The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Poetaster's Korner (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   True Christian Haiku (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=94725)

Witch Hammer 11-27-2013 03:33 AM

True Christian Haiku

As much as I hate to admit it, the slopes may have hit on something with the Haiku. The power and simplicity of the format sure lends itself to expressing the principles of True Christianity...

two gayrods
sweaty from exertion
Jesus weeps

shady window sill
hot pie cools
a coon is near

mouthy wife
with busted lip
should have shut up

better to trust
a poison snake
than hook-nosed joos

trev_wy 12-02-2014 02:41 PM

Re: True Christian Haiku

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 1044087)
As much as I hate to admit it, the slopes may have hit on something with the Haiku. The power and simplicity of the format sure lends itself to expressing the principles of True Christianity...

two gayrods
sweaty from exertion
Jesus weeps

shady window sill
hot pie cools
a coon is near

mouthy wife
with busted lip
should have shut up

better to trust
a poison snake
than hook-nosed joos

Thought Haikus had 17 beats 5-7-5 or are these the English translations. Mine have 17 beats but different line lenghts. By th term "con" hope you meant the animal, not the derogatory term for black person, not very Christian like if you did.

Mary Etheldreda 12-02-2014 02:48 PM

Know-it-all heathens
Bring God's Wrath upon themselves
Jesus will have
the last laugh

trev_wy 12-02-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1122541)
Know-it-all heathens
Bring God's Wrath upon themselves
Jesus will have
the last laugh

I'm sure he will but who will be laughing with him?

Pastor Ezekiel 12-03-2014 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trev_wy (Post 1122540)
Thought Haikus had 17 beats 5-7-5 or are these the English translations. Mine have 17 beats but different line lenghts. By th term "con" hope you meant the animal, not the derogatory term for black person, not very Christian like if you did.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

Jedediah 12-03-2014 04:02 AM

Praising LORD Jesus
Gives me something to do and
Makes me happier

Sometimes I praise Him
While I'm doing other things
And have accidents

It's okay to pray
With your eyes open at times
When you are driving

I had my doubts but
Prayed on this crucial matter
Jesus says it's fine

I would be so lost
Without Jesus in my life
I don't have hobbies

Alvin Moss 12-03-2014 04:48 AM

When we saw them cavort
We knew they were awash with sin
And we gouged out their eyes

WWJDnow 12-03-2014 08:49 AM

I refuse to write any of this haiku drivel. I still haven't forgiven the orientals for what they did to us at Pearl Harbor and My Lai. Well, I forgave them as an act of Christian charity, of course, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to hold it against them personally.