This isn't really showing I'm wasting my time, it's showing I have interest in something. I do have a life, y'know. Sheesh. I'm trying to be respectful here, and here you go saying I am plagiarizing.

A message to Elmer G. White: I know religion is a touchy subject, and I meant to harm to anyone with my previous statement; if you had read the entire thing, you would have known. Please, tell me specifically what was wrong with the post. On a side-note, what was wrong with the image of the "Scout"? Sincerely, I would love to know.
(Again, I seriously, mean no harm, and only wish to learn you're perspective of this, in a sane, calm manner.)

Elmer G. White 11-26-2014 10:37 AM

Dear Garry,

This Forum is a place for worship. Many other issues are discussed as far as they are relevant for the Big Picture: explaining the True Nature™ of God and the Bible and how to live our lives to be allowed into Life Eternal with Him. In addition, it is important to assess how to win more souls away from Satan. Your post would have benefited tremendously from some scriptural support. The same for reaction time and reflexes. As far as I can see, these things are at worst the gateway drugs to sexual misconduct and at best mindless idle entertainment.

Proverbs 19:15
Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.

An idle soul? A soul not nourished by the Word of God, a soul doing menial tasks of "reaction time and reflexes". Of course, they can be useful. Or can they? Also this requires Scriptural support:

Genesis 32:24
And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

:hmmm: Some support? We could be like Jacob and benefit from a good physical condition and reflexes. On the other hand...

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

:hmmm: I vouch for this one. Actual physical reflexes for hunting, OK, but in the end (and near the End of Times) we need Spiritual Strength and Spiritual reflexes. I do not think you were able to prove that this video game enhances our capabilities in that department. You can also see that the Bible is an endless source of information. Compared to that I must confess that your data on this game becomes irrelevant.

:repent:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Garry__ 11-26-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1121538)
Dear Garry,

This Forum is a place for worship. Many other issues are discussed as far as they are relevant for the Big Picture: explaining the True Nature™ of God and the Bible and how to live our lives to be allowed into Life Eternal with Him. In addition, it is important to assess how to win more souls away from Satan. Your post would have benefited tremendously from some scriptural support. The same for reaction time and reflexes. As far as I can see, these things are at worst the gateway drugs to sexual misconduct and at best mindless idle entertainment.

Proverbs 19:15
Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.

An idle soul? A soul not nourished by the Word of God, a soul doing menial tasks of "reaction time and reflexes". Of course, they can be useful. Or can they? Also this requires Scriptural support:

Genesis 32:24
And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

:hmmm: Some support? We could be like Jacob and benefit from a good physical condition and reflexes. On the other hand...

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

:hmmm: I vouch for this one. Actual physical reflexes for hunting, OK, but in the end (and near the End of Times) we need Spiritual Strength and Spiritual reflexes. I do not think you were able to prove that this video game enhances our capabilities in that department. You can also see that the Bible is an endless source of information. Compared to that I must confess that your data on this game becomes irrelevant.

:repent:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

I very much appreciate that you handled this calmly. Though, I do not agree with some of these things, I shall not pester you people any longer. I will go my own way, even if it is the wrong, and you shall go yours. I wish you luck in your journey, and hope you guide people as you see fit. As for I, I will continue my life, as it is. In the end, we will see who was right all along, of course.

In my opinion, though, the bible is not necessarily literal guideline, but a story of the past, and what will happen if we go down that path, and that spiritual strength also comes from creativity, as your spirit becomes more active, searching for things to occupy, learn, create, etc. But, that is only my opinion. Let it not change yours, nor others on here. I shall leave this place, and not ruin your sanctuary, or, safe haven(or whatever, I don't know what you would call this place, besides forums, of course.)

YouWotm8 11-26-2014 09:52 PM

OMG GUYS I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING ATHEISTS MADE YOUR COMPUTER QUICKLY BURN IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :fear2: :sarcasm:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Basilissa 11-26-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouWotm8 (Post 1121631)
OMG GUYS I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING ATHEISTS MADE YOUR COMPUTER QUICKLY BURN IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :fear2: :sarcasm:

Huh?

Sweetie, I'm pretty sure that Chinese slaves happy workers made my computer, and some Christian CEO got paid for it, so it's all good. :thumbsup:

Zechariah Smyth 11-26-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Please put a little more thought into your posts, and use supporting Scripture.

:thumbsup:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Pastor Ezekiel 11-27-2014 03:28 AM

Quote:

I believe that the Holy Bible gives evidence that God approves of computers.

Quote:

Ex:38:21: This is the sum of the tabernacle, even of the tabernacle of testimony, as it was counted, according to the commandment of Moses, for the service of the Levites, by the hand of Ithamar, son to Aaron the priest.
This is summing – adding things up to get a True / False answer.

Now look at this:

Quote:

Le:25:29: And if a man sell a dwelling house in a walled city, then he may redeem it within a whole year after it is sold; within a full year may he redeem it.
Le:25:30: And if it be not redeemed within the space of a full year, then the house that is in the walled city shall be established for ever to him that bought it throughout his generations: it shall not go out in the jubile.
Le:25:31: But the houses of the villages which have no wall round about them shall be counted as the fields of the country: they may be redeemed, and they shall go out in the jubile.

And here we see conditional summing - =IF(Houses<Walls,SUM(H:H’), TRUE,IF(WALL=0, JUBILE),IF(HOUSE=CITY, TRUE),JUBILE))

I do not think there is a clearer example of the hint from God that Computers would be Godly. :thumbsup:

Nice try, godmocker. :glare:

manint71 12-17-2014 09:25 PM

I'm not going to offend anyone here, but I'm just trying to stand up for the developers of my favorite game: I made a video response to this post that can be found here: I hate Jesus [WARNING FOR HORRIBLE ENGLISH]

Dr Laurence Niles 12-17-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manint71 (Post 1125367)
I'm not going to offend anyone here, but I'm just trying to stand up for the developers of my favorite game: I made a video response to this post that can be found here: I hate Jesus [WARNING FOR HORRIBLE ENGLISH]

You're American is actually very good.

YIC