The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Christian Woman Persecuted in Atlanta (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=467)

Talitha 10-11-2006 10:36 PM

Christian Woman Persecuted in Atlanta

What is this World coming to?

Quote:

ATLANTA -- A mother accused of cutting off part of her son's tongue with hot scissors avoided a 5-year prison sentence and was sentenced to 10 years probation.
But before going on probation, Samantha J. Davis, 33, will serve 60 to 180 days in a detention center.
Judge Wade Crumbley also told Davis to complete a 26-week parenting class, a nonviolence class and have only supervised visits with her son.
Henry County prosecutors had recommended that Davis serve five years in prison. But the boy's father testified Tuesday that he did not want her to go to prison.
"He told the judge she is a good woman, and he doesn't feel his son is unsafe around her," Davis ' lawyer, Rickey L. Richardson, said.
Davis heated a pair of scissors on a stove in August 2004 and held it to her 6-year-old son's neck before cutting off a piece of his tongue as punishment for talking back, authorities said. Her estranged husband, Toby Davis reported the injuries to police and she was arrested.
The child has been in his father's custody since then. Davis pleaded guilty in June to two child cruelty charges.
But the state's case was hampered when Toby Davis filed court papers refusing to cooperate with the prosecution and asking that charges be dropped. The boy also signed an affidavit saying he did not want his mother prosecuted.
Henry District Attorney Tommy Floyd said he did not know if the father's refusal affected the sentence.
"The judge didn't say, 'This is why I'm doing what I'm doing.' I know the father was very reluctant to prosecute and we feel he influenced the child," Floyd said.
In the meantime, Richardson said Samantha Davis was relieved by the sentence.
"She was hoping for straight probation but at least it isn't the five years in prison the state wanted," he said.
That Woman is a credit to us all for following God's© Holy Word.
Proverbs 10:31
The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.

Pastor Ezekiel 10-11-2006 11:14 PM

Re: Christian Woman Persecuted in Atlanta

When will these activist jew judges stop persecuting Christians? Sodomites walk the streets freely and trees get hugged each and every day, yet Godly parents who try and correct their rebellious children, AS GOD COMMANDS, are singled out for imprisonment. :angry:

Jesus, please come back soon!:jesus:

Glendora Christianson 10-12-2006 12:44 PM

I'm sure the poor mother was thinking of the Good Book of Proverbs, when she showed her son the Lord's will.

Proverbs 10:31 The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.

I say that brat is lucky to still have his lips:

Psalm 12:3 The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, [and] the tongue that speaketh proud things:

I just hope any persecution that falls upon this wonderful mother finds its way back to the secular communist government officials who violated her parental rights!

bridging-the-gap 10-12-2006 05:27 PM

don't you feel sorry for the child he had his tongue cut of!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 8634)
When will these activist jew judges stop persecuting Christians? Sodomites walk the streets freely and trees get hugged each and every day, yet Godly parents who try and correct their rebellious children, AS GOD COMMANDS, are singled out for imprisonment. :angry:

Jesus, please come back soon!:jesus:

Brother V 10-12-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridging-the-gap (Post 8874)

um, why do you hate?

Jesus said:

Matthew 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Think about how much damage a tongue can do?

Psalm 78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.

It's probably for the best anyway.

YIC
V

bridging-the-gap 10-12-2006 05:46 PM

i don't hate i just don't think what she did is right.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 8878)
um, why do you hate?

Jesus said:

Matthew 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Psalm 78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.

YIC
V

Bobby-Joe 10-12-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridging-the-gap (Post 8874)

Would you rather the child grow up a rebellious sass mouthed serial killer, Democrate and end up in Hell?

bridging-the-gap 10-12-2006 05:52 PM

well he doesn't deserve to have his tongue cut off!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 8878)
um, why do you hate?

Jesus said:

YIC
V

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 8882)
Would you rather the child grow up a rebellious sass mouthed serial killer, Democrate and end up in Hell?

Bobby-Joe 10-12-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridging-the-gap (Post 8885)
well he doesn't deserve to have his tongue cut off!

Answer the question friend; if it stopped Teb Bundy from becoming a serial killer you agree cutting Ted Bundy's tongue out as a child would have been a good thing?

Brother Temperance 10-13-2006 11:41 AM

You seem awfully quick to rush to judgement. That six-year old was probably just about to ring up Kim Jong-Il and tell him the launch code for all America's nukes. I suppose you'd rather see the USA annihilated by Communist gooks, rather than decent Christian parenting?

bridging-the-gap 10-13-2006 05:55 PM

no!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 8896)
Answer the question friend; if it stopped Teb Bundy from becoming a serial killer you agree cutting Ted Bundy's tongue out as a child would have been a good thing?

bridging-the-gap 10-13-2006 05:57 PM

yeah i'd love to see the bad part of america blown up
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 9133)
You seem awfully quick to rush to judgement. That six-year old was probably just about to ring up Kim Jong-Il and tell him the launch code for all America's nukes. I suppose you'd rather see the USA annihilated by Communist gooks, rather than decent Christian parenting?

Brother Temperance 10-13-2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridging-the-gap (Post 9220)
yeah i'd love to see the bad part of america blown up

It is all coming out now: Like all liberals, this demon hates life, Jesus and America. Her role models are serial killers, islamofascist suicide bombers, and crazed gook dictators. Friends, this creature is the very model of a Demoncrat supporter.

not_satan 11-20-2006 10:48 PM

Re: Christian Woman Got Off Too Easy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 8896)

I'm pretty sure that harrasing and abusing children is what turns them into serial killers, rapists, and God forbid, another George Bush

and another thing!

"Vote Republican or God will make you eat your childern for betraying America, Christianity and Freedom.

A free people have the freedom not to question their leaders.

Stay the course in Iraq for RAPTURE!"

Of course you have the freedom not to question your leaders....but to not do so it retarted! All of America should be ashamed that they re-elected that complete idiot in the first place!

Brother Temperance 11-20-2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_satan (Post 17699)
I'm pretty sure that harrasing and abusing children is what turns them into serial killers, rapists, and God forbid, another George Bush

Name one serial killer who had their tongue cut out as a child. Go on.
Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabe satan
Of course you have the freedom not to question your leaders....but to not do so it retarted! All of America should be ashamed that they re-elected that complete idiot in the first place!

Friend, what do you have against democracy?

not_satan 11-21-2006 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 17721)
Name one serial killer who had their tongue cut out as a child. Go on.

Friend, what do you have against democracy?

Lets see....i didn't say anything about serial killers who had their tongue cut out...but that had been abused and harmed in some way (be it mental or physical ... watever gets you off)

And I think that there is no greater good on this planet than democracy

I was saying that using such propoganda as "god will make you eat your children and you will go to hell if you vote democrat" ( i know it's not a direct quote but you get the jist of it) defeats the purpose of democrocy because democracy is based upon each persons free will to chose which person he sees fit to lead the country.

Pastor Al E Pistle 11-21-2006 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_satan (Post 17774)
I was saying that using such propoganda as "god will make you eat your children and you will go to hell if you vote democrat" ( i know it's not a direct quote but you get the jist of it) defeats the purpose of democrocy because democracy is based upon each persons free will to chose which person he sees fit to lead the country.

Friend, just as there should be limits to freedom, ''free will'' is highly overrated.

not_satan 11-21-2006 02:48 AM

actually I think free will is quite underated actually

not_satan 11-21-2006 03:42 AM

uuuuuuuummmmmmmm first of all you live in a democracy .....

and cutting off the lips, tongue, or most other things on a child or anyone else in cruel and unusual punishment.....

which as far as I know is against the law in crazy land (Iowa and where ever else you nutcases live) as well as everywhere else in the US

Pastor Al E Pistle 11-21-2006 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_satan (Post 17799)
uuuuuuuummmmmmmm first of all you live in a democracy .....

Not anymore, sonny. Didn't you hear of the Military Commissions Act of 2006? We are now on track for JESUS!